Is this common?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's funny, because I see them advertised at your meetings ALL the time....

Do they teach you residents to be ethical at all? Or is that an elective in medical school? :confused:

FYI...our surgical training takes place in residency. Where did the great optometric surgeons of Oklahoma receive theirs?

Members don't see this ad.

Here... let me help you (reaching over to Meibomian)... get that chip off your shoulder. Oh yes, also... here's something to treat your yeast infection. You can thank me later!

Well thank you oh egotistic surgeon! And here, something to help with your incontinence (Depends case & bottle of Geritol). The pleasure is mines....Buddy try to relax a bit and get off that high horse for a change.

FYI...our surgical training takes place in residency. Where did the great optometric surgeons of Oklahoma receive theirs?

From you dad, they learned (and perfected it) by & through YOU.

All I can say is I'm glad I am not stuck referring to the ilk of some of you. No wonder patients always complain of their "doctor".

Last edited:
Here... let me help you (reaching over to Meibomian)... get that chip off your shoulder. Oh yes, also... here's something to treat your yeast infection. You can thank me later!

That chip on his shoulder is an inferiority complex.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well thank you oh egotistic surgeon! And here, something to help with your incontinence (Depends case & bottle of Geritol). The pleasure is mines....Buddy try to relax a bit and get off that high horse for a change.

All I can say is I'm glad I am not stuck referring to the ilk of some of you. No wonder patients always complain of their "doctor".

Haha... Keep talking your b.s. buddy. You are doing wonders for the reputation of ODs everywhere. The SCOPE fund will grow by leaps and bounds because of you. Thank you!

I'd rather have an Ophthalmologist operate on me any day of the week.

<sigh> Meibomian, you should have just went to med school. Instead, you will spend the rest of your life trolling these forums to satisfy your inferiority complex.

Meibomian clearly stated in another thread (which I've pulled up before) that he's dissatisfied with the state of Optometry and wishes he would have gone to medical school (but that it would be too hard to start over now). I don't really even see the point of arguing OD versus Ophthalmologist on any sane level in a normal setting, but the above information makes it even more pointless.

Last edited:

Dude ... really? Come on. :rolleyes:

Meibomian clearly stated in another thread (which I've pulled up before) that he's dissatisfied with the state of Optometry and wishes he would have gone to medical school (but that it would be too hard to start over now). I don't really even see the point of arguing OD versus Ophthalmologist on any sane level in a normal setting, but the above information makes it even more pointless.

I have stated before that I am unhappy with organized optometry and the direction it has taken.

I am happy as an OD and never wanted to pursue ophthalmology as a career. But had I known my profession was plagued by uphill legal battles for rights, then yes I would have chosen the medical route.

So stop twisting my words, student!