Interview Offers for 2010 DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Yankee. I just heard from Hunter, yeah! My stats aren't quite as strong as yours, alas, so I'm thrilled to have made the cut at all for an interview.

Applied/Applying to: LIU, UMDNJ, Hunter, Columbia, Drexel, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, UPitt.

Interviews: LIU, Hunter, Drexel, UMDNJ, Temple.

Good luck in your interviews!

I actually got an email from them on Thursday asking me for an interview. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
BLUMONSOON - I applied online (Drexel) and used the status checker to make sure they got everything. The administrator called about 2-3 weeks after they received everything to schedule the interview. I can't wait to hear more about the program and check out Phili.

I recommend calling or emailing the contact person to see if you application is complete and is getting reviewed. I just did that with a few schools, for the piece of mind that something isn't missing from my application.

Good luck!

Interviewed at Midwestern yesterday!
Shenandoah U. Dec. 17th!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did the Midwestern interview go? What did they ask?

I'm finishing up my apps over the next few weeks. Anybody have interviews at Temple or Drexel?? If so, how did they go? :cool:

I got accepted to Midwestern today! The interview was not bad. You had to write a short essay and you had two choices of questions to choose from. They were very welcoming and it was very stress-free! Good luck!

hi kyra. i noticed you got an interview from drexel. i just heard from them yesterday. have you had it yet?
Congrats MuscleHead! I interview Friday: so very excited! When is your interivew? I'll post an update this weekend. I'm still waiting to hear from Temple and TJU...

thanks. it wasn't too rough at all, though i don't really mind writing essays at all. they're a pretty friendly bunch over at hunter! good luck with yours.

Hi, i'm thinking of applying to Hunter next year...Just curious, what kind of essays did you have to write during the interview? Was it personal or why you chose Hunter? or maybe it was a specific-field related question?

Would really appreciate your help! Want to learn about the process as much as possible.

interviewing at stony brook on december 4th and at Buffalo on december 3rd...still waiting on Miami, Nazareth, and Bellarmine

Cusebaby...What are your grades, test scores, etc?

University: University at Buffalo
Pre-Req GPA: 3.26
GRE: 1010 (390 V, 620 Q, 4.0 A)
Volunteer hours: 125 outpatient, 75 (some inpatient and some outpatient)

Applied to: Buffalo, Stony Brook, Bellarmine, Nazareth College of Rochester, Miami

Rejected: None yet thankfully

Interviews: Stony Brook (Dec. 4th), Buffalo (Dec. 3rd)

Interview Jan. 15 at Univ. Maryland - Baltimore!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats MuscleHead! I interview Friday: so very excited! When is your interivew? I'll post an update this weekend. I'm still waiting to hear from Temple and TJU...
awesome. i applied to temple as well but i havent heard yet. they just cashed my check so i assume i should here soon.

please let me know how the interview goes. mine is next friday.

MuscleHead,

Interview was stress free! So don't stress about it. No trick questions! They just want to get to know you. They told my group we'd know by Christmas, but my online status just showed that I got accepted on Wednesday. :) So you might hear rather quick.

Enjoy and relax. Ask questions. Faculty were very approachable.

Just declined an interview invite to Midwestern Univ.

Hope my seat opened up for someone who really wants it :)

MuscleHead,

Interview was stress free! So don't stress about it. No trick questions! They just want to get to know you. They told my group we'd know by Christmas, but my online status just showed that I got accepted on Wednesday. :) So you might hear rather quick.

congrats!

I have an interview on Dec 4th with UNE, AT Still Dec 10, and Temple Dec 11. Any insight on the interview processes at these schools would be greatly appreciated! :)

MuscleHead,

kyra...have u heard from jefferson yet? i havent even gotten the supplemental application link in my email box. granted, ptcas just sent out my apps this week.

Congrats on your interview and good luck!

I applied there as well and was wondering how long it took you to hear. Also, did you use the online application status checker? mine is rather confusing.
Hi! Yes, I applied online and had no issues with the status checker. I heard back from them rather quickly after they received my full application; probably around 3 weeks? I then interviewed and my status checker went to conditionally accepted within another 3 weeks. Yeah!!! If you are having an issue with the status checker, contact the dept to make sure they have everything ASAP. :) Good luck!

kyra...have u heard from jefferson yet? i havent even gotten the supplemental application link in my email box. granted, ptcas just sent out my apps this week.
Hey, here is the link with their deadlines and decision dates. I emailed TJU and they said they had everything and would let me know by the end of Dec. Seems like you might be in the second round and should know by the end of Jan? It took about a week or two for me to get the supplemental link via email. If you don't get it soon, email the Admissions Officer: he's great and responds rather quickly!

http://www.jefferson.edu/jchp/home/AdmissionsDeadlines.cfm

DO you know much about their program, besides what's listed on their site? If so, PM me! :) Good luck!

I have interview next month with UNMC.
People that already have interviewed with a pt school, i'm just wondering if it is a group interview?? Are most school a group or a single interview with a faculty and professor?

