Keep hope alive! (I mean this forum, actually)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesswise

Sucker for a pretty girl
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All I mean is: there are fewer of us re-apps here on SDN than there are applicants who will get in the 1st time.

I check the Canadian IMG forum every now and then, but there are so few posts that I don't bother to go back.

But I feel that this forum (re-applicants) should be kept active, because, of all the SDNers, we need the good advice the most! After all, as re-apps, we've missed the boat at least once.

Let's keep posting about our experiences, especially SUCCESS stories, for the benefit of our peers who have been rejected, with all that implies.

Jess

Members don't see this ad.

I'm proof hope works as long as you don't lose faith in your self. This is my second time applying after taking one year off from applying because I had lost complete confidence in myself. It took ALL my strength and energy to pull myself up off the floor and apply one more time.

I was crushed when I was waitlisted at my first choice school. It was connected to my undergrad school. I had met with the dean for 3 years every other semester at her request, I was president of the pre-med scociety, volunteered at the hospital which was connected to the school and worked at the cancer center tied to the school and then was rejected after not clearing the waitlist.

I tried to move on with my life. I would not look at anything medical, and even moved away from the city where we lived. I tried to push away my desire to become a doctor, but it literally ate me up inside. I couldn't do it and after a year of trying to ignore my dreams I deceided to reapply.

I have had numerous interviews, and acceptances and I am going to attend VCOM in the fall. I am really happy I gave it one more try. And I would strongly urge anyone who is following their dream..... NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is technically my second time applying to allopathic schools. I applied last cycle but withdrew after receiving my August MCAT score (25M:() I was down for a while since I didn't know what to do and the rest of my app was nothing spectacular. When I finally picked myself up, I took the dreadful test again 2 more times and improved 8 points. I also took the year to do more hospital volunteering and take some fun classes. This cycle has been much better. I have one acceptance and more interviews to come. To the reapplicants out there, believe in yourself and keep going. The rest will follow.:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
More proof that persistence pays ... I went from last year one interview ... to five interviews this year and one acceptance so far (Case Western) ... with very little difference between applications, go figure

Keep the faith

That's awesome....Case is an amazing school!

Congrats!!!

Happy endings are always nice...!!

Best of Luck to you!