is anybody taking Part 1 exam in May/June ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kisukr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if any taking NDBE part 1 exam in may/june, so that we can discuss some topics.

Thanks
Kishore

Members don't see this ad.

yes, mine is third week of June. Going over microbi, my weakest subject. Just don't get it, it's like reading a freaken foreign language over and over again and not getting it. It's just driving me CRAZY. WHEN IS yours?

yes in late june in toronto, and i have similar problem in micro (my weakest part:(

I just got the microbi book, ridiculously simple one, I know it's late in the game but the dental decks are really not helping, neither is the first aid. The info is so disjointed. I hope to read the whole book, hopefully then something will stick. It's over 300 pages, but it looks like an easy read, so I'll give it a go. My background is in arts so I need to read more extensively to get the whole picture.

What are you guys working on now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I read 110 pages of the microbiology book yesterday, was hoping to get 150 done but I'm a pretty slow reader. Had to work this morning so hoping to read another 100 pages today. It really has helped to read this book, I actually feel like there is hope when it comes to understanding this stuff. This book makes what normally would seem really dry, actually interesting. I just wish the names of the gram negative bugs were not so long and weird, somehow it's easier for me to remember the gram positive bacteria and viruses. :laugh:

Hope everyone else is getting some good studying done.

Well, I read 110 pages of the microbiology book yesterday, was hoping to get 150 done but I'm a pretty slow reader. Had to work this morning so hoping to read another 100 pages today. It really has helped to read this book, I actually feel like there is hope when it comes to understanding this stuff. This book makes what normally would seem really dry, actually interesting. I just wish the names of the gram negative bugs were not so long and weird, somehow it's easier for me to remember the gram positive bacteria and viruses. :laugh:

Hope everyone else is getting some good studying done.
When are you taking your test Huggies??
How many hours did you take in reading the 110 pages you read in the Microbiology book??

My exam is 3rs week of June. It took me about 7-8hrs to read the 110 pages. Mind you there is a lot of diagrams, and tables that need to be memorized after the fact, which I haven't done yet. I'm about 70% done reading the book, it has some chapters that we don't need to know as extensively (tons of info on antimicrobials meds and antibiotics. I will go over the main antibiotics though.

Last edited:
Just finished reading the book, talk about information overload, :scared: but I'm glad I did. Now I'll do some tests to see what the focus is on and what to memorize more.

what is everyone else up to? Is anyone else writing the exam in June? "Ninety" what are you studying now?

Thank you very much for your info Huggies.
Wow you are really close to your deadline already !!! I wish you the best :)

I think I am reading in a slower pace than you do, I like to memorize the things as soon is I am reading them for the first time.... I should try the way you are doing, reading first the whole chapter to get a better picture, and then memorize the key parts.

I am reading metabolism of carbohydrates, lípids and AA.

Take care and thanks again
icon14.gif

I want to take it in July, but I am still waiting for my confirmation e-mail. I hope I am still on time when I receive it.

What book where you reading Huggies?? I am reading the Kaplan lecture notes.

For microbiology I read the clinical micro made ridiculously simple. I have the decks, NDBE1 first aid by Kaplan, and USMLE first aid. I didn't get the Kaplan notes, instead I also got the full set of organ system USMLE books (4 volumes)

I just did couple exams, I'm not happy w/ my results, I keep getting around 75%. I keep making stupid mistakes, for things I know well. For the entire exam it easily adds up to 5-10 lost marks. This is my weakest subject, so I want to get to 85%, b/c on the exam w/ the stress and all, I'll probably end up w/ 80%, which would be great.

CADSES4, have you gone over everything already? how are you finding biochem, I read on here that Kaplan notes are not the best for that section, and you may want to supplement w/ something else.

I have 2 more exams to do, and will start anatomy next. I went over it already, but now have to start memorizing more. I may read over immunology tonight again, and every night when I'm really tired, just review some of the microbiology tables.

Just told my husband to stop reminding me of how many days I have left, b/c it's just freaking me out. :laugh: I have to get over 90 on this exam or all this work went for nothing. :eek:

For microbiology I read the clinical micro made ridiculously simple. I have the decks, NDBE1 first aid by Kaplan, and USMLE first aid. I didn't get the Kaplan notes, instead I also got the full set of organ system USMLE books (4 volumes)

I just did couple exams, I'm not happy w/ my results, I keep getting around 75%. I keep making stupid mistakes, for things I know well. For the entire exam it easily adds up to 5-10 lost marks. This is my weakest subject, so I want to get to 85%, b/c on the exam w/ the stress and all, I'll probably end up w/ 80%, which would be great.

