Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lutz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any interview offers yet?
I received one this morning.

Lutz:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I've received 2 invitations so far.

Both are pretty good programs in the southeast.

:clap:

Congrats you two!

(I have a few in the works myself!)

Mindy

Members don't see this ad :)
A got a few.
Now if I could only get my darn LOR's in.:mad:

Yeah for everyone:clap:

I like the clapping guy, he's so expressive:

How are the offers coming in?
(email/mail/telephone)

out

I've had mainly e-mails, 2 mailed letters, and 1 very strange page to a voice mail at 7:30pm at a pathology dep't (I was able to track down the first several phone number digits on-line) but I haven't heard anything from them since.

Mindy

I've gotten 2 mailed letters for interviews, several correspondence e-mails, and a couple of phone calls from program coordinators.

Are a lot of people getting phone calls for interviews?

I have a peculiar answering machine message that is a computerized male voice simply saying "Hello, please leave your message after the tone." Many people who call me believe they get the wrong number. I like the message (staves off telemarketers, etc.) and have avoided switching it, since I figure that 1) A program would leave a message one way or another since it is the phone # I listed, and 2) that if a program wanted to contact me they also have my e-mail and my beeper.

It has occurred to me that programs may be calling, but not leaving messages. Does anyone think it is unusual that I have not heard from any programs by phone? (I've heard from a decent number of others by mail and e-mail.)

I'm actually just sorta venting, since I really don't think SDN is going to solve my phone problems...particularly since I could just change the message and avoid this whole post, but haven't bothered to yet. :)

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble....

Mindy

P.S. My husband and I bought a Play Station 2 this weekend (don't ask). Any good games?

Does anybody get any interview invitations from these States?
- MA
- MI
- IL
- OH
- MD
- TX
- PA
Thank you for you r time.

3 in MA
1 in MD

2 in MD
1 in PA
1.5 in OH (don't ask):confused:

Overall, I have been very lucky in getting interview offers.

I have heard back from about half the places I applied - mostly all by e-mail but 1 by snail mail.

Interviews offers so far (by State, not institution):

Mass. - 2
Maryland - 1
NY - 1
Georgia - 1
Penn - 1
TX - 1
Utah - 1
Washington - 1
Missouri - 1

Has anyone heard anything from the northern California schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I've had a rotten day (wierd story 'bout a hair stylist.)

Anyway here's my state list:

MA = 4
VT = 1
PA = 2
MD = 1
OH = 1
CT = 1
VA = 1
NY = 1
RI = 1
DC = 1

Unfortunately, there are still 10 programs I haven't heard from, which I think means I over-did it with the number of places I applied to...

Update:

MD-1
MA-3
CT-1
PA-1
IN-1
WI-1
VA-2
SC-1

Anything from NC yet?

:confused:

NY - 2
CT - 1
PA - 1
MA - 2
MD - 1
OH - 1
IL - 1
MO - 1

All invitations have come by email so far. No word from N.Cali programs yet, so I'm not sure whether I should keep a week open for a west coast swing. Anyone know if University of Washington has started inviting?

Lutz, I got an email from a NC program (Duke) last week saying they were going to review my app and would get back to me. No word since. :confused:

blueintheface,

I got the same email from Duke, then the following day I got a program brochure from them in the mail?

out:confused:

I've gotten interviews at 6 of the 10 places I applied.

By state:

GA-1
NC-2
VA-1
Tenn-1
Colo-1

Question for in a container-How long before you heard from Utah.

I heard from Utah about a week after I applied (early October). The other path applicant at my school heard from Utah the same day I did.

Hope this helps

Here's my list....
MA-2
NY-2
GA-1
WA-1
OR-1
CA-1
CO-1
WI-1
My one California interview is UCSD. I did get an email from the UCSF program director last week saying that they would get back to me when my application is complete. I am not sure if "complete" means Dean's letter (i.e. not 'til after Nov 1st) or when my last LOR gets in (which it is as of yesterday).
As for Stanford I start a surgical path rotation there on Monday. I'll be sure to give y'all the skinny when I find out.
Has anyone heard from any other CA school's? The only other one I have heard anything from was a letter from UCLA-Harbor
saying that they don't give interviews until after Nov 1st and that they would contact me by phone if I get an interview.

Hi, I'm applying to NYC area path programs, I just pressed submit and I started getting interviews. Anyone else aplying in the area?:rolleyes:

Has anyone heard from Dartmouth or Baystate?

mindy

hey mindy...

zippo from either:p
has anyone heard from University of Cleveland/Case Western?

Anything from Duke or Mayo?

Thanks,

Lutz

Hey CP,

Its awesome seeing a fellow IMG going into Path. I can't say that I have met any other one that was interested in Path aswell. I wish you the best!

All I know is that I'm already getting butterflies and I don't apply till next year
:D