IUHS owners banned in home country India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gummas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to an October 4th article in India's newspaper of record, "The Hindu", Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences, the parent corporation of IUHS, has been banned from recruiting Indian students. The highest court in one of India's states apparently ruled the Universal Empire's medical school was not properly licensed/registered with the Medical Council of India.

The article is online at www.hindu.com/2003/10/04/stories/2003100405740400.htm. Note that the 'net suffix is "htm" and not "html". If this link fails, enter it manually, or just run a Yahoo search for "universal empire" "high court". The newspaper article was posted on the Foreign Medical School forum at www.foreign-md.com last week.

This court ruling does NOT effect IUHS conducting medical school on its campus on St. Kitts, West Indies. But a state High Court ruling against Universal Empire does raise questions about how the parent company of IUHS does business. Can anyone verify that the office of a Florida representative of IUHS was closed down by the state of Florida a year or two ago, also for failure to be properly licensed there?

Members don't see this ad.

They were shut down approximately 2yrs ago by Florida and they moved to Canada. Haven't heard anything since then.

One of my math teachers work there and I also have a friend who is getting ready for step 1.

I'll get to the bottom of IUHS and get back to you with the truth and some stats ok.

who thought of that name for a school? is it run by Dr. Evil?

Reactions: 1 user