CADSES4, have you gone over everything already? how are you finding biochem, I read on here that Kaplan notes are not the best for that section, and you may want to supplement w/ something else.

I have 2 more exams to do, and will start anatomy next. I went over it already, but now have to start memorizing more. I may read over immunology tonight again, and every night when I'm really tired, just review some of the microbiology tables.

Just told my husband to stop reminding me of how many days I have left, b/c it's just freaking me out. :laugh: I have to get over 90 on this exam or all this work went for nothing. :eek:

hey huggies, all the best fr ur xam.
im planning to tke the xam in mid july n i dnt think im prepared fr it...
frm where r u doing xams? n fr anatomy wht book u gonna refer?
im nt in a good shape fr my xam in july..all screwed up..till nw only dne wth da/dh, biochem, immuno...god bless me..
few like you to give me few study tips ...if u have time..

hi huggies, sorry to be late

i did micro from 1st aid (mainly) and read extra things from decks, but when i did one of the asda exams i got 58% (including immunology which actually raised my grade)

so now i am reading kaplan notes since it is more extensive and explaing everything in much details (it actually encodes heavily condesed info in 1st aid/decks)

once i finish i will retake the same exam and see how much i have improved, hopefully=)

Hi everyone,

I am new here and looking forward to talk to all of u :)

I am taking the exam on June 16th and I just started studying 10 days ago and I am really worried that the period is too short to get me a high score :(

anyway, I was wondering how do you guys practice the past exams and get a score? do you calculate it? :confused:
and how many are there? or I mean how many exams do you usually do?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
GoyalD..., I'm using the ADA released exam I bought them on line for about $300 through their website. You absolutely have to do some to get an ides of what they're looking for. I'm doing anatomy now, using the Kaplan first aid NBDE step 1 and netter's atlas. I've gone over it once and marked all the pages, so it's easy to refer to things now. Just keep on reviewing, first time around it takes a long time, but w/ each time you get faster.

Ninety, don't get discouraged. I got 64% first time I did the micro tests too. Unfortunately for this section, you either know it or you don't. That's why I got the microbi book, b/c I just wasn't getting it, and it seemed like I would never memorize the amount of info. It presented the info in a much more interesting way. I'm just like that, I need to be entertained, when I'm reading something, and this book has some funny pictures. Read the Kaplan notes, you will find that learning more detail about things will make the simple things easier to remember.

xactreality, you don't have that much time, I hope your basic understanding is good, I've been studying for the last 4mo, and still feel totally unprepared, but my background is weak, and I've been out of school for 5yrs. Whatever it's worth, it will be a good experience for you, I'm sure you should be able to pass if you study hard, just depends how high of a score you want to obtain.

Let's keep on studying.

Huggies, I already went through all the decks once and now I am working in the Kaplan lecture notes. My weakest area are Biochemistry and Physiology, I don't know why, I would love to enjoy them more, but right now it's not happening :) I will keep working there. Thanks for giving me the idea about reading the First Aid, I will try to combine them to find out what works the best for me.
Don't get frustrated when you don't get the score you want in your Microbiology released exams in for first or second attempt, just try to memorize them. Repeat them as many times as you can and they will stick in to your mind :) Don't give up, you can do it right, practice makes perfection :xf:
I took my weekend easy, it means I didn't study, I had things I wanted to accomplish and I am happy I did it, now I have charged my batteries for tomorrow morning !!!
Hope everybody has a great and productive week
icon14.gif

you guys are doing great.I find it so difficult to concentrate.Can do it max say 15 mins.then start to day dream.Any ideas so that i can spent more time concentrating?

you guys are doing great.I find it so difficult to concentrate.Can do it max say 15 mins.then start to day dream.Any ideas so that i can spent more time concentrating?

I had the same problem when I first started studying, but now find it a bit easier. I study for an hour and take 10-15mins off, but sometimes I get so engrossed in what I'm reading that before I know it 4hrs went by. But that's rear, and more often my mind wanders too. What are your distractions, is it the place where you're studying? My office is pretty quite and I keep it clean, just makes me feel better, sometimes I have a fan going, b/c I find that the room is TOO quite. And there are day when I just can't focus, so I change rooms, or just take more frequent breaks. You'll find that with new material you get overwhelmed pretty quickly, so more frequent breaks help, or switching to a different topic. If there is a subject you don't like, don't read it at night when you're tired, do it first thing in the morning when you're more refreshed. Also going for a run sometimes helps too, even if it's just for 15min. You just have to keep going.

Well, just did about 40% of anatomy, it's hard to momorize things, but it's definitely coming back to me. I'll be doing more of the same tomorrow. I was supposed to go over microbi tables tonight, but will try tomorrow. I'm planning to get up 6am and get extra hrs of study, usually I don't start until 8. I have 2 small kids so weekends are not that productive for me, but if I get up earlier it may help (though I HATE getting up early :(

Oh, cadses4, I felt the same way about biochem/physio initially, and decided to attack it first. It's really important that you understand it well, b/c it really helps w/ path later. If one source doesn't do it for you, try something else. I read the USMLE organ system volume (it's very extensive, about 300pages for the two topics) but after reading it, I really got it, it just made sense. If you find this area hard, decks are not enough, they're just too disjointed. So read the Kaplan notes, it should help. If you understand it, it's really easy to remember it. :xf:

you will find that learning more detail about things will make the simple things easier to remember.

Let's keep on studying.
exactly, i am almost done with kaplan note (micro part) and found the same info in 1st aid but much more detailed

the best thing you are doing in anatomy is using Netter atlas, the best anatomy atlas ever

since memorizing and maintaing all of anayomy details are impossible but visualizing the whole picture is the best way by which you study anatomy

exactly, i am almost done with kaplan note (micro part) and found the same info in 1st aid but much more detailed

the best thing you are doing in anatomy is using Netter atlas, the best anatomy atlas ever

since memorizing and maintaing all of anayomy details are impossible but visualizing the whole picture is the best way by which you study anatomy

I agree about netter being great, the only thing I find hard is sometimes finding all the structures I'm looking for, but like I said first time around I marked the pages where everything was in the atlas. Are you feeling better now about micro? Hopefully yes, do another exam and see if you improve. What are you doing next?

I managed to get up at 7 this morning (snoozed it for an HOUR), but it's a start. The morning was not that productive since my husband was working and I had to look after the kids, but I'm planning to cont to do anatomy until 11pm. Tomorrow I have dedicated the whole day to anat too, but if I'm done tonight, I may go over the decks, and do couple exams.

How is everybody else doing?:)

Huggies.. hey thnks, i have the asda papers...Il start doing them..

im doing embryology today..ada says 2 questions frm general embryology, but its too vast..
frm which book is everyone reading it frm?
are we suppose to know each n every minute detail...:scared:

Huggies.. hey thnks, i have the asda papers...Il start doing them..

im doing embryology today..ada says 2 questions frm general embryology, but its too vast..
frm which book is everyone reading it frm?
are we suppose to know each n every minute detail...:scared:

I know what you mean, it's so much detail, my book has about 30 pages on embryology, I will read it all (Kaplan first aid), and memorize all the relevant staff for dentistry, tongue, teeth etc. I'll see what they ask on exams too, can't remember now.

Gosh, I'm getting so tired of anatomy, I hate the nerves especially, and all the plexus, it's going so slowly. I should switch to something else, but I just want to finish, plus microbi which I should be reviewing doesn't sound that much more appealing either. :eek:

I know what you mean, it's so much detail, my book has about 30 pages on embryology, I will read it all (Kaplan first aid), and memorize all the relevant staff for dentistry, tongue, teeth etc. I'll see what they ask on exams too, can't remember now.

Gosh, I'm getting so tired of anatomy, I hate the nerves especially, and all the plexus, it's going so slowly. I should switch to something else, but I just want to finish, plus microbi which I should be reviewing doesn't sound that much more appealing either. :eek:

Huggies: thts what I did, read all the pages frm kaplan aid but concentrating more on tongue, thymus, teeth develpoment, and derivatives of arches, pouches, and clefts...as well as meso, endo, ecto derivatives.
i totally agree wth u , anatomy makes u go:scared:...good luck!

I agree about netter being great, the only thing I find hard is sometimes finding all the structures I'm looking for, but like I said first time around I marked the pages where everything was in the atlas. Are you feeling better now about micro? Hopefully yes, do another exam and see if you improve. What are you doing next?

