Interviews Yet??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an email from SCO about an interview today. I was wondering if anyone knew how the interview day goes? I want to wear nice shoes but only when I need to. It looks like there's going to be a lot going on.Can someone give me the breakdown of the day?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email from SCO about an interview today. I was wondering if anyone knew how the interview day goes? I want to wear nice shoes but only when I need to. It looks like there's going to be a lot going on.Can someone give me the breakdown of the day?

file review for about 30 min
financial aid presentation for about 30 min
tour of campus for a little over an hour
one on one interview for about an hour
housing presentation for like 45 min

most of the day is sitting down, and walking on the tour is slow because you stop and view the different areas. hope this helps

file review for about 30 min
financial aid presentation for about 30 min
tour of campus for a little over an hour
one on one interview for about an hour
housing presentation for like 45 min

most of the day is sitting down, and walking on the tour is slow because you stop and view the different areas. hope this helps

what exactly happens during a file review... are you asked questions, or do they just sit and say you have everything?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the file review at SCO, they told me what pre-req classes I was missing and if I was missing any LORs, OAT scores, transcripts, etc. They also asked me to explain one of my EC's in detail, so that was interesting.

In my file review at IU, they did the same thing but also commented on my grades and OAT scores as well. So, it was good to know what they were thinking before they invited me for the interview. They also asked me a few other questions about my weaknesses and strengths.

In both cases, they were informal and separate from the formal interview with a faculty member.

In the file review at SCO, they told me what pre-req classes I was missing and if I was missing any LORs, OAT scores, transcripts, etc. They also asked me to explain one of my EC's in detail, so that was interesting.

In my file review at IU, they did the same thing but also commented on my grades and OAT scores as well. So, it was good to know what they were thinking before they invited me for the interview. They also asked me a few other questions about my weaknesses and strengths.

In both cases, they were informal and separate from the formal interview with a faculty member.

who does this part of the interview, an admissions counselor, or a student, faculty member.?

who does this part of the interview, an admissions counselor, or a student, faculty member.?

i so excited... i got back from a very unsuccessful day at the library studying anatomy... and come home to a interview request from NECO...

ICO, NECO interviews.

is NOVA slow or something, cause I submitted everything to them on 9.23.08 and they haven't updated their system to say that they have received anything...it bothers me... anyone know anything about that...

Has anyone heard anything about UIW? Is it because they are not accredited just yet?

Just got a letter in the mail for an interview at NECO. I submitted my application around Sept. 15th...

Hmmm.... so I guess that means no one has heard any progress with UIW? There website is exactly the same and has no info on applying.

:)... interviews to ICO, NECO, PCO!!!
...i didnt even finish PCO.. like im missing my LORs, my essay...

dang what are your stats?

i only completed NOVA, ICO, NECO and half of PCO.

Have to finish SUNY, SCCO, SCO.

TS 360. AA:340 sGPA 3.3 GPA 3.1... visual cognition research, a lot of extracurricular activities. All pre-rec completed, plus alot of recommended classes. I visited NECO, SUNY, ICO. NY resident.

I have my interview with SCO this Friday the 17th, and at UMSL on November 7th.

Anyone else scheduled for those dates??

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering...when did you turn in your app to pco, afasono?

I just stumbled across this site today... I wish I had known about it earlier! Great info.
Anyway, I have interviews coming up with IU and MCO. Still waiting to hear back from NOVA and ICO. IU was the quickest with getting back to me but they also called me on a Wednesday and wanted me to interview that Friday! I couldn't get a hotel or flight on that short of notice though, unfortunately. But be prepared for a really quick turnaround if you apply to IU!

I just stumbled across this site today... I wish I had known about it earlier! Great info.
Anyway, I have interviews coming up with IU and MCO. Still waiting to hear back from NOVA and ICO. IU was the quickest with getting back to me but they also called me on a Wednesday and wanted me to interview that Friday! I couldn't get a hotel or flight on that short of notice though, unfortunately. But be prepared for a really quick turnaround if you apply to IU!

I agree, IU is very quick in responding. They told me I would hear back about my acceptance two weeks after my interview but they sent me my acceptance letter only three days after my interview!

FSU PreOpt--When did you apply to ICO?? What are your stats like? I am also waiting to hear back from ICO and its been over 6 weeks!

That is so weird. I heard from Nova right after I faxed my OAT and ICO three days later. IU was about a week after Nova. There must be something going on with ICO. I know bd722 applied earlier than me and had better stats.

Just wondering...when did you turn in your app to pco, afasono?

hmm... when did i submitted all aspects of PCO... 10.2.08 approximately. Part I when in on the 10.2.08, the rest of them, when in on... probably 9.29.08.

I took my OAT in August, and my transcripts, recommendations were all sent in mid-September. I have not YET sent in my personal statement...
...my interview notice was dated 10.9.08.

I receieved the interview notice @ school on 10.11.08.

hope this helps...

That is so weird. I heard from Nova right after I faxed my OAT and ICO three days later. IU was about a week after Nova. There must be something going on with ICO. I know bd722 applied earlier than me and had better stats.

