IPSIS meeting highlights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not here to pick a fight. Delusional and spouting nonsense is not Ed.
100% agreed.

Ed doesn't BS. He's a stand up guy. Actually retired. He's comped for his time . Nothing wrong with that.

Brilliant dude. Doesn't freak out. Agreed, best mentor.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know Ed, but the initial PNS papers involved testing the effect of simulation to pinprick, showing a clear benefit in nociceptive pain.

This one did chronic pain folks as well as the authors who had no known pain issues.

SPR at least is FDA approved for acute pain, suggesting they think it's capable of working on nociceptive pain.

And more over, a subset of arthritic joint pain is likely neuropathic. Osteoarthritis pain: nociceptive or neuropathic? - PubMed

The preclinical models of OA in rodents respond really well to things like gabapentin for example, but gabapentin works great for a lot of animal pains.

With that said, I offer ablation first to knees and hips, discuss PNS vs RFA for shoulders.

Don't know Ed, but the initial PNS papers involved testing the effect of simulation to pinprick, showing a clear benefit in nociceptive pain.

This one did chronic pain folks as well as the authors who had no known pain issues.

SPR at least is FDA approved for acute pain, suggesting they think it's capable of working on nociceptive pain.

And more over, a subset of arthritic joint pain is likely neuropathic. Osteoarthritis pain: nociceptive or neuropathic? - PubMed

The preclinical models of OA in rodents respond really well to things like gabapentin for example, but gabapentin works great for a lot of animal pains.

With that said, I offer ablation first to knees and hips, discuss PNS vs RFA for shoulders.
Meh, attempting to rationalize therapy that was done from 1990-2010 with abject repeated failures because new companies are selling the same crap to the next generation of swindlers or unsuspecting doctors does not make for science or make it work. Theatrical placebo.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, attempting to rationalize therapy that was done from 1990-2010 with abject repeated failures because new companies are selling the same crap to the next generation of swindlers or unsuspecting doctors does not make for science or make it work. Theatrical placebo.
Yeah, it failed but it was mostly mechanical or technical failures. Like ONS: amazing for folks when it works, but hard to sustain due to hardware deficiencies.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying do it routinely, but definitely a small part of the armamentarium

Does root stimulation at the gutter work for post-surgical knee pain, i heard some good results from this. thanks.

Does root stimulation at the gutter work for post-surgical knee pain, i heard some good results from this. thanks.
At my DRG class, the instructors were completely treating post TKA pain with DRG leads.

Like, completely destroying that pain.

At my DRG class, the instructors were completely treating post TKA pain with DRG leads.

Like, completely destroying that pain.
Thanks for the information, i am not very convinced about the long term effects of drg stim, its complication profiles and treatment.

Thanks for the information, i am not very convinced about the long term effects of drg stim, its complication profiles and treatment.
I may not have been obvious enough with my sarcasm. I do not like DRG stim. I'm not doing them despite the fact I'm trained to do them. NANS is why, and more specifically a dishonest cadaver instructor who did my DRG station when I did my "new attending course."

Lied straight to my face.

Reactions: 1 user
I may not have been obvious enough with my sarcasm. I do not like DRG stim. I'm not doing them despite the fact I'm trained to do them. NANS is why, and more specifically a dishonest cadaver instructor who did my DRG station when I did my "new attending course."

Is it a lie if you believe it?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a lie if you believe it?
When you tell me you've done over 70 pts and well over 140 leads and never seen one migration or had one adverse event...You're simply lying. The very study used to justify DRG had like a 30% adverse event rate.

Was your instructor from Texas by any chance

When you tell me you've done over 70 pts and well over 140 leads and never seen one migration or had one adverse event...You're simply lying. The very study used to justify DRG had like a 30% adverse event rate.

Yep. They are FOS. I also was DRG trained. Did two cases. Took twice as long and results were not worth it.

Decided to bag it and send to the KOLs.

DRG training was fun, though. Morton’s, Hotel Zsa Zsa, took my wife. Conceived our youngest kid! 😂

• Love
DRG training was fun, though. Morton’s, Hotel Zsa Zsa, took my wife. Conceived our youngest kid! 😂

I hope you named him Abbott

Reactions: 2 users