Kaplan Materials for study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freedoctor17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi SDN,

I have the full Kaplan set and I also have the lesson plan book that they use for their classes as well as the high yield problem solving guide and 528 book. I have 3.5 months over the summer to study before my exam and was just looking over the materials to make a schedule. I'm a bit lost on whether I should use the lesson plan books or not and just focus on the actual content books.

Does anyone that also used the full set without the actual class have recommendations on how to go about it? All the schedules on here use a variety of materials but for content wise at least I'd like to stick to just Kaplan and Khan academy as I don't want to buy more stuff when they all seem very similar.

For practice exams I'm going to buy a variety of different ones though to see which are closest to the AAMC style.

Use the Kaplan books solely for content. Incorporate the Kaplan CARS strategy into your studies and determine whether you like the strategy or not. Not quite sure what the lesson plan books are but the study plans on SDN seem to be godly. Stick with Kaplan/Khan, content will be same for every company, just worded differently with different test-taking strategies. Focus on FL tests, that's where most of your money should go.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Use the Kaplan books solely for content. Incorporate the Kaplan CARS strategy into your studies and determine whether you like the strategy or not. Not quite sure what the lesson plan books are but the study plans on SDN seem to be godly. Stick with Kaplan/Khan, content will be same for every company, just worded differently with different test-taking strategies. Focus on FL tests, that's where most of your money should go.

Best of luck.

Ok that's what I'm planning on doing but was hoping to get an opinion on what people thought of the lesson plan book.

The lesson plan book is given to people who take the class and it pretty much gives a specific layout to study and extra practice problems.

I was hoping to see if anyone suggested actually doing this along with the other books or if I should just use the extra problems and not actually read through the book.

Also do you have any suggestions for a study plan that uses just Kaplan/khan? I haven't seen any like that. They all seem to implement various study materials.

Bump

So I found out there's no answers to the MCAT lesson book unless you're actually enrolled in the class. I got mine from someone else who took the class so I guess it's kinda useless without answers. Apparently they send a PDF out with the answers though so would it be ok to ask for that from anyone on here who has it or is that considered pirating material as it's not available for sale or anything?

The third editions of the books were only 20 bucks more but I got the second edition just for the extra high yield problem solving guide, quick sheets, and lesson plan book that came with it though. Would really suck if I can't get the answers somehow.