Just Wrote my OATs today!

saloo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my OAT's today. I am a lil disappointed with my scores, but I am hoping I don't have to take it again. I did horrible in my Physics section but the rest seems ok. So these are my scores:
QR = 320
RC 340
Bio 320
GC 310
OC 330
Physics 260 (OUCH!!!!)
TS 300
AA 310
My overall gpa is 3.0 and I have 3 years of work experience as an optometric technician. I am only applying to ICO and Indiana University, but my top priority is ICO. Do you guys think I should take it again to raise my score? Keep in mind that I am applying for this year. Do you think I can get into ICO? Any comments/advice will be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you turned in your application? What is your science GPA?

Since you have to wait 90 days before you can take it again. I suggest waiting awhile before signing up again. I would wait for a response from the school or even let them know you are willing to retake the test. Study for the physics section to make sure you do better in that section next time.

Good luck... I hope you get accepted:)

Hi saloo,

Also remember that schools have specific deadlines for the last test date they will accept. Most range from December 1st (Berkeley) to June 1st (PCO and NECO).

I am in the same boat because I am taking my OAT for the first time in 2 weeks and I only have 1 shot because I applied to SUNY, ICO, NOVA, PCO, and NECO...my top choice schools have their deadlines between February 28th and April 1st. This means that if I don't do well I can't even take the test again and still get in for Fall 2007 admission!

Hope this helps - I have attached the last accepted test deadlines and other info from the "Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry" website: http://www.opted.org/info_main.cfm

Good Luck and keep us all posted on your status!

Attachments

• 2006 Profile of Entering Class.pdf
    37.3 KB · Views: 187
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't send in the application yet! I am hoping to send it out this week. I have to recalculate my sci gpa becuz i have to include the classes from this semester, but it's probably between 2.96-3.00.

I am applying to ICO as well and I just took my OAT and I have to retake it again and am applying for Fall 2007. After reading these posts, I'm starting to feel bummed because I would have to wait for another year. Bummer. Maybe studying over the summer will help me improve on the areas that I didn't do too well.

Btw, does anyone know how many times can we take the OAT?

I think you can take the OAT as many times as you want (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Be careful because you have to wait 90 days before you can take the OAT again and some schools have deadlines for the last day they will accept OAT scores. I think the last day for ICO is March 15th or something.

Why do you feel like you have to take the OAT again - I think if you got b/w 310-320 AA then you are competitive.

Stay positive and good luck!!