Is it wise to do a neurology elective before taking step 2 ck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchandrasika

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After completing all cores, is it wise to do a neurology elective before taking the step 2 ck?(I'd like to do really well on Step 2 ck).
If neurology isn't necessary in your opinion and IM studying is more than enough for the neurology portion, then I would much rather do a SUB-I in IM instead of neurology.

Members don't see this ad.

After completing all cores, is it wise to do a neurology elective before taking the step 2 ck?(I'd like to do really well on Step 2 ck).
If neurology isn't necessary in your opinion and IM studying is more than enough for the neurology portion, then I would much rather do a SUB-I in IM instead of neurology.

I don't really see how a neurology elective would help out unless you didn't have a neurology clerkship already (hopefully with an NBME exam at the end). Even with a neuro clerkship, I'm pretty sure I learned more by reading during the rest of the year for neuro questions than during the clinical time (neuro consults not so great for students here). FWIW, Step 2 CK went fabulously (on an absolute scale) for me.