INTO Saint George London MBBS4?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm interested in hearing reviews from US students who have studied here.

Members don't see this ad.

Would this program be a good option for an international student who attended university in the United States and wants to complete his/her medical training in America?

Would this program be a good option for an international student who attended university in the United States and wants to complete his/her medical training in America?

I would recommend US schools over this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
latest update from the program:

"We did not have any students going for the US or Canadian match this year.

Warm Regards,
Shannon"

Reactions: 1 user
Is that because they all decided to stay in the UK or they did not match despite applying to US/Canada?

Lol that program sounds like utter nonsense and a huge risk, in its budding stages

Reactions: 1 users
Is that because they all decided to stay in the UK or they did not match despite applying to US/Canada?

You actually cannot even apply to intern year in the UK unless you have an EU passport, so they didn't stay unless they were all dual citizens.

You actually cannot even apply to intern year in the UK unless you have an EU passport, so they didn't stay unless they were all dual citizens.

I've heard that UK guarantees foundation spots for all graduates of its med schools.

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard that UK guarantees foundation spots for all graduates of its med schools.

Anyone who is EU, yes. We had multiple people from my class in Dublin get a foundation year in the UK. During the application process, a few non-EU North Americans were hoping to apply and were told they were not eligible since you need to hold an EU passport to even apply.

Anyone who is EU, yes. We had multiple people from my class in Dublin get a foundation year in the UK. During the application process, a few non-EU North Americans were hoping to apply and were told they were not eligible since you need to hold an EU passport to even apply.

It is my understanding that if you do medical school at a proper UK MED school, you are guaranteed foundation regardless of citizenship. I am unsure though if the INTO program counts. Is this not the case anymore?

I thought priorities was:
Uk med grads/ UK citizens from non-uk schools
Eu citizens from non-uk schools
Everyone else(extremely unlikely)

From what i've read when I first read the brochure back in 2013 it does count as allowing you to stay in the UK.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, this is disappointing to hear. Even if all 12 or so students were able to get FY1 spots and stay in the UK, the very fact that none decided to apply to the US or Canada for residency shows you that none were confident in doing so and that likely means they didn't have the knowledge or support to do so.

As far as I understand, everyone who graduates from a British medical school (regardless of nationality) is guaranteed a FY1 spot in the UK.

As far as I understand, everyone who graduates from a British medical school (regardless of nationality) is guaranteed a FY1 spot in the UK.
Sure that may be the case but before chucking 35k pounds a year, make sure you call them, email them, talk to them, research thoroughly and get all the answers. A lot of people on these boards are North American, including myself so our knowledge is limited. Also I believe to get an FY1 positions in UK, you need a Primary Medical Qualification. If you look at the following link, you will notice that INTO St George's is under review by the GMC which I assume is the quality control body of British medical schools: http://www.gmc-uk.org/education/13876.asp

These are just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I think the two private schools UBuckingham and UCLan both have some sort of deal with GMC approved medical schools where if they don't get the GMC approval, the students get a degree from some other GMC approved schools. Not sure which ones so definitely look into it and see if INTO St George's has a deal in place like that in case they fail to get GMC approval.

Popeyespinach, that was a very informative post. Thank you!