Is there no longer a chief forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mass Effect

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There used to be. Is this no longer a thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good evening Sir. Is there something you cant share with your peons?

IIRC, we closed the Chief's forum awhile ago because it was essentially dead. I'll check with the SDN hivemind to see if my recollection is correct.

FWIW, there's a Practicing Physicians forum that is visible/open to anyone with a Verified Physician badge.

Go here to learn how to get one.

Reactions: 2 users
I had assumed this was for attendings only, since I don't have a license number yet to verify with. I'd be happy to be wrong!
You are correct --- the Practicing Physicians forum is meant for those who have finished training but I will give access to graduating fellows to talk about job hunting. You also must have senior SDN membership which requires 100 or more posts.

The Chief Resident forum was closed because months if not more than a year would go by without a post in it and we got very few requests to join.

You are correct --- the Practicing Physicians forum is meant for those who have finished training but I will give access to graduating fellows to talk about job hunting. You also must have senior SDN membership which requires 100 or more posts.

The Chief Resident forum was closed because months if not more than a year would go by without a post in it and we got very few requests to join.

Any chance we could look into interest for a resident only section? Might get more use if it isn't limited to chiefs.

Any chance we could look into interest for a resident only section? Might get more use if it isn't limited to chiefs.
Is that what this forum is for?

If you're asking about one that has entry requirements which would bar students from posting, that's fine but a) its a lot of work for staff and b) not a lot of people are going to be willing to out themselves and give us their identity (you certainly won't get posts such as this one). I'm just not sure it would serve a good purpose that this forum doesn't already.

I suspect the Chief forum didn't get a lot of use because people didn't even recognize that it existed. Frankly, the questions in there were ones that could have been asked in this forum.

Thanks for the response. I'm surprised the chief forum didn't get more use. There are some issues that are specific to the role of chief and it would be nice to speak with other chiefs about those issues.