June 18, 2009 MCAT Official Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drudge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This is just a post for all of us out there who are taking the June 18, 2009 MCAT Test!

First of all, I have been trying for an hour to get in, but the MCAT Registration site says

"Thank You for Your Patience" blah blah blah... wait for your turn!

Anyone else getting that out there?

*** UPDATE: Just got off the phone with MCAT folks and they said not to leave the webpage, or else you will lose your spot and they will open the registration link before noon.

********************** UPDATE 2: I just got in after having waiting since 8:05 AM this morning EST. I had turned on both my laptops and both the home computers. Just wait and you will get in. So, registered at 10:40AM

Once you sign in, everything is just normal! good luck!

*************************** AFTER TAKING TEST---

So friends, took the MCAT on June 18th @ 2PM

I signed in at 1:20PM, but was seated at 2:15PM, they had computer issues, but there were people who came after me and they went ahead of me, made me kind of nervous.

Overall, I felt okay, not good and not that bad.

PS - Some parts were good, but OMG, there were some where I was like, what the hell is this?

VR - WTF? Where do these passages crop up from? They are the most random passages. The one about Thoreau, Whitman was the most awkward one. However, the stupid passage on sperm whale topped in insanity and utter rubbish.

WR - The second prompt that related to dishonesty and friendship. How weird and awkward? I ended up writing about prostitution.

BS - O.M.G.! This was hard! This was harder than the PS in my view. There were some passages that were short, like 2 of them. But, there were one or two that were just tooooo long and weirdly detailed. The one with Colcine Acid or something like that that was injected into the mice, what the hell was that??

On Practice AAMC

PS - 8 to 10
VR - 9 or 10
BS - 9 to 10

Real MCAT Prediction - NO CLUE!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
37R - 2PM

12P 11V 14B

AAMC Average (only took 5 tests) - 37.2

Thought PS was far harder (rotational kinetics) than AAMC and more number-intensive, but verbal and bio were pretty standard. I honestly thought my W would be far lower - only written 1 paper above 3 pages in college. Predicted somewhere 34-40. Got right in the middle of that range.

Oh, and EK all the way. No need to pay for a course. Anyone wanna buy some books?

See MDApps for profile info. I'm taking a year off and applying next cycle.

Last edited:
Hi, just got my scores back. Feeling awful. Got a 30 O on May 22 and got a 29Q today. My AAMC practice tests indicated I would greatly improve.

May 22:
9 VR
10 PS
11 BS

June 18:
9 VR
10 PS
10 BS

3.87 GPA, graduated a year early to work full time as a Nursing Assitant, lots of research/shadowing and club bball.

Do I have any shot at good MD programs?

Pre mcat avgs... 32.5

Real thing.. 29O

9P
10V
10B

I needed a 33+ so bad cuz I'm a URM with a sub 3.0 gpa.. PS really let me down.. I knew it 2 cuz there was more plancks going on than I previously anticipated.. Any adivce?? Retake? Help!

helloooo???? can i get some feedback here... do i need to apply to aUStralia or what???? :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys. I need your help.

First test: 11PS 06VR 10BS = 27
Second test: 07PS 10VR 08BS = 25

What do I do? only apply to schools who look at the best score in each section? Please help. I feel like my life is over.

The girl I am in love with seems way too out of my league and unreachable, and now this.

Guys. I need your help.

What do I do? only apply to schools who look at the best score in each section? Please help. I feel like my life is over.

The girl I am in love with seems way too out of my league and unreachable, and now this.

Your MCAT score and your love life are quite different ; )

The MCAT may be taken over again, so don't freak out too much. If you insist on applying this cycle definitely consider schools that 'take the best score.' I'm not sure what schools those are though...

Guys. I need your help.

Don't you worry! I thought my wife was way out of my league! Just love her, love her, love her! God be with you my friend. P. S. My buddy just got into an MD school (waitlisted then accepted) with a 25. Keep at 'em.

AAMC average
VR 10
BS 13.5
PS 13

Actual MCAT
VR 11
BS 14
PS 12

37 O I am very grateful. The real thing seemed much harder than the practice tests, so I am quite surprised. I worked hard and prayed a lot. Congratulations to everyone. It was a tough exam.