On nova.edu/apply is your status updated, saying that they have all the pieces of your application. So far, all its says is that they have my application fee, and I have sent everything, in mid- September....

thanks in advance to any help.

On nova.edu/apply is your status updated, saying that they have all the pieces of your application. So far, all its says is that they have my application fee, and I have sent everything, in mid- September....

yeah that website is terrible, i have recieved an interview invitation and the website still hasnt been updated saying they recieved everything, so i wouldnt go by that if i were you.

i only completed NOVA, ICO, NECO and half of PCO.

Have to finish SUNY, SCCO, SCO.

TS 360. AA:340 sGPA 3.3 GPA 3.1... visual cognition research, a lot of extracurricular activities. All pre-rec completed, plus alot of recommended classes. I visited NECO, SUNY, ICO. NY resident.

What did you think about SUNY? I was just there yesterday.

I just checked nova.edu/apply and it says I have only done the application fee. However, they emailed me a long time ago saying that all they needed was 1 LOR.

bd722- I applied to ICO on September 10. I know that my Optometrist had to redo an eval though because he didn't sign the envelope or something? So I was thinking maybe that's why I haven't heard from them yet. My stats are 3.67 (science, a little higher overall) and a 350 AA. Not the greatest, but I thought I'd be ok. Could you give me a little more insight as to the IU interview process? I've heard some say there are 2 interviewers, and some say 1. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

bd722- I applied to ICO on September 10. I know that my Optometrist had to redo an eval though because he didn't sign the envelope or something? So I was thinking maybe that's why I haven't heard from them yet. My stats are 3.67 (science, a little higher overall) and a 350 AA. Not the greatest, but I thought I'd be ok. Could you give me a little more insight as to the IU interview process? I've heard some say there are 2 interviewers, and some say 1. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Hey FSU PreOpt, I just messaged you some info on the IU interview.

has anyone heard back from SCCO? i applied on the first day, but i haven't gotten a response yet, while i've heard of other students getting interviews already :confused:

luckily i have gotten interviews to SUNY and PCO, but still i'm curious if anyone has heard back from SCCO..

i received an invitation on 10/6. it was really surprising because i turned my app. in the previous monday. have you called to check and see if all your materials in? i think they've only released two interview days so far, 11/15 and 12/13. good luck, im sure you'll hear soon.

What did you think about SUNY? I was just there yesterday.

SUNY. I dont think was for me. Im a NYer, and I wasn't crazy about being in the middle of city, I think I would get really distracted...My undergraduate school is in the middle of the surburbs... and well I loved it there. There were only a couple of bars, and things to do, so pretty much everyone is in the library...

Update:
ICO, PCO, NECO, NOVA interviews!!!!
only completed applications @ ICO, NECO, and NOVA!
still applying to SCO, SCCO, and SUNY!

Just got a letter in the mail for an interview at NECO. I submitted my application around Sept. 15th...

Is that how NECO calls for interview? I thought they just email you? Anyways Congrats! I also see you just got invite from ICO after 8 weeks. Very nice!

i have a question. When did you hear back from NECO, NOVA and PCO? after how long? for NOVA, the admission counselor wanted me to fax her my OAT score. I asked her how long I will hear back from them and she said I am going thru your file right now..i m not sure what she meant??? any ideas?? thanks

I submitted my apps around sept 10th and I got an interview with NECO a few days later (unofficial) via email.. and PCO sent me an official letter via snail mail October 10th

I submitted my apps around sept 10th and I got an interview with NECO a few days later (unofficial) via email.. and PCO sent me an official letter via snail mail October 10th

Out of curiosity, what do you mean "unofficial"? When is your interview for NECO?

i have a question. When did you hear back from NECO, NOVA and PCO? after how long? for NOVA, the admission counselor wanted me to fax her my OAT score. I asked her how long I will hear back from them and she said I am going thru your file right now..i m not sure what she meant??? any ideas?? thanks

im not sure if you were talking to me directly, but all of my interviews came in within 2-3 weeks of finishing the applications... if you look at some of my previous post, i know I said exact dates. NOVA took the longest...4.5 weeks... they said that they were missing a bunch of stuff (LOR and OATs). Anyways, I would not be too concerned, they seem to be a little bit slower than the rest of the schools, when it came to my applications... anyways.. good luck.

Like I said, Im still working on applications, only cause the parental unit is forcing me to apply to state schools, and ones that I have already paided for my OAT score, and application fee...oh well, i gonna begin doing my interviews in two weeks!!! NECO, ICO, PCO, and finally NOVA...

gl to all those w/ or w/out interviews... be strong!

Is that how NECO calls for interview? I thought they just email you? Anyways Congrats! I also see you just got invite from ICO after 8 weeks. Very nice!

NECO sent me everything through mail. I got interview letter through mail and even the interview confirmation through mail. I thought that was really weird because all the other schools sent me emails about interviews and even acceptances.

Well my undergrad is affiliated with NECO so once I sent in my apps they emailed me and told my advisor Ill get an interview in the spring..but I havnt gotten a letter or anything yet..so I just said it was unofficial

My PCO interview is Dec 3 though... anyone else interviewing with them???