Jefferson class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kikinin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Kiki and I will be going to Jefferson this August. I wanted to start this thread to get to know the people who will be my classmates of the class of 2009! Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am from Puerto Rico and currently live in Miami, FL. I graduated 2 years ago with a science bachelor in neuroscience from Brown University. I'm a sports person and played competitive tennis for 8 years of my life. Now I have started to learn how to play golf. I am currently a teacher for an elementary school. Hope I can hear from all of you who I will be meeting soon to start the journey of our lives. Congrats to all and good luck to the rest.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll join you Kiki, though I know there's another thread that hasn't been in the first few pages for a while now, what the heck...I'm Liz, grew up in, went to college in, and currently live in Minnesota - went to Carleton College specifically and got a degree in studio art. After college I took two years off, became a paramedic, and have been working as a medic since January. I've played tennis for most of my conscious life, though never on a team or very competitively and I played golf for my college team though, sadly, no one would call what I shot competitive either. I'll likely move down to Philly in mid July and I'm ridiculously excited about going to Jeff!

Hey kiki,
this is noemi, from your interview. I'm glad to see that you got in! When did you hear, cause i guess i'm just going to be on the wait list at this point since i didn't get a phone call. i might still be in philly though so we should hang out. PM me if you get this!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't give up - someone in my interview group heard within a week and it took a whole month for me to hear.

Does anyone know anything about the Victory Building, which Jeff advertises in the housing brochure that I got, but they don't have anything on the web-site about it? Do they own it? Is it student housing or just some company paid them to advertise it?

rdavid said:
Does anyone know anything about the Victory Building, which Jeff advertises in the housing brochure that I got, but they don't have anything on the web-site about it? Do they own it? Is it student housing or just some company paid them to advertise it?

Both sort of. My understanding is that it is part of Jefferson housing but there are also outsiders living there since they have been before Jeff started using it. All of Jeffs housing buildings are run by an outside company and Victory is run by the same company. It is very new to Jefferson so they probably haven't made information very available yet.

Did anyone have a chance to see their housing? I didn't have time while I was there. Any suggestions on what housing is the best? Thanks again.

When I visited the housing office at Jefferson, I was told Victory is no longer an option for housing. I saw a double in Orlowitz and a single in Barringer, both of which were very nice. If you have a chance you should stop by the office to check them out.

The Victory building was bought recently and is being turned into high priced condos. Its not really an option for the med student budget.

Barringer was pretty cool. My host had a studio in barringer and it was sweet! Everyone told me that living on campus is really convenient, with all utilities included and high speed internet; just minutes from classes, library etc.