Is it normal for a medical school to buy web ads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelminak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a simple question I guess. Normally I see ads for Carib schools and glaze over then, but weirdly I saw one for the school I’m going to (on a different site). I know how targeted ads work and what not so I’m not surprised that *I* got it, moreso just that my school would need to? Am I overthinking nothing? I figured med schools are competitive enough they wouldnt even need to advertise themselves.

Thanks for humoring my random thought.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just a simple question I guess. Normally I see ads for Carib schools and glaze over then, but weirdly I saw one for the school I’m going to (on a different site). I know how targeted ads work and what not so I’m not surprised that *I* got it, moreso just that my school would need to? Am I overthinking nothing? I figured med schools are competitive enough they wouldnt even need to advertise themselves.

Thanks for humoring my random thought.

If it's a DO school, it's cause they are the following the Caribbean programs and their marketing schemes with all the stupid expansion going on and only goes to show how idiotic the people of COCA and any other accrediting body for DO programs are in general.

Yeah.. I said it.

Bunch of money-hungry, greedy bastards that wanna push everybody into primary care, increase school tuition costs, and give you crappy 3rd and 4th year rotations in outpatient offices and online lectures to consider yourself a "future physician of America!".

Anybody else starting to see Wayne state medical school ads.

DOs and caribs aren't the only ones pulling this stunt.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen these for schools like the university of Chicago. It's pretty common

money-money-everywhere.jpg