As promised, here you go:

AAMC Average:

PS: 12.5
VR: 10.5
BS: 12
Com: 33

2PM Actual 6/18 MCAT:

PS: 11
VR: 13
BS: 14

Com: 38O

helloooo???? can i get some feedback here... do i need to apply to aUStralia or what???? :mad:
try the wamc or urm forum. i have no idea..it's possible no one else here does too. with a sub 3.0 id think the best thing would be a post bacc or smp.. with a 29 i think you'd have no probs finding one.

edit: the amount of mcat scores above avg (31) is pretty impressive.. also, there are a lot of >35 with some beastly bio scores... either it wasnt as hard as people made it seem or there was an epic curve.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys. I need your help.

I would say try to apply to DO schools because these scores would probably be in the competitive range for them.

41Q

14 PS
14 BS
13 VR

I didn't take any AAMC practice tests this time, but my last score (3 years back, the old school paper version) was:

37O

14 PS
12 BS
11 VR

How I felt upon leaving the exam:

Hello all- long time reader, first time poster here, first time MCAT taker today and just let me say: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I f**king hate MCAT. Like OMG,OMG, OMG, makes me want to kill myself.

That being said, I also had the worst f*ing anxiety, by the end of the test I literally couldn't feel my hands and I thought I was dying. But I finished!

Anyway, I took at 2:00pm and came out feeling like I had been runover by a truck.

I took about 20 practice tests, and was doing consistantly well. Only the first 2 were under 30, max was a 35. Lot's of 32-34.

Ps: had been scoring 9-13 with an average lately being a 11. This PS killed me. KILLED ME! I guessed on the entire last passage plus a couple discretes. I don;t know if you guys who are saying it was easy had the same test but I did not think it was easy. I'm slightly annoyed that you all thought this **** was cake. That discs vs. block on a plane was like SH&^%, I know I should get this stuff but I know I'm gonna get half these questions wrong because this is confusing. I was so nervous and I probably wasted about 5 solid minutes staring at the first question trying to just breathe and I still didn't get it. Anxiety blows! Ps was my weakest subject but I do know so much material and I felt like I didn't get to show what I know AT aLL! I also felt that more studying wouldn't really have helped because the stuff I didn't know was so random.

Verbal: Comparable to AAMC. Not horrible, guessed on last 2 questions cause I ran out of time. Practice test average 10-11 with a few higher a few lower.

WS: I hated these prompts, unlike many of you it seems. I thought they were stupid and I much prefer to be able to use examples of real people, events, etc, and you really couldn't for these.

BS: Usually my best section. Average was a 12 on practice tests. Very little outside knowledge required on this one. MAjor critical thinking stuff. The anxiety hit me about half way through like a brick wall. STarted with the chest pain. I really almost got up half way through. I had that mouse metabolism passage, the NET bacteria thing, etc, only 2 orgo, some other tough bio... orgo not so bad although I'm sure I missed some questions anyway.

Overall thought:
GOd, I just hope I don't have to retake, I don;t think my heart can handle it. Tell me it's gonna be ok. I hate this mother #$%&&$% test. OMG.

AND REAL SCORES:

Test Date06/18/2009ScorePercentile
Scores:Verbal Reasoning: 12 95.6 - 98.4 Physical Sciences 10 70.8 - 81.9 Writing SampleQ 66.6 - 84.8 Biological Sciences 11 77.0 - 89.1
Total Score 33Q 89.0 - 91.9

Very very happy with a 33Q. I actually cried tears of joy. My best performance ever? I doubt it just because my anxiety was so so bad on test day. Overall, my actual score was right on with AAMC practice test average.

I want to say that I absolutely studied my ass off for this test, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. To those who didn't get what they had hoped for or scored much worse than their averages: my heart really goes out to you. I was hoping for the best but I was dreading retaking. If your hearts are in the right place I believe things have a way of falling into place. Everything, good and bad, does happen for a reason, and one test absolutely does not determine your intelligence or whether or not you would make a good doctor. My sister is smarter than me and she has to retake. Please keep fighting and if you are in it for the right reasons it WILL happen for you. Keep your heads up. This test almost broke my spirit but don't let it break yours. It is just one test and has absolutely nothing to do with your value as people. Just keep at it and if it is meant to be it will be. Peace and Love guys. BE STRONG!

