IV Qbank vs. Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity what's the difference b/w the two? and when most ppl on this forum say do lots of q's from Qbank which one are they really referring to?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They are referring to Qbank itself. IV Qbank refers to clinical vingette (sp?) type questions.

yah that was my real question. i thought all the questions on teh normal qbank were set up as clinical vignette q's as opposed to factoid type questions? i thought the boards (step1) had most of the questions phrased in clinical vignette form??

thanks for hte replies

Members don't see this ad :)
normal q bank has a mix of factoid-type and clinical vignette-type questions. the overwhelming majority of questions you'll see on the real test will be clinical vignette questions, but you will get some straight fact questions as well. the q bank vignettes don't represent the style of step 1 question asking perfectly, so in my opinion, it is not the best way to spend your money. regular q bank is good to use to quiz yourself at the end of the day to make sure you are making progress, and to get comfortable with the format and timing of the test.

Originally posted by kcrd
normal q bank has a mix of factoid-type and clinical vignette-type questions. the overwhelming majority of questions you'll see on the real test will be clinical vignette questions, but you will get some straight fact questions as well. the q bank vignettes don't represent the style of step 1 question asking perfectly, so in my opinion, to get a subscription to iv q bank is not the best way to spend your money. regular q bank is good to use to quiz yourself at the end of the day to make sure you are making progress, and to get comfortable with the format and timing of the test.