Jordan Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I was wondering if there are any med students in any of Jordan's two med schools here....

I am in a little confusion as to which one to enter if I get accepted to both schools, the one in Amman or the one in Irbid. I heard the one in Irbid is much stronger and you get to do your rotations in the top hospital in Jordan which is associated with the university itself.

Thanks for any input. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there
Although I dont live there any more , I am originally from Jordan and I graduated from J.U.S.T few years ago and I know it has a very strong program , very good professors and well equipped hospitals to do rotations in.
For Jordan University I think it's a good one but scientific wise I think J.U.S.T is stronger.

Take care

Thanks for your input dr. amer.

Just 2 more questions please :) ...did you have a hard time or did you get your number one residency choice wherever you are right now, and for say, America?
Also, if i graduated from Jordan University would it make it any harder to get your residency number one choice than if you had graduated from J.U.S.T.?

Thank you so much.

Getting Your number one choice has nothing to do with where you graduated from ( unless you graduate from USA medical schools if you want to do residency in USA)
it all depends on how good you do ( scores in USMLE 1,2 and 3)the last one (step 3 is necessery for the visa in USA
If you are not a US landed immigrant(green card holder ) or US citizen then the problems in chooseing you speciality is alittle bit harder than if you were.

any how you dont have to worry about the for now.
getting a family practice residency which is kinda equal to G.P in our world ( it doesnt exist here any more in North America) is very easy if you have very goood scores and if you do some rotation in US hospital( electives) and even if you dont it still donest matter .
the Letters of recomendations is very important too to get you good residency or good impression in the program you are applying to.
so many ppl i know ( international graduate got even Surgery res.)
any how Radiology,Dermatology,orthopedics surgery and i Guess now psychiatry is very hard to get into for international students but other than i dont think you will have any problems with ( esp. Internal medicine and Family practice ).
For me I am not in USa ,I am in Canada and its way harder here to get into goos speciality if you are not a Canadian citizen or didnt do your schooling here.
Uk on the otehr hand is much easier although you still have to pass their exams(PLAB) and then it takes a bit longer for residency traning than in North America.
Gook luck to you in your schooling and wish you the best
Regards
Amer