LOL. understatement. a lot of you simply crushed this test! many scores in top 10th of all test takers, etc. congrats!... if you used TBR PLEASE contribute to the 30+ mcat thread atop this page.

good luck to those retaking!!

So true, man. So true. These guys killed it.

Verbal Reasoning (VR): 10 Percentile Range: 69.1 - 84.5
Physical Sciences (PS): 11 Percentile Range: 82.0 - 90.8
Writing Sample (WS): M Percentile Range: 11.9 - 35.1
Biological Sciences (BS): 12 Percentile Range: 89.2 - 95.8
Total Score: 33M Percentile Range: 89.0 - 91.9

Haha my WS is pathetic

Hi all,

My first post! I've been a longtime lurker but figured, hey, my scores are out, might as well contribute. Also, I've been out drinking since 9pm so I'm very, VERY inebriated so do with the information in this post as you will.

I got a 34T. 12 PS -- 11 VR -- 11 BS -- T Writing Sample.

My practice scores, however, were a bit different:
AAMC #6: 41 -- 15 PS 13 VR 13 BS
AAMC #7: 37 -- 13 PS 11 VR 13 BS
AAMC #8 -- 38 -- 14 PS 11 VR 13 BS
AAMC #9 -- 38 -- 14 PS 11 VR 13 BS
AAMC #10 -- 39 -- 14 PS 12 VR 13 BS

Average: PS -- 14, VR -- 12, BS -- 13 --> 39 Average
Actual MCAT -- 34T

Big discrepancy? Yes, scoring 5 points below my average is of course a cause for concern. But good lord, my feelings walking out of that test?...

Post-exam Predictions: 13 PS, 11 VR, 8 BS -- 33 MAX.

No joke. The BS was so beyond difficult that I literally thought I had guessed on more than 70% of the questions. You might think I'm exaggerating but man, I promise you -- even on the hardest AAMC's, I at least made educated guesses, whereas on the actual thing, I wound up picking random answers just because they sounded nice with no logic or rational thinking involved. I must have guessed EXTREMELY luckily since I wound up with an 11 overall. My one piece of advice -- STUDY YOUR ORGO. I WISH I had spent more time focusing on the IUPAC nomenclature for more complicated molecules beyond your basic alcohols, ketones, aldehydes, etc. My 8am exam expected you to know some very complicated naming rules to answer its questions, and I certainly did NOT know any of them, which is what led to the rampant blind-guessing.

PS -- I thought I nailed this section. I couldn't think of a single question I got wrong, and the fact that I scored below my average is a bit disappointing considering that I had a VERY fair PS -- no rotational kinematics (totally cruel to whoever wound up with that passage), no ball-disk-loop passage, no parabolic lens passage, etc. so I had expected to score higher. Guess not. Overall, TBR is hands-down the best review for this section. No question.

VR -- This was a bit embarrassing. I'm an English major and expected to hit a 12 minimum in this section, but MCAT verbal is much more than just being a good analytical thinker. This section is subjective to the MAX. I think the 8am exam had some very difficult passages, particularly the airport lane economics passage, and there were several questions that I couldn't pin down the EXACT answer. For some perspective on my disappointment, I scored an 800 verbal both times I took the SAT and an 800 Writing/770 Literature SAT II score, so I thought this would be cake. Not so. Practice this section, no matter how stuck-up about your critical reading skills you are. I didn't do a SINGLE practice passage for this out of any prep book, and I was most certainly a pompous ass when it came to this section, and I got screwed out of a few points because of that.

BS -- Oh. My. God. Study. Your. IUPAC. Nomenclature. I can't describe how I felt walking out of the test after this section. It is seriously too painful. I almost voided because of this section ALONE, and drew the clock down to 4:56 before deciding to score it. There wasn't a SINGLE gimme question in this entire question, and I feel that NO AAMC OR KAPLAN practice test prepared me adequately for this particular BS section. 3 orgo passages. Questions AND answer choices all given in CONVOLUTED IUPAC nomenclature. Not a single easy biology passage otherwise. Didn't test at least 30% of the stuff I had spent so much time learning to perfection (hormones, circulatory system, respiration, etc.) Blind-guessed on at LEAST 15 questions. This was the very definition of a nightmare section. I was seriously expecting, even after hitting an average of 13 in every BS i took, a goddamn 7-9 in this section. It was that hard. And lo and behold, I wind up with an 11. The MCAT is a very, very, very funny test, and I've concluded that I simply will not ever understand it.

