join siblings GP practice or specialize in orthodontics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamsartipi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!

Have the opportunity to join my sister in her 2nd clinic as an employee full time. Positive will have the opportunity to buy-in the practice. However, I also have been eyeing orthodontics as a potential speciality in the future. Going to be around 250-270K CAD in debt at the end. Financially, which is the best option? How about lifestyle?

Members don't see this ad.

hi!

Have the opportunity to join my sister in her 2nd clinic as an employee full time. Positive will have the opportunity to buy-in the practice. However, I also have been eyeing orthodontics as a potential speciality in the future. Going to be around 250-270K CAD in debt at the end. Financially, which is the best option? How about lifestyle?
Working with family can always be dicey. You’ll be sitting with your boss at Thanksgiving and Christmas. How’s your relationship?

Last edited:
Working family can always be dicey. You’ll be sitting with your boss at Thanksgiving and Christmas. How’s your relationship?
yeah that's what I was thinking about. Our age difference is a lot around 12 years but its a very good relationship.

hi!

My advice is not to ask sdn for career advice.
There is no way to answer your question as there are too many variables. Either option could be great or poor. Specialty is no panacea, only do it if you really want to do it.

Reactions: 1 users