Help! IUSO vs. OSUCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogirl2026

Reaction score
I’ve been accepted to both IU and OSU and I’m having a hard time deciding between them. I’m from Florida so distance from family is about the same. OSU is less expensive because of the in-state tuition after the first year and I was really impressed by their new facilities and faculty. But IU felt extremely welcoming and Bloomington was a nice city I can see myself living in. I think IU will also give me a robust education. Any current students/alum please please help and give your opinions on your experiences!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Thats a nice problem to have. Both are great schools. I am not a current alum but I just had an interview at Ohio State and I was wondering how soon after your interview/ around what time you heard back from them.

Congratulations! Thats a nice problem to have. Both are great schools. I am not a current alum but I just had an interview at Ohio State and I was wondering how soon after your interview/ around what time you heard back from them.
My OSU interview was on a Friday and I heard back Monday evening around 7pm.

OSU 100%. Did my undergraduate there but attending UCB right now. I somewhat regret not accepting my interview invitation with them. The whole school just got remodeled and the program is well distinguished - There is without a doubt that OSU can’t make you the best optometrist you can be.

Based from my undergraduate, you will be challenged but it will only help you in the long run.