Jobs threads and moderation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We (I) have been getting a lot of complaints from users, both publicly on the forums and by private message, that too many threads are being hijacked (for lack of a better term) by posters which use any opportunity to complain about the job market or the field of pathology. While in general I hate stifling discussions or redirecting posts, at times it is necessary for the greater good of the forum when every thread starts to become a soapbox for certain posters. Because this problem has become more acute lately, I am going to start merging similar threads if they are created. Please use existing threads to carry on similar discussions, and please try to stay relatively on topic in existing threads.

The job market is of course an important topic which deserves discussion, but it does not need to overwhelm every topic on the forum. While many of you consider this to be the discussion that should trump all others, this view is not shared by others. As users of this forum, we all should respect the rights and views of those who agree with us and disagree with us, no matter what our opinion. And we should all try to be respectful and professional.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump (as a reminder)