IU interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoxyDear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have an interview with IU. Can someone please tell me what to expect there? I am very nervous! =)

~Also, is the interview laid back or strict? an additional essay?
How do i prepare myself?

please help...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

The interview is very laid back. You have two interviews, but one is just a file review. I think the main point of the interview is to show them that you can carry a conversation and that you know what optometry is. If you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Hey! I just had my interview at IU, and I don't know the outcome yet or anything, but I can definitely tell you there is nothing to stress about. The interviews are very laid back and only a half hour each. The one interview is just a file/extracurricular review, and the second one is like the "why optometry?" portion. My interviewer asked me only three questions before he asked what I wanted to know about IU! There are no additional essays. You really don't need a ton of preparation; if you can explain why you want to be an optometrist you will do just fine.

I am usually a worrier, and I couldn't sleep the night before because I had stressed myself out so much... when I had finished the two interviews I realized how absolutely unnecessary all that worrying had been. :)

Best of luck with your interview! PM me if you have more questions.

Last edited: