Is anyone applying/accepted to the Loma Linda Occupational Therapy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will work on starting a Facebook page! It will be called LLU MOT Class of 2017 (that is what all the previous FB groups are called)
Looking forward to it :) can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone figured out the actual cost for LLU's MOT program? I have an idea but don't know the accurate number yet. Im thinking about talking to them about it...

I just received my acceptance today after being placed on the waitlist. I can't even begin to express how excited and thankful I am to get this opportunity. I know others have talked about starting a Facebook page for the incoming class so I was just wondering if one has been started. If anyone can please let me know! Thanks and congrats to us!!!!

Congrats on your acceptance! I know how it feels to be on the wait list. How did they notify you? By mail or email? I've been checking my application status everyday but it still says on the alternate list. But I don't wanna give up hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance! I know how it feels to be on the wait list. How did they notify you? By mail or email? I've been checking my application status everyday but it still says on the alternate list. But I don't wanna give up hope!
Thank you!!!! I first received an email and a few days later I got my acceptance packet. I'm sure you could call Melinda and see if they've filled all the spots. Good luck!!!

To anyone still on the wait list... I e-mailed LLU today to let them know that I will be withdrawing. I have already made my deposit in January after receiving my acceptance letter. However, I have been accepted to another program and have decided to attend there instead. I hope this will help someone get off the wait list!! Good luck! :D

To anyone still on the wait list... I e-mailed LLU today to let them know that I will be withdrawing. I have already made my deposit in January after receiving my acceptance letter. However, I have been accepted to another program and have decided to attend there instead. I hope this will help someone get off the wait list!! Good luck! :D

I have done the same! I sent my email a few days ago so there should be two spots opening up! Good luck!

Hi guys! I am going to apply Loma Linda OT program this year.
I am wondering if I have any chance get in

Overall GPA:3.57
Prerequisite GPA:3.8
Over 150 volunteer hours

The reason why I wanna get in is because I am an international student. English is not my native language. I took GRE 4 times, but the scores were so bad that I don't think I can get in any other schools in CA.

Thank you !

I think you have a very good chance! Have you heard from the department about the second part of admissions?

Really? Thanks! No :( I haven’t heard from them. How about you?

Has anyone heard from LLU about the interview?
I am so worried cause i submitted my app in the late september but they received my recommendation in the early november. I called the admission, they said the late recommendations letter won’t affect my app.
But still wondering if anyone heard from LLU about the interview.

I am so worried cause i submitted my app in the late september but they received my recommendation in the early november. I called the admission, they said the late recommendations letter won’t affect my app.

I haven't heard anything yet for interviews or supplemental application. I heard from other forum they have supplemental app to move on to round 2. I turned in my application 10/01/14 and mailed in the OT Observation hour form and stuff 11/01/14. What about you? I am very worried too. Good luck!

I haven't heard anything back from LLU either, I submitted my app on October 1st, and submitted my observation forms and my transcript the following weeks. If you don't mind, but for those who applied for 2014-2015, what are your stats?

Hi what other forum did you see this from ? I haven't heard anything from them either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything back from LLU either, I submitted my app on October 1st, and submitted my observation forms and my transcript the following weeks. If you don't mind, but for those who applied for 2014-2015, what are your stats?

This is my status
Overall GPA:3.57
Prerequisite GPA:3.8
Over 150 volunteer hours

I had all necessary documents, including letters of reccommendation submitted by late September. I heard back from them regarding the video for the second phase during the last week of October.

I had all necessary documents, including letters of reccommendation submitted by late September. I heard back from them regarding the video for the second phase during the last week of October.
Hi do u mind telling me ur status?

It seems like they are averaging 1.5 - 2 months to get back to applicants for the video part. I finished submitting everything on Oct. 30th (way later than I had originally planned!). I hope all us late submitters hear something soon then!

It seems like they are averaging 1.5 - 2 months to get back to applicants for the video part. I finished submitting everything on Oct. 30th (way later than I had originally planned!). I hope all us late submitters hear something soon then!
Yea!! I hope we can hear from them soon!!

Hi do u mind telling me ur status?
Major: Communication Disorders
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
Volunteer Hours: 300+ hours (still volunteering at both facilities)
Extra-Cirricular: Internship with a speech-pathologists

Major: Communication Disorders
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
Volunteer Hours: 300+ hours (still volunteering at both facilities)
Extra-Cirricular: Internship with a speech-pathologists

that’s pretty good! good luck on your interview!!!
i hope i can hear from them soon!

To those people who haven’t heard from LLU,

I called to the OT department today and asked the process of application. They told me that the faculties haven’t finished reviewing all the applications. So it may take couple of weeks to hear from them.

The lady on the phone also helped me to check if my application has been reviewed or not. She told me that mine hasn’t been reviewed. So I guess for those people who worry about the application status could call them to check if your application get reviewed or not.

Good luck guys!!!!! Hope it helps you feel less stressed.

Hey guys!

Anyone hear anything yet? I submitted my app close to the deadline but I haven't heard anything and i'm starting to get a little worried.

I emailed them and they told me they are behind on reviewing application. They have 300 of them and will be contacting people in January. I submitted mine on Oct.1 the last day of priority and have yet to hear anything. So I'm in the same boat.

Same here. I finally called and Madge mentioned something about prioritizing applications to send to faculty members to review. I'm not quite sure what that means but I assume she does a preliminary look through the apps and prioritizes which ones she wants to send to the faculty members to look at first. She said they're very busy during the semester so it's hard for them to review apps when school is in session. She did say she would be sending mine out soon to be reviewed.

I'm wondering if anything ever changes on the application portal during this process? Like if the website will say anything about our apps being under review. Or if our app is reviewed and they decide not to invite us to participate in the video interviews, will it say anything on the portal? Anyone know?

hey guys,

I have been accepted for the upcoming class starting June 2015. I was wondering if there are any other people that have been accepted and would like to get connected through email or another way

@Reggae Love congrats!! when odd you complete your video? I just received an email telling me to complete the video interview!

@Reggae Love so you didn't have to do a in person interview? Just the video interview?
yea, I just submitted my application, they then sent me an email saying I made it to the second stage which was the video. I then got an email saying that I have been accepted and my official letter came in the mail a couple of days ago.

Nice, congrats! Hopefully, I get an email soon.....for the second stage. They told me they are behind on reviewing. >_<

I'm sorry to hear that FutureDoctorpt. Did you get in anywhere? What are you stats if you don't mind me asking? I hope to hear from LLU soon....I was told my application is currently under review by a faculty. >_<

Hi all,

I received an invitation for the 2nd part of the application via email on January 15 and when I called Loma Linda, they verified that they did make decision on my application and that I'll be receiving something in the mail soon. However, when I asked if that meant a rejection, they said, "not necessarily" and that they weren't able to disclose anything. I was just wondering if anyone had been waitlisted via mail or if potentially there is an interview? Thanks guys!

Hi @otschoolhopeful, have you read the other thread titled, "Who's applied to LLU mot program?" (sorry don't know how to insert the link). I'm not sure if you've checked the online portal yet, but a few of us found out from there that we are on the alternate list.

Hello @otschoolhopeful , Did you go to LLU for the interview? I never received 2nd part of the application via email. But I received an invitation on 2/07 for filming my own video to answer some questions they provided in the email. I guess it’s like video interview. I submitted the video on 2/12. They told me that it takes about 2~3 weeks to review it. They’re probably still reviewing all the applications.

I checked my status online, it hasn’t changed or written anything on my status yet.

Hi @Hope2BeOT ,

Thanks so much for the reply. I actually just found that forum a few minutes ago and did read that, but in re-checking my application online, I didn't see any notification of me being on the alternate list. I wonder if I'm searching in the correct place though..did you find out that you were on the alternate list in the application summary?

yea, I just submitted my application, they then sent me an email saying I made it to the second stage which was the video. I then got an email saying that I have been accepted and my official letter came in the mail a couple of days ago.

Hi @Reggae Love ,
Do you remember how long you’ve waited between the date you submitted your video and the date you received your official letter of acceptance?

Hi @Sanya Wu
Sorry if I wasn't being clear! I did receive the invitation to complete the video and submitted it 1/25 but I have yet to hear back :( I called today and they've made a decision, but told me I'll be receiving it in the mail. I'm hoping that those on the alternate list will be alerted through the mail as well, but it looks like there should also be a notification in the LLU portal if you had been waitlisted. I think it's safe to say I'll have to try again next year

Hi @Hope2BeOT ,

Thanks so much for the reply. I actually just found that forum a few minutes ago and did read that, but in re-checking my application online, I didn't see any notification of me being on the alternate list. I wonder if I'm searching in the correct place though..did you find out that you were on the alternate list in the application summary?

Yes, when I log into the portal and click on "application status," it says "You are on the alternate list" at the top. I also received an email late last night. I believe they just made their decisions though so I'm guessing it might take a while to process all of the files.

@otschoolhopeful I turned in my video on jan 25th as well. Still have not received any updates. Just checked my portal nothing there either. Ahh I am getting so anxious and nervous. I talked to crystal two weeks ago she told me to they'll make a decision within two weeks . Not sure if I should bug her again ....​

@Starlight88 Haha I just called to bug her earlier today :p she said that I'll be receiving something in the mail in 3 days or so, but were pretty aloof about what that notification would entail. I think it would be a good idea, just to quiet the mind :)

Hi @Reggae Love ,
Do you remember how long you’ve waited between the date you submitted your video and the date you received your official letter of acceptance?
I got my acceptance via email in December and my Official Letter in January (submitted my video late November). I am also not from California and I don't know if that made that much of a difference.

@Starlight88 Haha I just called to bug her earlier today :p she said that I'll be receiving something in the mail in 3 days or so, but were pretty aloof about what that notification would entail. I think it would be a good idea, just to quiet the mind :)
Any newss? I emailed them and they sent letters out Thursday, letters doesn't sound good to me :( but best of luck!

@Starlight88 yes, unfortunately I didn't get accepted :/ I received my notice on Friday, the 27th. Did you happen to check your application status via the app portal? For some, people were told there that they were on the waitlist

MPR123
New
Hi anyone familiar with LLU and the area? I got accepted and want to know the living expenses and how are students paying for the program?

MPR123
New
Hi anyone familiar with LLU and the area? I got accepted and want to know the living expenses and how are students paying for the program?

Hi MPR123,

I applied also, waiting for a reply. Did you get your acceptance via email today?

Hi MPR123,

I applied also, waiting for a reply. Did you get your acceptance via email today?
Hi jel92,

I got my acceptance last Tuesday via email. I read a couple of applicants have been accepted this week too. I think they are still in the process, good luck!

Hi jel92,

I got my acceptance last Tuesday via email. I read a couple of applicants have been accepted this week too. I think they are still in the process, good luck!

Thank you! Crossing my fingers..