45 Days MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

In general just a made up scenario say someone just started studying 45 dayish until there exam would that be enough for someone to successfully finish content and do practice exams and passages to successfully pass the MCAT? Do people even do well and pass just studying a month and thats it?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on your background and how much time you have on your hands (are you working full time? part time? taking any classes?) but for most people that’s not enough time.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I studied 150 hours over the course of 6 weeks (~45 days).

I scored a 511.

I am currently a rising MS2 at a respectable US MD school.

Make of that what you will.

My advice, try to do more than 150 hours. Give it your all and do it right the first time.

Reactions: 1 user
I studied 150 hours over the course of 6 weeks (~45 days).

I scored a 511.

I am currently a rising MS2 at a respectable US MD school.

Make of that what you will.

My advice, try to do more than 150 hours. Give it your all and do it right the first time.

When you started from day 1 did you start with content like did you need to drill content?

Maybe. How fresh is the content? Theoretically they could skip content review and jump straight into doing practice problems and full lengths.

This is exactly the strategy I utilized. I took practice tests and studied the concepts that I hadn't nailed down (capacitance, SN1/SN2 rxn, everything psych/soc, etc.)

One of the most popular mistakes that students make is rushing. This exam is the most important test in your life for now. Why do you want to take it ASAP if you are not confident? Don't take the test until you are ready! Wait for nest cycle, prepare, improve your application, and then apply. You may end up with ~500 score and ruin your chances for MD, sure, you may get 528 as well, but why to take the risk?

I would suggest if this hypothetical applicant had already completed all of the pre-Rex to include bio chemistry genetics and cell biology. Maybe psych too, recently then 45 days would be plenty of time to get acclimated to the AAMC question style. However, without taking all those prerequisites recently and needing to refresh on content, I would recommend at least another 30 days Of content review before questions.

In general just a made up scenario say someone just started studying 45 dayish until there exam would that be enough for someone to successfully finish content and do practice exams and passages to successfully pass the MCAT? Do people even do well and pass just studying a month and thats it?
Only you can answer this. The wise @gonnif describes MCAT prep as being something like a six month full time job.

Reactions: 1 user
The MCAT feels like a far-in-the-distance blur after finishing my first year of med school, but from what I remember, I studied about that amount. I was a humanities major and had a lot to learn. I only had time for one practice test. Got a 509. Could've def done better with more study time, but I guess it got me where I needed to be.

Only if you're brilliant. The MCAT isn't just content, it's a test. You have to learn the format and strategize for it based on how you're doing on prescribe tests. You have to learn the game too and that takes time