Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nrporter said:
I am an Arizona resident. I am a Nutrition major and have a 3.94 science GPA and a 3.76 overall GPA. My DAT was 22 AA, 20 PAT, 17 QR, 22 Reading, 19 Bio, 29 Gen, 22 Org, 21 Science.
One Word. "WoW!" :D

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT rocks, man but I am not impressed with nutrition major, yes your major is high but it was in nutrition. Cmon how hard can memorizing the food pyramid be, didn't we have to learn that in kindergarten. (hint of sarcasm, or that I am pissed that an oustate is getting an interview before me, i think a little of both).

Your stats are stellar no doubt. good luck, are you also applying to ARizona.

nrporter said:
I am an Arizona resident. I am a Nutrition major and have a 3.94 science GPA and a 3.76 overall GPA. My DAT was 22 AA, 20 PAT, 17 QR, 22 Reading, 19 Bio, 29 Gen, 22 Org, 21 Science.

Excellent!! You tend to support my theory that they interview 2 sigma above the mean first. However, I don't know exactly what 2 sigma may be for Texas applicants/accepted. Check out the stats for accepted students on the Texas Medical and Dental Student Application Service on the web. I may simply be unusual, having many years of work experience and other talents. I would like to hope my invitation to San Antonio and Houston are in process.

I have toured and have family in San Antonio. I think you will be impressed. The surrounding area is very nice for families. The school is very progressive: wireless networks, lasers, etc. It is located in the center of a very modern medical complex.

Thank you and I wish you success!

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe except for the river walk and the actual campus, there isn't much else they offer.

hockeydentist said:
Your DAT rocks, man but I am not impressed with nutrition major, yes your major is high but it was in nutrition. Cmon how hard can memorizing the food pyramid be, didn't we have to learn that in kindergarten. (hint of sarcasm, or that I am pissed that an oustate is getting an interview before me, i think a little of both).

Your stats are stellar no doubt. good luck, are you also applying to ARizona.

I am a nutrition major at ASU also and I get that attitude a lot. I know there is some sarcasm here but you'd actually be very surprised at how tough the nutrition program at ASU is. I am almost done with my degree and I think the difficulty would rival any other science major out there. There is much more to nutrition than the food pyramid like medical nutrition therapy, nutrient metabolism, prenatal development, etc.

Many people from AZ are going that route b/c it requires anatomy & physiology, biochemistry, and microbiology which are highly recommended predent courses. You can also substitute all of your required predent courses into the degree.

So there!

2005 -- Interviews :D

Baylor: grandpa,
Case: DDS2BE, Mo007, mwsung, Biogirl361, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity,
Columbia: onetoothleft, t12kim,
Louisville: accidental,
Nova: DrTacoElf, Tanya086, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE
Indiana: ib6ub9,
UT Houston: Beachluvr,
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung,
U.Alabama: DrTacoElf,
UT San Antonio: nrporter,

Lumbee.Dr said:
2005 -- Interviews :D

UT San Antonio: nrporter,

I would also add an interview date

2005 -- Interviews

Added Maryland:

Maryland: Typo
UT San Antonio: nrporter

2005 -- Interviews

Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86

case western, interview august 25th.

I would like to know as well, if everyone within the first two weeks is accpeted to Case.

ill see all of you august 25th ppl there hopefully

indiana university, i schedule my interview on nov, 4th. im not sure if Indiana is interested in me as an applicant, their letter sounds fishy, as if to just get me to interview at the school, w/o even have reviewed my app. Does anyone know if Indiana screens?

I've been invited to interview at Nova, so:

2005 -- Interviews

Arizona: nrporter
Columbia: onetoothleft, t12kim
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings

Hey, smitty1, when did you get the Tufts secondary? I've sent them everything, and haven't heard from them in a while.

2005 -- Interviews

UT Houston: Beachluvr, Halitosis,
UT San Antonio: nrporter, Halitosis

Members don't see this ad :)
Arizona: nrporter, Sprgrover
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover

Nebraska: Sprgrover
U Penn: Sprgrover

Yup, Another Nova.

Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover, SloppyJoe

Columbia: onetoothleft, t12kim, drtagman
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover, SloppyJoe

Arizona: nrporter, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity

Added Maryland

cool fillings said:
I've been invited to interview at Nova, so:

2005 -- Interviews

Hey, smitty1, when did you get the Tufts secondary? I've sent them everything, and haven't heard from them in a while.

Hey, I got my secondary from Tufts about a month ago.

Case: DDS2BE, Mo007, mwsung, Biogirl361, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity,t12kim
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86, t12kim

For those who have been invited for interviews at Nova....

I have been put in charge of signing up D1s for interview tours, which means that I have first pick as to what date I would like to give a tour. If you would like, I will sign myself up for the date of your interview if it doesn't conflict with my schedule. This might be helpful to you as an interviewee to see a familiar face; it will definitely help calm your nerves. So if you would like just post your interview date and I will check the schedules and tell you if I can be there.

Also, for anyone that was wondering, the first interview date for Nova is Thursday, September 23rd. The latest date I have on my schedule right now is December 17th, but I am sure there will be interviews after the first of the year.

I actually received an interview invite to U of Iowa without DAT scores!! I thought that was pretty shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRogoff said:

I have been put in charge of signing up D1s for interview tours, which means that I have first pick as to what date I would like to give a tour. If you would like, I will sign myself up for the date of your interview if it doesn't conflict with my schedule. This might be helpful to you as an interviewee to see a familiar face; it will definitely help calm your nerves. So if you would like just post your interview date and I will check the schedules and tell you if I can be there.

Also, for anyone that was wondering, the first interview date for Nova is Thursday, September 23rd. The latest date I have on my schedule right now is December 17th, but I am sure there will be interviews after the first of the year.

Nice :D

My interview is on October 1 if that jives with your schedule.

JRogoff said:

I'll take you up on your offer. If you can do a tour on Sept. 29, I'll be there interviewing. It'll be nice to see a familiar face.

JavadiCavity said:
I'll take you up on your offer. If you can do a tour on Sept. 29, I'll be there interviewing. It'll be nice to see a familiar face.

Hey javidi do you know where you will be staying yet?

JRogoff said:

I have NOVA interview on October 13th. Looking forward on seeing you pal!

JRogoff said:

hey that sound good. my interview is on the 29th of september. let me know
thanks

smitty1 said:
Hey, I got my secondary from Tufts about a month ago.

I just called Tufts today...they said that they have all of my stuff and that they don't have secondaries and that they'll start mailing interview invites in about a month. Anyone else out there applying to Tufts who can confirm whether or not they have secondaries?

From their website:

"Tufts does not require a supplemental application. Applicants will be informed of supplemental requirements once the Admissions Office receives their applications."

What does that mean? They do and they don't?

cool fillings said:
I just called Tufts today...they said that they have all of my stuff and that they don't have secondaries and that they'll start mailing interview invites in about a month. Anyone else out there applying to Tufts who can confirm whether or not they have secondaries?

From their website:

"Tufts does not require a supplemental application. Applicants will be informed of supplemental requirements once the Admissions Office receives their applications."

What does that mean? They do and they don't?
I call them about a month ago, the told me the same thing.

DrTacoElf said:
Nice :D

My interview is on October 1 if that jives with your schedule.

I can definetly be there on Oct 1st.

As for the other days, i will have to let everyone else know. We have a ton of tests during those dates.

JavadiCavity said:
Correction . . . my interview at NOVA is on September 30.

I think i can swing the 30th. See you there.

wow, so many of you are getting tons of interview opportunities. I submitted my aadsas on 6/8 and completed my file for columbia and uop on 8/1...still haven't heard anything about an interview from those guys, :laugh:

when can i expect a rejection letter? do the schools wait until after 12/1 to reject ppl with completed application? if that's the case, that's not nice, they should deliver instant death, instead of letting it be slow and agonizing :laugh:

JRogoff said:

thats weird that D1's are giving tours, given the fact that we are new at our schools as well and really cant share any concrete experiences as of yet....whenever I interviewed, I always made sure I got some D3/D4 input, and rarely listened to any D1's.....

Got a Temple Interview, now I can actually see what Dr. Badvibes has been braggin about.

Also do you guys think it is cool to call up Penn, they said my app was complete on Aug 5th, and ask when I could expect a response so I can plan the Temple interview at the same time?

Dr.BadVibes said:
thats weird that D1's are giving tours, given the fact that we are new at our schools as well and really cant share any concrete experiences as of yet....whenever I interviewed, I always made sure I got some D3/D4 input, and rarely listened to any D1's.....

I am just signing up D1s to give tours, someone else is signing up upper classman. Nova lets every class participate in interview tours so interviewees can have everyones perspective.

2005-Interviews

Baylor: grandpa, Escarsega
UT Houston: Beachluvr, Halitosis, Escarsega
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86, t12kim
UT San Antonio: nrporter, Halitosis, Escarsega

2005-Interviews

Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86, t12kim, drtagman

Looks like many midwest (OSU, UMich, UMN etc. )and northeast schools (NYU, Harvard, BU, Tufts etc) start reviewing applications late.

2005-Interviews

Columbia: onetoothleft, t12kim, drtagman, mnrji
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity, mnrji
U Penn: Sprgrover, mnrji

Adding UNC

U. North Carolina: JavadiCavity

2005-Interviews

Arizona: nrporter, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity; onetoothleft

adding Columbia

onetoothleft said:
2005-Interviews

Columbia: onetoothleft, t12kim, drtagman, mnrji, jayhov

Originally Posted by onetoothleft
2005-Interviews

Case: DDS2BE, Mo007, mwsung, Biogirl361, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity,t12kim, Anya14,
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity, mnrji, Anya14,
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover, SloppyJoe, Anya14,
UF: NDGummy, Anya14

hey u guys completely forgot about me :(

i've done interviews at case and UF

and have 3 interviews coming up at : UMB, NOVA, and Temple

thanks

omar

^^adding u, didn't know which school you meant by umb though. just copy and paste the list into a post and add yourself.

Case: DDS2BE, Mo007, mwsung, Biogirl361, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity,t12kim, Anya14, mrtoothpulla, omaralt
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity, mnrji, Anya14,
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover, SloppyJoe, Anya14, omaralt
UOP: nrporter
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86, t12kim, drtagman, omaralt
UF: NDGummy, Anya14, omaralt

Adding omaralt's University of Maryland, Baltimore

Case: DDS2BE, Mo007, mwsung, Biogirl361, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity,t12kim, Anya14, mrtoothpulla, omaralt
Maryland: Typo, TanyaO86, Sprgrover, JavadiCavity, mnrji, Anya14, omaralt,
Nova: DrTacoElf, TanyaO86, ib6ub9, JavadiCavity, DDS2BE, cool fillings, Sprgrover, SloppyJoe, Anya14, omaralt
UOP: nrporter
Temple: DrTacoElf, SloppyJoe, mwsung, TanyaO86, t12kim, drtagman, omaralt
UF: NDGummy, Anya14, omaralt

to all future interviewers: prepare to get a wealth of strange looks when your group walks into the student lounge and the caf in your suits, especially if you are there between when they have classes :oops: