KCOM Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the administration seems to be pretty set on everyone having the designated laptops, how advantageous is it to buy one of the 3 options?

Well if you're interested in the Lenovo tablet, you can keep checking out Lenovo's Outlet store (stock changes week to week). They don't have this years model, but the X200's are great. Mine has better specs all around and was just over a grand. I believe the only thing you won't get by ordering through the outlet is the docking station and a laptop bag that you would get from campus. Plus, they should be able to do any kind of hardware repairs on campus because it still is the Lenovo tablet.

I guess I should also mention that you probably won't get MS Office either (though if you're lucky like me you'll get a copy of it included with the outlet order). But...you can get Office Professional Academic 2010 for $80 just by having a .edu email address.

link here: http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

Anyway, if you want to go the tablet+Windows route and would like to save a few hundred dollars, I'd go with the outlet store.

Members don't see this ad.

Well if you're interested in the Lenovo tablet, you can keep checking out Lenovo's Outlet store (stock changes week to week). They don't have this years model, but the X200's are great. Mine has better specs all around and was just over a grand. I believe the only thing you won't get by ordering through the outlet is the docking station and a laptop bag that you would get from campus. Plus, they should be able to do any kind of hardware repairs on campus because it still is the Lenovo tablet.

I guess I should also mention that you probably won't get MS Office either (though if you're lucky like me you'll get a copy of it included with the outlet order). But...you can get Office Professional Academic 2010 for $80 just by having a .edu email address.

link here: http://www.microsoft.com/student/office/en-us/default.aspx

Anyway, if you want to go the tablet+Windows route and would like to save a few hundred dollars, I'd go with the outlet store.

Hey that helps a ton, thanks!

This might be a really dumb question but here it goes anyway. Is there a way to access your email account without using the myatsu site? When i go to gmail.com to try and access it it says my account doesn't exist or the password is wrong. I was assuming it would be the same password as the myatsu login but it isnt. The only way ive been able to check my atsu email account is through the myatsu site. I have a primary email account on yahoo and i wanted to link the atsu account to my yahoo one but i have no idea what the password is to my atsu account lol.

Hope that made some sense,

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a really dumb question but here it goes anyway. Is there a way to access your email account without using the myatsu site? When i go to gmail.com to try and access it it says my account doesn't exist or the password is wrong. I was assuming it would be the same password as the myatsu login but it isnt. The only way ive been able to check my atsu email account is through the myatsu site. I have a primary email account on yahoo and i wanted to link the atsu account to my yahoo one but i have no idea what the password is to my atsu account lol.

Thanks for the help.

So from what I understand about the ATSU network is that the email is only powered by google and not gmail. I thought at first, as you did, that we could log in straight off google but unfortunately not. Im not sure how you link up emails either. If you lost the password to log into myatsu then you gotta call them because thats the only way to check your email- and if you havent checked it in a while you probably have missed tons of important emails like I have. If you find an easier way to get into your atsu email holler back :D

Does anybody know how to get a hold of previous graduating match lists besides last years? Among other reasons, I am trying to figure out how many, if any, graduates obtained residencies at the Mayo in MN.

What heath insurance are people going with? I'm trying to find the lowest cost a month that meets the school requirements.

Thanks for the help.
What I've done is forwarded all email from my ATSU account to my gmail account. I've then set up an ATSU folder and a filter in my gmail account so that all ATSU emails go straight into that ATSU folder. It works pretty well :).

What heath insurance are people going with? I'm trying to find the lowest cost a month that meets the school requirements.

If you are under the age of 26 and single, you can get back on your parents' health insurance. Are you able to do that?

I was thinking of buying one and I don't know if I should spring for the 3G coverage, or if the wifi in and around the school is good enough. Anybody know? The website had some info on the hospital's hot spots, but not the school's. Is the whole campus hot?

No... unfortunately not. I have to get my own health insurance