Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

i am considering applying for these programs, and i'm having some questions; hope you'll answer :)

- how are the interviews like?
- are they similar to American med school interviews?
- what do you think adcoms are looking for in interviews?
- can interviews be conducted online for those who have difficulties attending/flying to Europe for any reason?

Members don't see this ad.

Atlantic Bridge flies the Irish interviewers to Canada - the past years, they've been held in Toronto over 3 days.

Way in the past, they did them in Vancouver and New York I think too. But recently just Toronto.

If you want to know about University of Limerick interviews, check a thread below. It has the whole structure. RSCI is the other interviewing school but I've never gone through it so I can't answer.

They look for well-rounded and normal people with something different to you. Same as all other interviews. UL has another group component to see how well you play with others as it's PBL based and you need to be able to function as a team player.

gosh, Canada? how am i flying to Canada for 3 days when i'm still having school... lol

so they don't do online/Skype interview at all? :writer: do you think i can request it? is there any disadvantage in doing so?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well they do it on a weekend. People in Canada who don't live in Toronto also have to fly quite the distance - Vancouver to Toronto is 6-7 hr flight.

Think of the being in Ireland and then having to fly back to North America for residency interviews during clerkship :) starts early.

You can maybe request it but I've never seen an online interview done outside of RSCI Bahrain. Or even requested.

Sorry to clarify interview is one out of the three days.

Reactions: 1 user
gosh, Canada? how am i flying to Canada for 3 days when i'm still having school... lol

so they don't do online/Skype interview at all? :writer: do you think i can request it? is there any disadvantage in doing so?

You don't. Not necessarily. Sassa's information is incomplete.

What Sassa said may be accurate for UL, it is not for RCSI.

For those are live in the United States, they typically do interviews in New York. For example, RCSI did interviews on a Friday and Saturday (you can choose which one you attend provided slots are still open) at the Grand Hyatt in NYC. I had to skip classes on that Friday and catch a plane for my interview on that Saturday. It was a lot of flying with only a weeks notice, but it's definitely manageable.

On a separate note, UCD seems like it will be holding information sessions for applicants with favourable stats in New York in the future as they did this year.

I think UL was just in Toronto though.

Sorry - I should qualify that I can only speak for UL stuff!