Is anyone applying/accepted to the Loma Linda Occupational Therapy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those of you that got accepted!! :) I was just wondering what were your GPA's and volunteer hours?

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out I got in as well!:) My status on the LLU login did not change, I had to wait to receive a letter in the mail.

A question to all who got accepted/ on the wait list.... are you going to accept the spot?? I am really wrestling with the amount of money for the program. My top choice was CSUDH, due to price, but I did not get in. LLU would be the opportunity of a lifetime! But the thought of my student loans ( I have 30,000 from undergrad) make me want to puke! I'm also considering doing a Special Ed teaching credential/masters program instead.

Any advice?

I just received my acceptance letter in the mail! Good luck to everyone else!:]

Members don't see this ad :)
I just found out I got in as well!:) My status on the LLU login did not change, I had to wait to receive a letter in the mail.

A question to all who got accepted/ on the wait list.... are you going to accept the spot?? I am really wrestling with the amount of money for the program. My top choice was CSUDH, due to price, but I did not get in. LLU would be the opportunity of a lifetime! But the thought of my student loans ( I have 30,000 from undergrad) make me want to puke! I'm also considering doing a Special Ed teaching credential/masters program instead.

Any advice?

I am on the wait-list and if I get accepted I will definitely take the spot. I have been waiting long enough to get into a MOT program. Of course tuition is expensive but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Or at least I hope that schools loans won't feel like a huge hurden. In my case, this is my 3rd year applying to grad school, so any school that accepts me will be where I go. If I was you, I would only consider applying to csudh if you have a really good student record. Btw what was your GPA, volunteer hours and GRE?

Congrats to those of you that got accepted!! :) I was just wondering what were your GPA's and volunteer hours?
To lblulu: My GPA was around 3.3 and I did a little over 100 hours of OT volunteer work in a hospital setting. Good luck to you! *Cross your fingers!

Congrats to those who got accepted for this upcoming summer session!

I'm quite excited to start in June and meeting the rest of my class:] Would anyone be interested in creating or being in a Facebook group? I just didn't want to be the only one haha. And for those of you who are planning to go to LLU, would you guys be dorming or living in an apt?

YAY FOR CLASS OF 2016!!

Is there anyone else who hasn't heard yet? It seems like most people have either gotten an acceptance/rejection letter, or have found out they're waitlisted from the LLU website. I haven't heard anything, though. For those of you who have been accepted, are you all planning on attending? Congrats again!

Hey laydee! I just accepted my spot to the program, I would definitely be interested in doing a Facebook group!:) I'm planning on living at home...I'm about 45 minutes from LLU, hopefully traffic won't be too much of a killer :/

I am also interested in the facebook group. I will be living with my parents while I figure out my living situation. Let me know how to search for the group :)

I just received my acceptance letter! Has a facebook group been created? Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey laydee! I just accepted my spot to the program, I would definitely be interested in doing a Facebook group!:) I'm planning on living at home...I'm about 45 minutes from LLU, hopefully traffic won't be too much of a killer :/

I'm glad you decided to attend! :)

Hello! I'm going to make a Facebook page for the new incoming MOT class of 2016!! However, I will need people to add in order to make a group haha! If you are part of the new incoming class and are interested in joining the group please message me with your contact info so that I could find and add you on FB.

Thanks! And congrats to the incoming class of 2016! I'm excited to meet all of you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm going to make a Facebook page for the new incoming MOT class of 2016!! However, I will need people to add in order to make a group haha! If you are part of the new incoming class and are interested in joining the group please message me with your contact info so that I could find and add you on FB.

Thanks! And congrats to the incoming class of 2016! I'm excited to meet all of you :)
Hi ILOVEOT!
I have already started the fb group for our class of 2016 & it currently has some members in them:] I will message you the link! If anyone else is interested, let me know:]

Hi Laydee!
I'm interested in the facebook group. I was accepted about 6 weeks ago. I'm really excited to start and meet all of you! :)

Not that I have heard of. I think I am still on the list. I heard that they were making another decisions last Friday so maybe we will hear back soon! :)

i got a final rejection letter on April 19. They sent the letter on April 17th.

Hello,
I am preparing for an interview for the LLU OT program. I am incredibly excited! I'm wondering what to expect and what types of questions will be asked. Any advice would be much appreciated!:)

I am waiting to hear from Loma Linda on whether I will have an interview or not. How long did everyone have to wait to get a call for one?

