Jobs galore!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright - what are these locums jobs paying ?

I know we are paying traveling RNs > 200/ hr currently. Can locums pathologists even beat this ?

I hear about these opportunities too but if they are paying crap what good is that.

I inquired about a locums position: $105 an hour.

6CC7EF14-E94A-46D1-8EEE-CCC3729077A2.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, is it even possible to get less as ANY other boarded specialty-trained MD?
My DVM friend makes at least twice more I believe :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got this post - maybe $200/hr or less depending on the hours?
Are you available to work Pathology Locums in Houston? $1600 per day. Some weeks have on-call needs with additional compensation. Mix of cases. Some weeks are for AP CP. Other weeks need GI or GU or Breast expertise.

Just got this post - maybe $200/hr or less depending on the hours?
Are you available to work Pathology Locums in Houston? $1600 per day. Some weeks have on-call needs with additional compensation. Mix of cases. Some weeks are for AP CP. Other weeks need GI or GU or Breast expertise.
Better than $840 a day lol. This position was for Midwest btw. Not a desirable city to live in either.

What are the rates you see for locums for Pathologists?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I’ve tons of jobs opening for locum workers. You have the ability to work in any state temporarily and we will pay for housing licensing and travel.

And THIS is the kind of crap you pay. I will almost GUARAN -GD-TEE you that your managerial staff makes a hell of a lot more than this. How the worm has turned! Perhaps- - -,
forget it. I’d get banned.

How much is the daily rate you are offering?

Locum pays way more the 100 an hour I wouldn’t even tell my provider that price that is way too low.

Being honest locum is best when you’re just getting out of residency because you don’t have much responsibilities that have a family and you can travel anywhere in a country for a short period time take time off and still make more money than those who have a permanent job at the hospital. And it’s also great for people who are retiring and their kids are at college they can also travel as well as do their practice in different cities and take time off whenever they want and work whenever they want.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s really depends on your specialty some provider easy make 4k a day or more

Cmon man you’re in the Pathology forum. We are asking for pathology locum rates per day that you are seeing.

Reactions: 2 users
Other hospitals and clinics might offer a different rate. Might be higher or lower. It depends on what being offer.

And THIS is the kind of crap you pay. I will almost GUARAN -GD-TEE you that your managerial staff makes a hell of a lot more than this. How the worm has turned! Perhaps- - -,
forget it. I’d get banned.

I just posted a rate

Do transfusion medicine locums positions exist?
Doubt it. It’s all oversight that can be done by a lab tech in the blood bank or by a covering clinician or nurse for an apheresis service. Locums only exists in AP because someone has to push the glass and generate a report.

Reactions: 2 users
That rate I would say is reasonable for an AP/Dermpath. However, in my area the rate for a general AP/CP is around 1,000/day.

Yeah $1000 a day sucks even more so if you’re living in a high cost city . Dermpath is different story. That rate does sound reasonable esp if your pushing dermpath.

I have a position open now for Dermatology for ND MD DO and they can make from 3k to 5k a day
We are Pathologists. We are asking about locums rates for GENERAL pathologists. Thanks.

CompHealth quoted me anywhere from 1800-2300/day for a pathologist. As far as what the pathologist's cut is... I have no idea. I haven't checked in recent months, but I am pretty sure that the daily rate is still around that ballpark.

CompHealth quoted me anywhere from 1800-2300/day for a pathologist. As far as what the pathologist's cut is... I have no idea. I haven't checked in recent months, but I am pretty sure that the daily rate is still around that ballpark.
Do you think that is acceptable?

Do you think that is acceptable?
Depends on volume and region of the country. It's significantly more than what used to be the norm. I guess it depends on what you think you're worth. Are you worth more or less than 1250/day (which is what I am guess is take home pay for the pathologist)?

Saw this on LinkedIn - thought it was relevant to the locums discussion here - looks like the average locums firm makes more than what they give to the pathologist! This was from a post from a locums agency that charges a flat rate (not % based) for staffing. You can PM me for more information about the firm if you're interested (*disclaimer - I am not associated to this firm, just a connection on LI).
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 5.57.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 5.57.53 PM.png

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Saw this on LinkedIn - thought it was relevant to the locums discussion here - looks like the average locums firm makes more than what they give to the pathologist! This was from a post from a locums agency that charges a flat rate (not % based) for staffing. You can PM me for more information about the firm if you're interested (*disclaimer - I am not associated to this firm, just a connection on LI).
View attachment 354061View attachment 354062

Saw that too. But when i see splashy adds directed at those who feel underpaid/ desperate I just see it as a fancified way to reap more money from our labors. Talk is cheap.

View attachment 354061View attachment 354062
I 100% believe it. I do think the good times are coming to an end for these agencies. I have heard from many they can't find any pathologists. The only way that will change is if they pay more.

I 100% believe it. I do think the good times are coming to an end for these agencies. I have heard from many they can't find any pathologists. The only way that will change is if they pay more.

And fewer paths in the pool will go a long way.

My experience with locums is that if you think you have a problem that can be fixed by hiring locums, you now have two problems.

Reactions: 5 users