kaplan 45 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of info on this book when doing a search. There were only 5 reviews on this book on amazon as well. Anyone have comments on this book?

Members don't see this ad.

The Kaplan MCAT 45 book was helpful in showing me my weaknesses, aside from that i found it to be nothing like the real thing. Also my practice test immediatly following me going through the book did not improve much (maybe 1 point total) Its a good motivater, but nothing more

I studied the Kap 45 book, but I wasn't expecting a 45 by the way.
I think the book is good for two things.

1). Making you not freak out if you hit a nasty passage. I had tons of nasty passages on my MCAT, but I surprisingly kept my cool--I mean what can you say with 80% physics and other measly bit being chem with a good number of questions computation-based? Although I was pressured, especially for time, confidence and calmness helped me finish.

2). Reinforcing science concepts.

PS: I still feel like a scored a 26, if not less.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i totally agree with Nuel, that book has two purposes

1. you're diagnosing at 35 or above- in this case it is very valuable for helping you push your score a bit more, because in that territory (especially above 37 or so) your test taking skills matter as much if not more than your knowledge base

2. you need to practice composure. this is actually a good book for people who are having a problem with freaking out. this book is all freak out passages, as well as some useful skills to do when ya feel your freak coming on.

do be careful about this book though- if you're going to take it deadly serious and be depressed if you miss every question in a passage, this is certainly not for you. it's a double edged sword; go into itwith your eyes open and it is (IMHO) an invaluable tool and in fact it was the only commercial company's book i used to prep.

R_C_

ps- Nuel, hang in there buddy, these last days before getting your scores are some of the most macabre, introspective and self-doubting times you'll experience. I was feeling pretty crappy about looking at my scores when they came out- dont worry, there is not a doubt in my mind you will be pleasantly surprised when you log on and this ordeal is finally over.

If you get this book, get ready for endless hours doing the passages, then worst, following through with the difficult explainations. Go to Borders or Barnes and Noble yourself and take a look at the book.

using examkrackers verbal strategy and if i get this book on top of that i'm worried about throwing things off by using a different system. did you take the explanation of the correct answers in KAPLAN 45 MCAT seriously or did you use the book as a way just to get practice on some hard passages? I'm Thanks