I managed to get up at 7 this morning (snoozed it for an HOUR), but it's a start. The morning was not that productive since my husband was working and I had to look after the kids, but I'm planning to cont to do anatomy until 11pm. Tomorrow I have dedicated the whole day to anat too, but if I'm done tonight, I may go over the decks, and do couple exams.

How is everybody else doing?:)

Hello everybody !!!
I am still working in Bioch/Physiol... but I am tempted to switch to Anatomy, everybody is in anatomy now jejeje
I studied today from the Kaplan lecture notes, it is working for my now. I am happy that things are working out.
There is something that has been working with me for the past three weeks, I have been exercising every other day for 50 minutes before starting my study day, in the morning. I wasn't sure if it was going to work because I had been without exercising for almost a year, but somebody told me that it might help me; I am happy I tried, I have more energy by the end of the day :)
Hope everybody is doing great !!!
icon14.gif

Hello everybody !!!
I am still working in Bioch/Physiol... but I am tempted to switch to Anatomy, everybody is in anatomy now jejeje
I studied today from the Kaplan lecture notes, it is working for my now. I am happy that things are working out.
There is something that has been working with me for the past three weeks, I have been exercising every other day for 50 minutes before starting my study day, in the morning. I wasn't sure if it was going to work because I had been without exercising for almost a year, but somebody told me that it might help me; I am happy I tried, I have more energy by the end of the day :)
Hope everybody is doing great !!!
icon14.gif

Good for you CADS, I'm glad your studying is going well, and you are focused. Exercising first thing in the morning is fantastic, it really gets you going. I always go for a 30min run (...ok, fast walk). The fresh air is great, I'm sure all the extra oxygen to my brain helps. I haven't done it last week, b/c my dog died, and I always went with her, so it was really hard to do it with out her, as you can imagine. This morning I just walked around my property (I live on an acreage), but it's not enough to get my heart pumping, so starting tomorrow, I will bring my iPod w/ me, just to get my mind off of my dog.

As for my studying, it didn't go that well....actually, I feel much better about my knowledge of the head/neck and upper limb, but it took so much longer than I expected. Tomorrow I have to do the thorax/abdomen, and I still have neuroanatomy left. Hopefully it will go faster, since a lot of it, I covered in physio. section.

Well, I'm done for the day, it's 10:30, and I'm pooped. :laugh: Will start tomorrow again, and again I'll try to get up at 6. I'm more determined this time. The kids will be in daycare, so no reason not to have a great productive day.

Let's keep going. :thumbup:
:sleep:

Gosh, I'm getting so tired of anatomy, I hate the nerves especially, and all the plexus, it's going so slowly.
dont panic... this is not unusual
neuroanatomy takes long time to be understood fully... it took me 3-4 days (too much, more than enough) to finish it since it is hard and i am a slow reader
any way, after micro i am going to read the last part of anatomy related to teeth histo, embryology, and tmj and i am writing now from the airport while on my way to toronto:thumbup:

dont panic... this is not unusual
neuroanatomy takes long time to be understood fully... it took me 3-4 days (too much, more than enough) to finish it since it is hard and i am a slow reader
any way, after micro i am going to read the last part of anatomy related to teeth histo, embryology, and tmj and i am writing now from the airport while on my way to toronto:thumbup:

hey, where are you coming from? We usually visit family in Toronto this time of the year, but are postponing it b/c of the exam.

Got up at 6:30 this morning,, getting better:laugh:. Had to cut my walk/run to 20 min b/c my shoes were killing me. I don't know what's wrong w/ them. I've had them for over 7yrs, and they were always fine (I know what you're thinking, time for them to go, but I didn't wear them much for most of that time, it's either the shoes, the sox or my feet, which are killing me now.

Well on to anatomy...the THORAX.:xf:

I find it amazing how much "new" info I learn by reading the material second time. Like the arcuate line above which rectus abdominus is covered by both ant AND post rectus sheath, and below which you only get ant rectus sheath.
I didn't get it the first time around. :idea:

Hey guys,

what schools r u guys from? sorry if u said it already, I am reading too much for the board that I cant read anything else. I am taking in on June 1st... so I shouldnt really be here, I think I am just here to avoid studying, haha

I didnt find the decks that helpful either but u got to go through them once and the 1st aid. But the best thing is doing as much Qs as you. So these 2 wks I am just doing Qs.

GOOD LUCK!

anatomy is going to slow..I feel like hitting it so hard:mad:....
hey guys im having this serious problem, daily by this time, around 10pm , my heart starts sinking, I start getting nervous, n tensed..Im nt even half way thru..n have to take the xam in july...