Just got accepted to University of Delaware! Was a bit worried with lower GPA but tried to balance with other stats. Anyone else applying to UD?

hey all, new to the forum, thought I would contribute. I turned in all my stuff Nov. 16, heard back from University of Maryland Baltimore (the only place I applied to) on the 23rd and was invited to an interview on January 15.

My friend and I both got interview invites from Rosalind Franklin in the mail this past week (Thursday and Friday, respectively). It's the same day as NUPT's open house though, so not sure how that's gonna work.

Has anyone received an interview for Marymount or has anyone heard anything from Nazareth?

Has anyone received an interview for Marymount or has anyone heard anything from Nazareth?

Are you talking about nazareth in rochester?? If so I applied there, I think my app was sent out early november and I haven't heard anything yet

hey cuse... how did you like buffalo vs stony brook when you went to interview. I interviewed at Stony on Dec 4th as well and really liked it!

hey cuse... how did you like buffalo vs stony brook when you went to interview. I interviewed at Stony on Dec 4th as well and really liked it!

I actually liked stony brook more than i did buffalo. The teachers and faculty really seem like they want to help you out at Stony Brook. The only thing that worries me a little is the class size, at Buffalo I think its only about 40, but I'm not too worried about it. Overall though I did like it more than Buffalo and its definitely my #1 choice right now. Hopefully they get those decisions out to us soon b/c I'm really anxious to find out!

Yes, Nazareth in Rochester. I am eager to hear from them!

Just got an email from Duke for an interview! :D

I submitted to PTCAS October 28th, GPA etc. verified on 11/10 and it was received at Duke on November 23rd.

I submitted to PTCAS October 28th, GPA etc. verified on 11/10 and it was received at Duke on November 23rd.

Great thanks! I guess it's not looking good for me - mine was mailed to them Oct. 20. lol. oh well. Congrats again! Let us know how the interview goes :)

dancerfuturept,

I wouldn't give up that quick on Duke, I know I'm not. My application was submitted october 15, and was recieved october 25. I emailed the school on December 13, and the lady said my application was not even under review yet due to such a high volume of applications. She said be patient and wait about two more week to hear back. So aside from the high volume of applicants haha, keep your head up they just didn't review you yet.

Well my undergrad gpa is 3.78, prereq gpa 3.98, GRE 540V, 700Q, 4W but....
One of my references was from my A&P professor that is friends with the head of admissions at Duke and another is an alumna that is now the director at one of their clinical sites... so that may have helped a little!

Just a little haha. Regardless, your gpa/prereq gpa is beast, so you probably were in even without the in house help haha. Congrats!!

Hello all -

I just found out that I was accepted to Hunter - the head of the PT department called to tell me so! (I didn't think anyone did that anymore, and believe that this speaks highly to faculty's commitment toward their students). Acceptance letter and paperwork to come in the mail in the next week. I'm so thrilled!

I haven't yet heard from the other schools and don't want to jump into making a decision right away based on one acceptance. However, I got a great feel for the people there, it's a good deal ($$), has a terrific rep and is a subway ride away.

Any thoughts out there? Thanks! -molly

Just got accepted to University of Delaware! Was a bit worried with lower GPA but tried to balance with other stats. Anyone else applying to UD?

CONGRATULATIONS!
Did you have an interview, if so when?

Hi Everyone,

I just interviewed at LIU last week and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed heard back from them yet. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I just interviewed at LIU last week and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed heard back from them yet. Thanks!
Yes, I interviewed with them back in early November. I heard in about 2-3 weeks via email, the letter followed. I haven't received a scholarship offer yet via snail mail and I have to let them know by Monday my decision. Eeks!

Took a weeklong vacation and came back to an invite for an interview at Marymount in mid-late January! Surely an exciting way to end a trip.

Hello all -

I just found out that I was accepted to Hunter - the head of the PT department called to tell me so! (I didn't think anyone did that anymore, and believe that this speaks highly to faculty's commitment toward their students). Acceptance letter and paperwork to come in the mail in the next week. I'm so thrilled!

I haven't yet heard from the other schools and don't want to jump into making a decision right away based on one acceptance. However, I got a great feel for the people there, it's a good deal ($$), has a terrific rep and is a subway ride away.

Any thoughts out there? Thanks! -molly

Congrats on getting accepted to Hunter Molly. I was wondering when did you interview for Hunter, because I had an early interview on Nov 18th. Did you interview around the same time? And they did say they will send their decisions by beginning or middle of January right?

But congrats again!

Received an email from UNC today!!!! Interview is January 23rd. :D

Invited to an interview at Samuel Merritt via email! Anyone else?

I'll be there at the Samuel Merritt interview on 1/23 I believe (email was a bit confusing). :)

Ill be at Samuel Merritt to interview! Anyone hear anything about how theirs is structured? perhaps provide an answer in a new thread...?

Ill be at Samuel Merritt to interview! Anyone hear anything about how theirs is structured? perhaps provide an answer in a new thread...?

Only thing I have heard is that they are scheduled for 2 - 3 hour interviews. So maybe that means group interviews? That is if I read the email correctly. If anyone knows more, please share.

See you two there!

Just got an interview notice from University of Iowa for January 8th!!! :D