interview stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually the one who wrote the post you are talking about. I have gotten a lot of comments about my FMG comment. Obviously, I am not a resident there AND I am only reporting on a few hours of interview day which occured more than 2 years ago. Since then, PM&R as a field has gotten more competitive and I'm sure there have continued to be improvements to the program.

I hope people reading posts on this forum remember that most of the review is heresay. The FMG attending who interviewed me told me that it tended to be friendlier to FMGs because the chairman is a FMG. I don't think that is necessarily a negative. During my interview experience, that program was one of the only programs I interviewed at where I met FMG applicants who were granted interviews. Of course, I may have missed other FMG applicants at other programs. I was just trying to help some of the FMGs who regularly scan our forum.

In terms of board pass rate, I did write that they were improving and that the year before my interview, they had a 100% pass rate. Obviously, as they improve the program and applicants get more competitive, the board passing rate becomes a non-issue.

the housing thing - I just quoted residents who came to the applicant lunch and tour. (obviously, not based on first hand experience)

Obviously, people reading these posts and the scutwork reviews should know that these are opinions, heresays, and based on limited information. I didn't mean to be inflammatory and I tried to stay neutral and stick to things I actually observed, things people told me, etc. I have nothing against Mt. Sinai and have recommended it to students interested in PM&R in NYC.

I think all the PM&R programs in the country are improving as a whole - as the field gets more competitive and the number of applicants increase, programs have improved. I hope this trend continues.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum. But I am an M4 applying for PM&R in the 05/06 match. I wanted to get some advice about programs in mid atlantic. My fiancee is a resident at Georgetown and originally I was aiming for a residency at NRH. However, after hearing so much negativity about this program, not just from this site but also from other sources, I am really searching for other options. Can anyone share experiences or opinions about Johns Hopkins or other programs in the DC/Maryland/Virginia region.

thanks!! :)