Is buying a suit on 7/30 too late

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_or_Die

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been sending in secondaries this past week and it just dawned on me, I don't have a suit yet! I'm a smaller guy so the suit will definitely need to be tailored. I've never owned a suit, so I'm not entirely sure how long this process will take and I won't be able to go shopping until 7/30. What should I do if they start offering interviews soon?

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine at suitsupply and it only took a couple days to tailor (they did it in-store)

Getting a suit tailored usually only takes a few days, if they do it in house you can sometime ask/pay them to do it faster, like one business day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get it from youth/teen section. Go to Nordstrom Rack you will find something.

I got mine from Macy's, they usually have some sort of sale going on. I think I got a $400+ suit for like $160.

Reactions: 1 user
I got mine from Macy's, they usually have some sort of sale going on. I think I got a $400+ suit for like $160.
Wow that's a spanking good deal. I will have to keep my eye out for one of those sales.

Wow that's a spanking good deal. I will have to keep my eye out for one of those sales.
I went on a Friday night and the deal was that if I let the store hold onto it until the following Thursday they would take an extra 25% off the already like 60% off or whatever it was. Makes no sense but I wasn't arguing.

Bought a nice navy suit + shirt + tie+ dres shoes from kohls for 185 bucks when the original price was coming out to be 660 lol. 30% off kohls coupon + employee discount + clearance sale + gift card = I can't believe I got away with this deal