Jobs in RI for an EMT-B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnc9109

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be finishing my EMT-B course this summer and hopefully will pass the exam and be licensed soon after. My question is though as an EMT-B, what exactly can I do. At least for RI, finding jobs is tough, especially for one that has this certification.

All of the hospitals I looked at in terms of jobs have a ton of jobs for CNA's and Med Techs, but none that have EMT-B as a qualification. Is the EMT-B equivalent to any other license, such as a Med Tech? I volunteer with my school's EMT program, but we don't have many calls and even so its nothing too big. I'm trying to get the most experience I can, but it's a pain to actually get it.

As a volunteer in the hospital, lets say in the ER, can I actually do much with my EMT license? Or is it just pretty much observing?

I have no clue what to do

Members don't see this ad.

Find out who handles the 911 medical calls in your region. For me it is run by volunteers so it wasn't difficult to become a part of them.