Navy JPME-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? Is there any associated ADSO for the online portion of the war college? Are there any consequences if you don't like the degree and drop out?

I have thought about doing a humanitarian grad degree as a hobby, and this seemed like a good application boost, I was wondering if there are any hidden downsides?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone done this? Is there any associated ADSO for the online portion of the war college? Are there any consequences if you don't like the degree and drop out?

I have thought about doing a humanitarian grad degree as a hobby, and this seemed like a good application boost, I was wondering if there are any hidden downsides?

Definitely do the CD version. And if you'd like a little tidbit of advice, PM me, it's a little too sketch to post

Reactions: 1 user
No Navy experience with this... just Google-fu.

Army ADSO is 2 years for the online portion of the War College even if the participant drops out. The ADSO is concurrent with all other ADSO's. Reference Army documents are AR 350-100 and DA Pam 600-3.

Navy obligation appears to be the same - http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...an/1000/1300Assignment/Documents/1301-904.pdf

Is there a utilization tour required upon completion?

Members don't see this ad :)
No Navy experience with this... just Google-fu.

Army ADSO is 2 years for the online portion of the War College even if the participant drops out. The ADSO is concurrent with all other ADSO's. Reference Army documents are AR 350-100 and DA Pam 600-3.

Navy obligation appears to be the same - http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...an/1000/1300Assignment/Documents/1301-904.pdf

Is there a utilization tour required upon completion?

This isn't clear at all but its making it sound like its two years ADSO from finishing the online course. Which means I cant do it, since I only have two years left as of right now. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also they are making it sound like it's nearly a year just to start a class, so I'm not sure I could finish it in any event.

This isn't clear at all but its making it sound like its two years ADSO from finishing the online course. Which means I cant do it, since I only have two years left as of right now. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also they are making it sound like it's nearly a year just to start a class, so I'm not sure I could finish it in any event.

Double check me, but the ADSO is only for the degree granting versions of the War Colleges. If you just do the JPME portion through distance learning I don't believe there is any ADSO.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just in case anyone googles this in the future: I found out that the relevant instruction is OPNAVINST 1520.23C. There is no obligation for the online or CD version of JPME-1, whether or not you pick up a Master's degree from it. If you attend JPME-1 in person you owe 2 years.

Starting now. That was a huge box of books. For those who went after the masters, any thoughts on what the best electives are?

Reactions: 1 user