Is Temple Med School Underrated?

Ved

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some time ago, Temple Med School was in the Top 10 for the most applied med school. However, I feel like Temple is highly underrated comparing to the number of people that apply to Temple.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? I personally feel as if Temple is a great med school to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

Some time ago, Temple Med School was in the Top 10 for the most applied med school. However, I feel like Temple is highly underrated comparing to the number of people that apply to Temple.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? I personally feel as if Temple is a great med school to attend.

If you believe it’s great, that’s all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Temple is a fine med school. However # of applicants doesn't necessarily correlate with prestige.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Temple is a fine med school. However # of applicants doesn't necessarily correlate with prestige.

I think it's funny that you brought up prestige, since none of the above posters mentioned it. Perhaps you have an unconscious tendency to conflate "greatness" with prestige. (No doubt many do.) :)

I don't know if they're in the top 10 or not for apps received, but they're still way up there with 10.7k apps. GWU and Gtown seem to come out on top with > 14k apps. Right behind them is Drexel with 13.8. and NYMC with 12.3.

I loved temple. They seemed especially open to URM applicants

I think it's funny that you brought up prestige, since none of the above posters mentioned it. Perhaps you have an unconscious tendency to conflate "greatness" with prestige. (No doubt many do.) :)
That's a fair point. I think it's because much of how schools are rated is based on rankings or perceived prestige/reputation and not on quality of education. Medical education seems to be pretty uniform across US institutions so in that sense every US school is great.

Awkward Kid GIF-source.gif

Reactions: 2 users
That's a fair point. I think it's because much of how schools are rated is based on rankings or perceived prestige/reputation and not on quality of education. Medical education seems to be pretty uniform across US institutions so in that sense every US school is great.
The only people who fall for rankings are pre-meds and med school Deans.

Temple student here. The reason so many people apply to Temple is because it is dirt cheap, especially for in-state students.

As for rank, I agree with Goro. The vast majority of medical schools in this country are very good, and that includes Temple.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using SDN mobile

Is a $83,432.00 COA considered cheap? I know thats OOS tuition but I am under the impression that it's still pretty high no?