Is preference given to GS residents at fellowship institution?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pir8DeacDoc

Cerumen Extractor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been mulling things over and wondering about this...

Let's say for example that I think Mississippi (I'm not serious) would be a super great place to do a fellowship in PRS :D Is it to my advantage to try and match there for GS? or should I just try and go to the best place possible for GS and let the cards fall as they may for fellowship stuff? Thanks for any insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Pir8DeacDoc said:
I've been mulling things over and wondering about this...

Let's say for example that I think Mississippi (I'm not serious) would be a super great place to do a fellowship in PRS :D Is it to my advantage to try and match there for GS? or should I just try and go to the best place possible for GS and let the cards fall as they may for fellowship stuff? Thanks for any insight.

I am in the fellowship match this year. I haven't matched yet so I may not know what I am talking about. Now that I have given the disclaimer I would say that your best shot to match at your program of choice (if you already know) would be as a GS resident in that program. Most people don't know exactly where they want to go for fellowship so the next best thing would be to go to a place with a strong, well-connected plastics department that offers a fellowship. If you want to see a list of places that are offering fellowships this year you can see the list on my website. I think the address is listed in my sig. Hope this helps.