Kicked out of medical school, school won't let me see essay exam I failed....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not to resurface old wounds, but does anyone know how hard it is to get kicked out of med school? what percentage of people don't graduate in 4 years?

:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

not to resurface old wounds, but does anyone know how hard it is to get kicked out of med school? what percentage of people don't graduate in 4 years?

Depends entirely on the school. I've heard of schools that allow you to spread out the first two years into three years if you're having trouble, schools that allow you to repeat first year and then even repeat second year if you're failing, and I've heard of schools that will kick you out by Christmas of first year if you don't prove yourself. Stateside allo schools tend to be the most lenient, but again, it depends on your school.

You don't get kicked out for failing one exam, you get kicked out for failing many many exams, not showing improvement, and topping it off by punching the dean in the face. It is difficult to fail medical school. If the committee and the dean both think that you aren't qualified for a medical degree, then there is more to this story than you are mentioning.

Knowing the grade on this one retake exam will tell you what exactly? You had to have failed many exams to be in this place.

/thumbsup