So there you go, that's my breakdown. I'm VERY proud of my score, though you upper-30's scorers are certainly making me a bit envious. To everyone -- we survived a particularly hellish incarnation of this exam, and I think we are the guinea pigs in a new wave of very difficult MCAT examinations. Don't lose heart. If you deserve to be a doctor, you will eventually defeat this test. Good luck to you all, and man am I proud of what I earned, even if it was below what I was hitting on my practice tests. The MCAT is a different beast now, and using your AAMC's to 100% accurately predict your test-day performance is nonsensical at this point. If ANYONE has any questions about MCAT preparation, test-day tips, test prep company selection, etc., PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME! I would LOVE to share what I have learned with you all :)

Last edited:
2 pm!

28 Q ...my writing score >>...

i guess the readers have a sense of humor after all

also..breakdown is PS: 10 , VR: 8 , BS: 10

AAMC AVg: 25
KAPLAN Avg: 26

out of 12 aamc and kaplan practice tests i took, i got 1 28...so i guess i work well under pressure :)

im quite satisfied with this score, even though i was hoping to break a 30...Thank you GOD!!

Last edited:
AAMC Average: 36.4
PS: 13.2
VR: 9.8
BS: 13.4

8AM MCAT: 35O
PS:14
VR: 9

Last year June 13/2008 MCAT: 28O
PS: 10
VR: 6

I'm slightly concerned about my VR score <10. Would it be a deal breaker for some better schools? I learned English when I was 13.

Study:
I took TPR from Jan-April 2008. Never paid too much attention because of school. Studied for 3 weeks and did EK verbal 101 before getting killed by VR first time around. I decided to do it again after I graduate.

In 2009 I studied for 5 weeks with the same TPR material and some bio books from the college years. I retook the EK Verbal 101 and read random books. I also tried other EK material for like 15 seconds before I decided it wasn't my style. After the exam I thought I bombed every section besides VR (funny how things turned out). I think I could use an extra point or 2 on VR.

Unless you get Jessica Alba to personally offer me a full ride to Harvard Med, there is no way in hell I'm going through this again.

Anyone's scores not showing up in AMCAS yet? I was looking to submit after I had decided on retake or not, but my scores aren't there yet. I'm hoping it'll all be set tomorrow.

I seem to have an opposite trend to most of you guys/gals.

PS: 8
VR: 13
WS: Q
BS: 11

So 32 Q overall I'm depressed about the PS but ecstatic over the VR so overall a good day I doubt I'd retest but who knows.

UC Davis here I come.

Hi, just got my scores back. Feeling awful. Got a 30 O on May 22 and got a 29Q today. My AAMC practice tests indicated I would greatly improve.

May 22:
9 VR
10 PS
11 BS

June 18:
9 VR
10 PS
10 BS

3.87 GPA, graduated a year early to work full time as a Nursing Assitant, lots of research/shadowing and club bball.

Do I have any shot at good MD programs?

Yes I knew plenty of people who got in with a 28 and had alot lower GPA than you. If you are still uncertain you willget into a D.O. school

AAMC Avg. 29.5

REAL MCAT 31 N!!! VR 9 BS12 PS 10
I thought I had completely bombed the BS section and did excellent on PS so I was kinda disappointed in the PS score however overall ecstatic about my score. I will definitely be able to get into a D.O. school and with the average black student that matriculates into allopathic medical school averaging a 26 (from FACTs (AAMC)) I don't think I will have a problem getting into MD school also.

Where are all the people from this thread that I recognize?????? SO many people are coming out of the woodwork and posting scores in here. weird.

