Interviews From Combined People!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CollegeGrl1019

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there!

I'm conducting a study on accelerated and combined medical programs, and am really trying to get some interviews from students in the programs.

They'd only be like 5-7 short questions, and I'd definitely appreciate any help! Plus if anything gets published you'd be sure to be in the acknowledgements!

Please everyone, anyone that's been in any kind of combined medical program pm me! I'm really trying to get as much in as possible!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone actually do these combined programs? I had the feeling they were looked down upon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a few people in these programs and would advise against this sort of thing. You are better off doing things the normal way.

One of my best friends is in an 8 year combined program and she's happy. i think the trick is to look into the undergraduate school and med school and know them well before comitting urself. you don't want to be somewhere for 8 years that u'll hate

but anyway, my friend is happy, and i've asked her several times if she regrets not being able to apply out, but she's always said she's perfectly happy. i think it helps because she's allowed to concentrate on one thing, instead of trying to do all the recommended pre-med activities. and i notice she's alot better off than the rest of us who are worrying about getting into med school this semester and such. she's got no stress at all

But why wouldnt you guys reccommend these programs (those that spoke against them). Tehre are like 75 programs out there, and they cant be all that bad.

Thanks!

I don't like them because they severely limit your choices. Very few high school seniors know which med school will be the best fit for them! Preferences and priorities change a lot in college. On the flip side, it's nice to be guaranteed admission somewhere and to get out of taking the MCAT.

However, I have a friend who is in a 6-year program (3 of college and 3 of med school). I would absolutely hate this because it's hard enough to finish each in 4 years! But she seems pretty happy with it.