intradiscal ozone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drrinoo

Rinoo Shah, MD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.spineconf.com/program.htm

fascinating to think that the international community at large doesn't need the USA, UK, Germany, France, and Japan to take the lead in implementing minimally invasive technologies...I love globalization

this seems to be a pattern..e.g, with vertebroplasty

I have heard that US device manufacturers have not taken an interest in ozone, because it is cheap and readily available...no money to be made

does anyone know of companies working in this arena or anyone in the US routinely doing this?

Members don't see this ad.

I contacted several manufacturers of ozone generators in the past week and they had never heard of such. We are considering clinical trials using this technique.

We used intra-discal and peri-radicular ozone-oxygen, in combination with steroid/anesthetic, in three patients so far. It is obviously very early, but one-month follow-up was enthusiastically good in all three. These were multi-level, discographycally-proven, discogenic lumbosacral pain patients.

Dr. Shah, do you have a syllabus or minutes from the conference in New Delhi? Except for the published Italian literature, we do not have much data available. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
ANy update on this technique? Or is Arthrocare going to take over the market with their PLD wand?

T

I know that Bayliss Medical has come out with a new procedure that is basically bi-polar Rf in the disc using water cooled probes to keep the temp. down so a large lesion can form. I have not done one yet.

thepainguy said:
I know that Bayliss Medical has come out with a new procedure that is basically bi-polar Rf in the disc using water cooled probes to keep the temp. down so a large lesion can form. I have not done one yet.

Forgive me, but is this at all related to the topic of the thread?

paz5559 said:
Forgive me, but is this at all related to the topic of the thread?
Where did aprill get his generator?

I read that intra-discal ozone is a major factor contributing to global warming. I think we should switch to intra-discal ethanol or maybe soy beans. I have almost worked out all the bugs in my intra-discal wind-powered RF generator. Think globally, act insane.

Must . . . hold on . . . until . . . vacation . . .

lobelsteve said:
C'mon Octrode, get to work already.

How about an intranuclear stim to capture the SV and ingrowth fibers.
Had a lot of time on my hands- but didn;t think of that!
Start monday---a ahhh. Looking forward to it.
Thought about intradiscal balloon though. I'm sure many have.
Enjoy the omnipresent beep beep beep!