I don't find the decks that good either, I guess they hit some of the most important points, but they have huge gaps, and no info continuation. It's good supplemental info, but for me that's it. Oh, I'm from Canada, so I went to school here.

GoyalD, I know what you mean about freaking out, for me it happens usually around 2pm, I feel like the day is more than half gone, kids are coming home soon, and there is so much more to study. Also I focus better in the morning, so my time goes by sooo quickly and I feel like I haven't done enough. Just a strange time perception. I'm freaking out too, feel like there isn't enough time, and I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING. Like now I went over the anatomy of the GI, and I can't remember the enzymes at all from physio:eek: I just keep reminding myself, that I will still be reviewing more, and each time it will go faster and more will stick.

I finished anatmy :soexcited::clap:, but still have 30pages left from neuroanatomy:wow:. Tomorrow I'm working.... is anybody here also working or is it just me?? Luckily I found someone to cover couple of my days, so I'm only doing 2days/wk. Gosh, I could really use those extra days. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should get up at 5am, that extra hour, would easily add up to couple long days of studying. I'm just worrying that I'd be too tired. I don't wanna burn myself out. But I'm really getting anxious, I'm reading all the time, even when I go to the bathroom.

Well, my break is over, want to read 10 pages of neuro tonight. Good luck to you all, don't stay up too late.

Hey higgies good to know tht u r done with anatomy...I was speaking to one of the dental students, he gave boards last year, He said, be thorough with head and neck, skull anatomy, cranial nerves(their foramnen), know tmj really well.
I did not get much study done today, was working in lab,I am in a masters program, have taken summer off, but had few experiments to do.
Now I am back to anatomy..:idea:

Good luck to all! and huggies try gettn sleep for 6-7 hours:)

GoyalD14, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one working here. I had a slow day today, which I was happy to see, b/c in b/w patients I managed to read 1 chapter of Okeson. Boy, I really don't know my TMJ well, I thought I understood it, but I was clearly overestimating my knowledge here. I would strongly recommend this book, if you're finding the info challenging.

Tonight, I'll read more of neuroanatomy. I'm finding that the Kaplan first aid, doesn't have enough diagrams to illustrate all the pathways. USMLE full volume, is much better. I realize that we probably don't need to know that much detail, but it helps me to remember things. So I'll be using that tonight too.

I agree w/ the 6-7hrs of sleep, that's a minimum for me to function well. I got up an hour earlier today and read a bit too.

GoyalD14, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one working here. I had a slow day today, which I was happy to see, b/c in b/w patients I managed to read 1 chapter of Okeson. Boy, I really don't know my TMJ well, I thought I understood it, but I was clearly overestimating my knowledge here. I would strongly recommend this book, if you're finding the info challenging.

Tonight, I'll read more of neuroanatomy. I'm finding that the Kaplan first aid, doesn't have enough diagrams to illustrate all the pathways. USMLE full volume, is much better. I realize that we probably don't need to know that much detail, but it helps me to remember things. So I'll be using that tonight too.

I agree w/ the 6-7hrs of sleep, that's a minimum for me to function well. I got up an hour earlier today and read a bit too.

usmle full volume?? whr did u get it from?
ive read okeson once, but only frst 2-3 chp, need to start reading it again.
good luck!

usmle full volume?? whr did u get it from?
ive read okeson once, but only frst 2-3 chp, need to start reading it again.
good luck!

It's the organ system USMLE, it's 4 books, each one about 700 pages, I got it on ebay, they can be pretty pricey, I've seen them for $500, but i got my older edition for $150 (I figured that they can only discover penicillin once). It's very detailed, but I liked it for some sections like biochem and physio.

Hello everybody,
Ehh Huggies, I am happy to hear that you finished Anatomy, congratulations !!!
I think all of us get a little bit nervous and stressed now that the test is getting closer and closer. We can do it, we are getting ready to do great in the test :)
I finished Biochem and plan to start Physiology tomorrow , yeah !!!

I completely agree about sleeping seven hours. Two days ago I didn't sleep enough, big mistake, yesterday wasn't as productive day as I wanted; I was able to study but I felt tired throughout my day. On the other hand, last night I slept very well, and today was a very productive day.