Well everyone I can finally breathe a little easier: 36Q

VR:13
PS: 9
BS: 14

I'm laughing a bit at the PS- i really had hoped to break ten but at this point who the hell cares. I think PS is generally what people do the best in so I hope adcoms aren't double-taking my score and saying WTF? but whatever. always hated physics, always will, it's over now.

i'll post all that extra info later. congrats everyone else! :D

I didn't take a practice, I burned out and quit studying about 6 weeks before the exam.
The diagnostic I took last year was a 25
I got a whopping.... 29 :(
Got to do it again. Congrats to those who achieved their target scores!! I'm going to really hit it hard now

I got a 33N (11PS, 12 VR, 10 BS). Kind of bummed about the writing sample score but one of my prompts was really stupid so I'm not that surprised. My goal score was 32-34 so I'm right where I wanted to be. :)

Congrats to everyone, these are some awesome scores I'm seeing in this thread!

I didn't take a practice, I burned out and quit studying about 6 weeks before the exam.
The diagnostic I took last year was a 25
I got a whopping.... 29 :(
Got to do it again. Congrats to those who achieved their target scores!! I'm going to really hit it hard now

What's your GPA a 29 isn't really a bad score.

congrats mary! you will be set! and what the hell, is the average score for june 18th a 38 or something? if it is i broke it by 1!
39T (P=14, V=11, B=14), will post everything else a little later, pretty hungover right now, lost to my bro by 1 point tho
congrats all you crazy people, so far the majority of posters have had absolutely ridiculous results!!!

V: 11, PS: 13, BS: 13, writing: T

37T...I started crying. I don't think I've had such a good night's sleep in like three years!

Congratulations everyone!

While you guys were getting good sleep and all, I couldn't fall asleep from the excitement. I probably needed Valium for the anxiety before the test results, and probably needed Valium for the excitement after the test results :D

SO i know you all want to know about bearforce!!!!! you know the story i got a 28n 3/28 i broke up with my gf of 3 years before and didnt study for 2 weeks before the test. well guess what? GOd is good, i got a 32M, thats +4 for all of you whos basic math is shaky. 11v, 11p, 10b M...the m i could care less about.

I knew i would do better, i kinda wish i would have gotten my predicted scores, 12p, 11v, 11B but im good, i mean how many people do you know who score + 4 on a retake,. I took the 2pm test. i knew the bio would bring me down i really didnt like 2 of the passages, the experimentals, but it didnt go down. My AAMC averages were around 12p, 10v, 12b, but its not my 28 (9v, 9p, 10b) either, thank god. Remember people that even when things look bad and you start to doubt yourself, you can make it through. I thought my world was going to end when i first opened my screen and saw my 28, i studied so long and hard for the test the first time so the breakup really messed me up, i was going to ask her to marry me, but everything is a lesson learned and this whole thing has become an essay for my secondaries talking about dilemmas and how i solved mine. Good luck to all, Greatjob to some, this forum has been great over the past month, i think i have added d&*m near 30 posts to the count.
hit me up sometime those who have been here holding it down with me.

CONGRATS BEAR!!! you are obviously set now too! :thumbup:
i am so happy, god, so much sacrifice, i cant tear my gaze away from the mcat thx screen
its so idiotic to take so much pride in a set of 3 numbers and a letter, but i can't stop!!! good luck everyone, reach for the stars!

SO i know you all want to know about bearforce!!!!! you know the story i got a 28n 3/28 i broke up with my gf of 3 years before and didnt study for 2 weeks before the test. well guess what? GOd is good, i got a 32M, thats +4 for all of you whos basic math is shaky. 11v, 11p, 10b M...the m i could care less about.

I knew i would do better, i kinda wish i would have gotten my predicted scores, 12p, 11v, 11B but im good, i mean how many people do you know who score + 4 on a retake,. I took the 2pm test. i knew the bio would bring me down i really didnt like 2 of the passages, the experimentals, but it didnt go down. My AAMC averages were around 12p, 10v, 12b, but its not my 28 (9v, 9p, 10b) either, thank god. Remember people that even when things look bad and you start to doubt yourself, you can make it through. I thought my world was going to end when i first opened my screen and saw my 28, i studied so long and hard for the test the first time so the breakup really messed me up, i was going to ask her to marry me, but everything is a lesson learned and this whole thing has become an essay for my secondaries talking about dilemmas and how i solved mine. Good luck to all, Greatjob to some, this forum has been great over the past month, i think i have added d&*m near 30 posts to the count.
hit me up sometime those who have been here holding it down with me.