Hello,
I turned in my app. mid September and found out I had an interview mid October. I suggest calling the dept and checking on it. They are very nice:) good luck!

Congrats @WalkInLove I will definitely do that on Monday! How did your interview go?? I'm nervous about applying to OT schools, excited, but nervous, after I have heard how competitive it is.

Hey!
Do you know who you're interviewing with?
My interviewer was WONDERFUL. She made me feel completely relaxed, as if we were just having a regular conversation. I was really nervous, but she took a lot of the pressure off as soon as I walked in :)

[took off interview Qs -- if anyone needs them, private message me]
Hi there! Can you let me know behavioral based interview questions for LLU interview and written assessment?
Thanks! =) I really appreciate it.

I had my interview more than a week ago. I was wondering if any of you guys have an idea when Loma Linda sends out acceptance letters? I know it might be some time from now but just feeling anxious already!

Anyone here got an interview for OT yet? The deadline was Nov 1st. How long is the wait?

Anyone here got an interview for OT yet? The deadline was Nov 1st. How long is the wait?
I submitted my app the last week of October and received a call about a week after to go in for an interview. I had my interview early November.

Congrats! I haven't heard anything back :( are you out of state?

Congrats! I haven't heard anything back :( are you out of state?
Thank you! But I'm still nervously waiting to hear back. I know it will probably be some time from now :( Don't lose hope! I hear people go in for interviews even during late winter/early spring. And no, I live about an hour away from LLU.

Thank you! But I'm still nervously waiting to hear back. I know it will probably be some time from now :( Don't lose hope! I hear people go in for interviews even during late winter/early spring. And no, I live about an hour away from LLU.

I live 2hrs away from LLU. How many do they usually take in? Did you apply to other schools?

I am waiting to hear from Loma Linda on whether I will have an interview or not. How long did everyone have to wait to get a call for one?
Hi Jaclyn123, i am also waiting for a call for interview. When did you submit your application? I am so worried. I see others have already been interviewed. :-(

Hello, can anyone give me some tips on the interview? what are the questions like?

Question here: LLU is a super expensive 3 year program, right? To those of you that are going to attend, what are your plans for paying back the loans+interest after graduating?

I received my acceptance letter about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or anything for the cohort?
Yes, @JackieJackie777 it's pretty expensive. I am not sure if I will attend LLU or a different program in San Diego. I wish the programs in CA were a little less expensive.

I was placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know how soon we will hear from them for their final decision?

I was placed on the alternate list. Does anyone know how soon we will hear from them for their final decision?
Last year people received final decision at the end of April. Did u also receive email from LLU?

I
Last year people received final decision at the end of April. Did u also receive email from LLU?

I don't receive anything yet...... I should email or call to find out

Last edited:
Hey, I receive my acceptance letter on the 14 of January. I am in the same boat, the cost of this program is driving me away from the idea. But I have accepted by faith. Did anyone start a Facebook page yet please? I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting. :) I've check my mail box almost every day after my interview. lol

Hey, wanted to ask is there anyone looking for a roommate ?? I don't live in CA trying to get my living arrangements situated please let me know.:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I receive my acceptance letter on the 14 of January. I am in the same boat, the cost of this program is driving me away from the idea. But I have accepted by faith. Did anyone start a Facebook page yet please? I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting. :) I've check my mail box almost every day after my interview. lol
I want to get a Facebook group going for our incoming class of 2017 as well! Has anyone found a Facebook group?

Hey!
Do you know who you're interviewing with?
My interviewer was WONDERFUL. She made me feel completely relaxed, as if we were just having a regular conversation. I was really nervous, but she took a lot of the pressure off as soon as I walked in :)

[took off interview Qs -- if anyone needs them, private message me]

Hello! I was wondering if you can let me know what questions they asked you and the essay question. THANK YOU!!

I just received my acceptance today after being placed on the waitlist. I can't even begin to express how excited and thankful I am to get this opportunity. I know others have talked about starting a Facebook page for the incoming class so I was just wondering if one has been started. If anyone can please let me know! Thanks and congrats to us!!!!

I just received my acceptance today after being placed on the waitlist. I can't even begin to express how excited and thankful I am to get this opportunity. I know others have talked about starting a Facebook page for the incoming class so I was just wondering if one has been started. If anyone can please let me know! Thanks and congrats to us!!!!
Congrats Ashham!