Jan 22 2011 PCAT results countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterchemist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since this is my first and presumeably only time taking the PCAT, I am very interested to see how I scored. :cool:

I know it's only been a week, but it's always on my mind! This is driving me nuts!

I felt very prepared, but as a first time PCAT taker I am nervous to see the percentile score. To clear things up, my percentile is based on how every else did on the Jan 22 test? or is it based on a previous year PCAT average score?

Thanks! Post in this topic if you receive any updates!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is my score 1st time
VA 392 35%:eek:
Bio 455 98%
RC 370 8%:eek: so bad, what can I do as an foreigner
QA 435 89%
Chem 472 99
Comp 86%
Writting 2/2

Last edited:
Better than last time :)

Oct 2010 PCAT
Verbal: 53
Bio: 71
Reading: 47
Quantitative: 12 :)confused:)
Chemistry: 37
Writing: 3.0 /3.0
Composite: 41.......ouch :(

Jan 2011 PCAT
Verbal: 77
Bio: 80
Reading: 71
Quantitative: 31 (still not my strongest)
Chemistry: 53
Writing: 3.0/3.0
Composite: 65..... Much better! I'll take it

Last edited:
this is my score 1st time
VA 392 35%:eek:
Bio 455 98%
RC 370 8%:eek: so bad, what can I do as an foreigner
QA 435 89%
Chem 472 99
Comp 86%
Writting 2.81/2.85

Congrats to those who have their scores already. I am just holding out a little bit for mine to come in the mail.

Jan 2011 PCAT
Verbal: 82
Bio: 80
Reading: 65
Quantitative: 57
Chemistry: 91
Writing: 3.0
conventions of language 3.0

COMPOSITE 82%%

what is conventions of language?

how is writing scored? what scale
Composite: 82

SUPER HAPPY!!! DIDN'T THINK I DID THIS WELL

my score went up 5 points.... really? O.O so much for the month's wait.

VA 412 68
Biology 418 76
Reading Comp 408 58
Quantitative 439 92
Chemistry 443 93
Composite 424 85

3.0/3.0

....Whatever. I'll take it. Hopefully that five point "boost" will get me in!

Hey guys- site is back up... BUT my test moved to "scored" ! No score yet though!

at the top of the main profile page click "Personal Score Report"

Then, on the bottom right hand side mark the bubble for the Jan 2011 test date and fill in your info.

continue with the information it asks you to put in.

I don't want to take this again. The Admissions Counselor at the school I'm hoping to go to told me last year's mean was 75.

Verbal - 95
Biology - 61
Reading Comp - 82
Quant. - 57
Chem - 20 (oops, only had taken Gen Chem I at the time)

Composite 71. I have a 3.9 GPA and already have a law degree (hated practicing law). The school has mid-year (Jan. 2012) start available and I'll be done with Chem II and the Organics in time for that.

Any advice on retaking? I got in A in Chem I and have an A going in Chem II. Think I'll be ok?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went down from 67 to 65. Great!
I am so pissed/sad at the same time. ARGGHH! ):

Old mark in parentheses.

Verbal Ability 63 (53)
Biology 94 (94)
Reading Comprehension 65 (65)
Quantitative 98 (73)
Chemistry 81 (88)
Composite 90 (83)

I felt that I might have been better, especially in verbal ability. But 90 is good enough that I will not need to rewrite.

Last edited:
Ok, my scores aren't so bad! I swore I wasn't going to pay that $20, but I couldn't help myself. I'm glad I didn't do worse; I might have been disappointed.

I didn't really study, but I did finally take the first semester of organic chemistry and calculus. I also slept enough this time (last time I was a nervous/sleepless wreck). I think it made a big difference!

Last edited:
I don't want to take this again. The Admissions Counselor at the school I'm hoping to go to told me last year's mean was 75.

Verbal - 95
Biology - 61
Reading Comp - 82
Quant. - 57

Composite 71. I have a 3.9 GPA and already have a law degree (hated practicing law). The school has mid-year (Jan. 2012) start available and I'll be done with Chem II and the Organics in time for that.

Any advice on retaking? I got in A in Chem I and have an A going in Chem II. Think I'll be ok?
I'd ask the specific schools you want to apply to about their PCAT policies. I was told I would have by my highest-ranked school that I'd stand a much better chance if I could bring my chem and quant scores up. You can see my previous scores earlier in this thread. That said, just taking organic will really help your chem score! Taking the PCAT before o chem I is really not a great idea (same thing I did the first time).

i just got my results.I am very happy :D
Verbal Ability 82
Biology 98
Reading Comprehension 34
Quantitative Ability 89
Chemistry 95
Composite 92

they are in.. 74 composite. :rolleyes: . Not as good as I'd like but it was my 1st time. 52 reading comprehension :scared: . Am going to go ahead and sign up for the next test in case I dont get in this semester.

congrats to everyone who did well and for those of us who may be retaking good luck.

i just got my results.I am very happy :D
Verbal Ability 82
Biology 98
Reading Comprehension 34
Quantitative Ability 89
Chemistry 95
Composite 92

I wish my RC and VA scores a little higher :( my others scores are almost the same as yours

90 composite

95 chemistry
84 biology
89 verbal

3/3 essay

Thanks to everyone for your help! First and last pcat! **** that was a lot of work but it paid off!

Oct. 16 scores in brackets
VA: 92(36)
BIO: 85(61)
Read Comp :17 (9)
Quant: 26(12)
chem :85 (37)
Comp: 69 (22)
conv lang 2.0/2.85
problem solving: 2.0/2.84.

aurrggg. I though i did well in reading comprehension. I hope this gets me in this time cos i don't wanna wait one year at home. I will sign up for the next PCAT just in case.

OK, here are my scores...I copied my predicted scores based on how I felt coming out of the test too. I thoughts I bombed the math, but did better than expected and reverse was true for chemistry (didn't do as well as I hoped)

Composite: 85%
Verbal 437 92%
Biology 447 96%
Reading Comp 412 65%
Quantitative 421 75%
Chemistry 405 53%

Writing 3/3

I feel good about my overall, so its a keeper!

HERES HOW I FELT COMING OUT OF THE TEST
Net:
Verbal: Expected Difficulty
Biology: Easier than Expected
Chemistry: Easier than Expected
Reading Comprehension: Expected Difficulty
Math: MUCH more difficult than expected!

Best Guess on Performance:
Verbal 70%
Biology: 80%
Chemistry 70%
Reading Comp: 60%
Math: 40-50%
Writing: Expect a 3 (unless they pick the essay I ran out of time on...then 2)
(I am a good writer, just challenged by time constraints)

Total: I would expect a 60-70%
(First time PCAT taker...and hopefully the last!)

Congrats to those who have their scores already. I am just holding out a little bit for mine to come in the mail.

Hey everyone, how long (on average) does it take for the mailed results to arrive after they are available online?

Hey everyone, how long (on average) does it take for the mailed results to arrive after they are available online?

It obviously depends on location. I live in Canada and it took 2.5 weeks after they were available online until I received my hard copy. But I think I remember others in the US who started to receive them within a week.

Sooo does anyone know how long until the scores are mailed?? I assume they will be sent soon since the scores are up online....

I don't want to potentially ruin my birthday AND lose $20... but it was my first time taking it so maybe my "I DID HORRIBLE!"-feeling isn't warranted. :shrug:
don't know what to do...

hehe didn't see the previous two message... Guess I should type, then post.. not meander about for a while! :)

Verbal - 95
Biology - 61
Reading Comp - 82
Quant. - 57

woooooooo 95 Verbal , VERY NICEE, MAY I ASK HOW DID YOU STUDY? WHAT MATERIALs DID YOU USE?

Did anyone happen to take the computer based exam? If so, did you like it? Were the questions in each section displayed all on one screen with a scroll bar, or was each question given one at a time? Was there a delay in questions at all? Thanks in advance!

Did anyone happen to take the computer based exam? If so, did you like it? Were the questions in each section displayed all on one screen with a scroll bar, or was each question given one at a time? Was there a delay in questions at all? Thanks in advance!

It displays one question at a time, no noticeable delay between questions. You can bookmark questions so you can return to them more easily at the end of the section. It was similar to the computer-based GRE.

I took the computer based version and I liked it! It was very handy. Each question was displayed in a single page. And you can go on to the next question or go back by the forward and backward buttons. You can also flag the questions.

I took the computer based version and I liked it! It was very handy. Each question was displayed in a single page. And you can go on to the next question or go back by the forward and backward buttons. You can also flag the questions.

Is there a timer displayed on the screen of the computer based PCAT?

lol wtf you have to pay 20 bucks to see your score online? what kind of scam is that?!

anywhos, i know one guy said about a week for americans, but does anyone else know how long it takes to get a mailed copy? I refuse to pay 20 bucks for my own score -____-

lol wtf you have to pay 20 bucks to see your score online? what kind of scam is that?!

anywhos, i know one guy said about a week for americans, but does anyone else know how long it takes to get a mailed copy? I refuse to pay 20 bucks for my own score -____-

Well, you must admit, it's a pretty effective way for them to make some extra money... :shifty: (just kidding!)

Anyway I think the scores get mailed about 1-2 weeks after the scores become available online, so depending on where you are about 2-4 days after that?

Jan '11 first time test taker:

Verbal: 400 48%
Biology: 430 88%
RC: 404 52%
Quant: 421 75%
Chemistry 439 91%

Composite 419 79%

Writing: 3/3

Studied hard for a little over 1 week, so I couldn't ask for more. Also, I came to this country when I was 10 years old and that affected my verbal and RC. Besides I think I did fairly well in what I feel is most important for pharmacy students.

You probably should hold out at this point, anyway. My paper copy just came in the mail today (in MN).

I just got my score today....! finally! studied for months.

VA 443 95%
Bio 484 99%
RC 412 65%
QA 435 89%
Chem 455 96%
Comp 98%
Writing 3.5/3.5

Why is reading comprehension so difficult? Most people that do very well in the sciences do not score well in RC? It has to be because our brains function in a certain manner that conflicts with the correct reasoning needed for reading comprehension. But then again, we are able to clearly read and understand concepts dealing with chem or bio fairly quick and easy. Where are these students who are getting into the 99th percentile in RC?

BTW, congrats sunnys on the well deserved score :D Hard work pays off in the end..god I hope thats actually true.

I just got my score today....! finally! studied for months.

VA 443 95%
Bio 484 99%
RC 412 65%
QA 435 89%
Chem 455 96%
Comp 98%
Writing 3.5/3.5

congrats dude!

i second Shadii's comment, I haven't gotten my score but Im pretty confident on RC. I mean....the answers were in the passage itself and Im pretty sure they all matched up....412 on the RC is only a 65% yet a 435 on QA is 89%, really want to see someone with 99% on RC and see what they think!

ps i check my mail everyday haha

Hey guys, I just got my score. I scored low on RC and VA (~60%) but my composite score is pretty good... should I worry about the % for my RC and VA? How much will the pharmacy schools care about the % for each section?
Thanks!

I scored low on my VA and RC also.
VA 48
RC 65
BIO 88
QA 89
Chem 96
comp 87 , 2/2

I thought I did worse. Maybe I should retake the test just because of the low VA score?

Anyone VA and RC lower than mine 35 and 8. Lol cant beat me on these subscores i dont think so.

Just got my results, feel pretty good about most of it

VA 432 89%
Bio 447 96%
RC 425 82%
QA 435 89%
Chem 449 95%
Comp 96%
Writing 2/3