Nice. I got a +4 as well (30->30->34) , with a PM test. Sorry about the break-up, hope you're holding up better now.

congrats mary! you will be set! and what the hell, is the average score for june 18th a 38 or something? if it is i broke it by 1!
39T (P=14, V=11, B=14), will post everything else a little later, pretty hungover right now, lost to my bro by 1 point tho
congrats all you crazy people, so far the majority of posters have had absolutely ridiculous results!!!

Jesus Cristo, WTF!? Congrats!!! You're like the male version of Ksmi . . . too young and smart for your own damn good!

I'm still so annoyed about my low PS score . . . but I have a good (and true) spin to put on it, which is that I avoided math and physics like the plague throughout high school and college because i thought i'd never need it. oops. :) but considering that I never took a math class higher than algebra 2, and i never took physics in high school at all . . . well. you get it. still though it's maddening that like 60-70% of my entire MCAT studying time was devoted to PS . . . if i would have finished that section i think i would have gotten 10 but i didn't. in the words of Dr Elliot Reid . . . FRICK!

oh well God bless VR and BS. I'm still amazed I managed to pull a 14 on BS because my orgo background consists of only first semester Organic . . . at community college. Take that, CC haters!!

Jesus Cristo, WTF!? Congrats!!! You're like the male version of Ksmi . . . too young and smart for your own damn good!

I'm still so annoyed about my low PS score . . . but I have a good (and true) spin to put on it, which is that I avoided math and physics like the plague throughout high school and college because i thought i'd never need it. oops. :) but considering that I never took a math class higher than algebra 2, and i never took physics in high school at all . . . well. you get it. still though it's maddening that like 60-70% of my entire MCAT studying time was devoted to PS . . . if i would have finished that section i think i would have gotten 10 but i didn't. in the words of Dr Elliot Reid . . . FRICK!

oh well God bless VR and BS. I'm still amazed I managed to pull a 14 on BS because my orgo background consists of only first semester Organic . . . at community college. Take that, CC haters!!

haha, i don't know ksmi, but would she KiSs MI? (horrible joke, im too elated to care)
your score is great, PS is least important section, and double frick!

i dont even consider the writing a section, even though i do like the sound of my T! :D

PS: 7, VR: 10, BS: 8, WS: Q - 25Q

Practice Averages: PS: 9-12, VR: 10-13, BS: 8-10

PS freaking killed me, was definitely expected 3-4 points higher on that section and at least a 28 overall. I would retake but I lack the time, energy, and money for that right now. Oh well, I guess it is DO or post-bac (hopefully NOT a year off) for me. Any suggestions based on my MDApps would be greatly appreciated.

PS: 7, VR: 10, BS: 8, WS: Q - 25Q

Practice Averages: PS: 9-12, VR: 10-13, BS: 8-10

PS freaking killed me, was definitely expected 3-4 points higher on that section and at least a 28 overall. I would retake but I lack the time, energy, and money for that right now. Oh well, I guess it is DO or post-bac (hopefully NOT a year off) for me. Any suggestions based on my MDApps would be greatly appreciated.

A year off shouldn't be something to look down upon. I was pretty down when I missed this last year, but right now, I'm enjoying my work, and I could use a break from education. Having been enrolled in school for the past 17(kindergarten = school, amirite?) years, I really enjoy the breather.

haha, i don't know ksmi, but would she KiSs MI? (horrible joke, im too elated to care)
your score is great, PS is least important section, and double frick!

Ksmi (yes, aka KissMe:laugh:) is a mod and spends her days in the Class of 2014 thread . . . where you should be spending some time!!!!! but she is also 20 and got a 40 i believe . . . all you crazy young whipper-snappers. Frick on a stick!

damn i am a big fan of the 20 40 symmetry. do you think me, a 20 39, has a shot with a girl like that? altho i am applying for class of 2015, i would rather spend my 21st year in college than in med school, no need to gradaute early!

damn i am a big fan of the 20 40 symmetry. do you think me, a 20 39, has a shot with a girl like that? altho i am applying for class of 2015, i would rather spend my 21st year in college than in med school, no need to gradaute early!

No. Only men care about numbers and letters. Women look beyond that.

I do hope you people get the joke. Please note, I am not a MCP!