Have a great day tomorrow
icon14.gif

Hello everybody,
Ehh Huggies, I am happy to hear that you finished Anatomy, congratulations !!!
I think all of us get a little bit nervous and stressed now that the test is getting closer and closer. We can do it, we are getting ready to do great in the test :)
I finished Biochem and plan to start Physiology tomorrow , yeah !!!

I completely agree about sleeping seven hours. Two days ago I didn't sleep enough, big mistake, yesterday wasn't as productive day as I wanted; I was able to study but I felt tired throughout my day. On the other hand, last night I slept very well, and today was a very productive day.

Have a great day tomorrow
icon14.gif

Good for you about finishing biochem. How do you feel about it. First couple times I went over it, I thought it was soooo difficult, but the last time I read it, I actually thought it was not too bad. Maybe I'll feel the same about microbi, after I read it 10 MORE TIMES, :laugh:. Neuroanatomy is not going as well, read 10 more pages tonight, lots of distractions, but I didn't retain anything...something about nerves...and nuclei...and some muscles:sleep: Oh well, I may have to read it over again later, I just find the questions on exams very easy for this section, so I don't want to spend too much time memorizing this staff. I'll finish it tomorrow morning when I'm more rested, I can barely see now.

Tomorrow I'm starting histology, thank goodness, it's a short section...well, at least shorter than anatomy.

Let's all focus on sleeping now:)

there is lots of people reading this thread, so maybe someone can answer these.
naturally I'm getting royally stressed over this exam. What am I going to wear, I don't want to be too hot, or cold, or have itchy socks. If I want to take my sweater off, will that be an irregularity and my score voided????:eek:
I'm getting paranoid now.
What about the room, will I be there alone, or w/ somebody else... what if they make too much noise and are distracting me, what if I need to go to the bathroom, do I ring a bell or something?? will somebody go w/ me? what if I get a headache, will I be able to take some tylanol, or will they think I'm taking some uncontrolled substance ....and void my score:scared:

What am I going to do for lunch, w/ my luck I'll go outside and get hit by a car...and not finish my exam.....and GET MY SCORES VOIDED.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Alright, I'm tired, and some of the questions are legitimate.
Desperately need SLEEP now. On a serious note, I am setting multiple alarm clocks that morning ....just in case.:D

How is everybody doing today. Half a day gone already. I finished reading neuroanatomy this morning, really didn't like it. I'll go over it more after I do some exams just to see what the focus is on. Spent over an hour last night obsessing over corneal reflex. Couldn't find any good info that explained it well. Finally got it, I bet there won't be a single question on it

Now doing histology, initially was really excited to see how short the section was, but of course didn't realize that there is also oral histo and embryology, ... gosh there is no end to my misery. :bang:
But so far histo is going well, seems rather straight forward, pretty sure will be done w/ it today, and start oral histo this evening. I still have tomorrow dedicated to histo, so I'm doing ok w/ time. How is everybody else?

How is everybody doing today. Half a day gone already. I finished reading neuroanatomy this morning, really didn't like it. I'll go over it more after I do some exams just to see what the focus is on. Spent over an hour last night obsessing over corneal reflex. Couldn't find any good info that explained it well. Finally got it, I bet there won't be a single question on it

Now doing histology, initially was really excited to see how short the section was, but of course didn't realize that there is also oral histo and embryology, ... gosh there is no end to my misery. :bang:
But so far histo is going well, seems rather straight forward, pretty sure will be done w/ it today, and start oral histo this evening. I still have tomorrow dedicated to histo, so I'm doing ok w/ time. How is everybody else?
hay which bokk are you using for histology,and oral histology?

For histo I'm using the nbde part1 first aid by Kaplan.

Anyways, had a bad evening last night, after finishing histo, did couple exams, and did TERRIBLE. I was so upset. When I went over all the questions I missed, all the info is right there in the book. I should be scoring close to 90% and instead I'm getting 60-70%. I'm just devastated. I've always done so well in anatomy, but find these questions sooo weird, the way they're presented, and it doesn't help that the options for each questions are usually so similar, you start doubting yourself and overthinking it. Clearly I'm going to have to review at least 2-3 more times, for this section you just have to know it really well (not just recognition)

What annoys me too, is that I read and clatter my mind w/ ALL this detailed info, and most of the questions are only testing very basic staff, which I don't remember b/c I've spent too much time on the little things.

Oh, I'm pretty upset right now.
Hopefully you're all having better time studying.:(

Anyways, had a bad evening last night, after finishing histo, did couple exams, and did TERRIBLE. I was so upset. When I went over all the questions I missed, all the info is right there in the book. I should be scoring close to 90% and instead I'm getting 60-70%. I'm just devastated. I've always done so well in anatomy, but find these questions sooo weird, the way they're presented, and it doesn't help that the options for each questions are usually so similar, you start doubting yourself and overthinking it. Clearly I'm going to have to review at least 2-3 more times, for this section you just have to know it really well (not just recognition)

What annoys me too, is that I read and clatter my mind w/ ALL this detailed info, and most of the questions are only testing very basic staff, which I don't remember b/c I've spent too much time on the little things.

Hello everybody,

I think all of us have had great days when we feel super energetic and unstoppable (I love those days
icon12.gif
), on the other hand, I am sure all of us have had days when nothing works, the scores are not what we are expecting, and probably even simple things that we routinely do around the house aren't working!!!! Ahhhh I hate those days
icon8.gif

We don't have an option, we just have to deal with it, knowing that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. We can do it !!!

Yesterday wasn't a great day for my study routine neither, I had a lot of unexpected delays. At least I was able to study hormones, it is better to study a little bit than nothing :)

Hope everybody have a great day today:xf:

Hello everyone!!

Huggies dnt feel bad fr histo, those were just practice xams, the real xam is yet to come and you have time to learn little things which you missed...so just read again and u'll rock this time! dnt stress ur self..

cades you are rite, there is light at the end of the tunnel, all of us we'll make it till that Light:)

I am still stuck with anatomy, head and neck,
was reading orbit n muscles, :sleep:...
the kaplan lecture notes dnt have much about face(head n neck), Il be doing tht frm some other text book.
good luck to all!
happy studying...

Hey GoyalD, hopefully you'll have better luck w/ anatomy than me.

I just finished reading the oral histo and embryology. Still have a hard time remembering everything about the brachial arches. Now will do couple exams to see how I REALLY know my staff this time. Wish me luck, will let you know later.

Hey GoyalD, hopefully you'll have better luck w/ anatomy than me.

I just finished reading the oral histo and embryology. Still have a hard time remembering everything about the brachial arches. Now will do couple exams to see how I REALLY know my staff this time. Wish me luck, will let you know later.
Hey good luck fr the xams...ul be fine, dnt worry! I have still not taken any xam so no idea how my prep is ,,will be doin tht tomm!
bye fr now!

Well, I'm feeling somewhat encouraged. Did 3 exams (just the oral histo and embryology) and got most of the questions right.

Next couple hours I will go over some topics from general histo and neuroanatomy that I still feel I don't understand well. Tomorrow is all dental dekcs for me for anatomy/histo. Hopefully it'll improve my spirits about anatomy...

Is anyone else feeling arthritic w/ swollen feet from all this SITTING down. I'm afraid that after writing the exam, they will have to carry me out, since my muscle will have completely atrophied by then.
I have promised myself a full day of spa after all this is over... that's after a week of constant sleep.:banana:

huggies..yeahhhhh...im happy fr u!
good luck fr dental decks!
I have not started feeln tht joint pain yet, i think so i need to put in more study hours to get to tht stage...:laugh:...
I am planning to complete head n neck, revise whole anatomy except abdomen, thorax ....n upper limb, as more questions come frm the latter part,
when I was doing questions yestrday i realised its bout how many times u have revised and not about covering everythng....so i wanna revise anat, specially foramen n ganglion ,
good luck!

For anatomy, you definitely need to know head and neck well. Last night I read a bit over PNS and SNS b/c there were some questions on it, and I realized that I didn't have it as clear in my mind as I thought. I'm still confusing all the vessels too. When I'm thinking about it systematically, I feel I can get it all right, but on the exam it's all thrown in together which throws me off. I just have to have it memorized really really well.

Yah, now I'm doing the decks. Most of it is just a review, but I'm still finding some new info. It's more scattered b/c I'm spending a lot of time to look for pics in my atlas, so I'm actually using wikipedia a lot. The pile of the deck is soooo HIGH. I don't know if I'll ever finish it:scared:

Time to get some sleep now. Just finished half of the deck for the anatomy. Taking much longer than I thought. Hopefully the last half will go faster.

After that I'm starting dental anatomy review. I have 4 days for it, ...well w/ the decks it'll be 3 now. But, I did do well on the exam after reviewing it the first couple times, so hopefully I won't need that much time.

Sleep needed pronto:sleep::sleep::sleep: