Interview Offers for 2010 DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlw237

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to see if anyone else started hearing anything from schools yet. I just got offered an interview Nov 7th at Chatham University in Pitt. WoooWho!! what a relief.

Good Luck too All!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email yesterday from the Mayo Clinic for Dec. 4th or 11th. yay! Still hoping to hear from more, and still deciding if I want to apply to any others before deadlines hit.

I also recieved an interview offer for Nov. 7th! Are you coming in from out of town? I live less than a mile from Chatham. I am very excited as Chatham is my top choice. Did you also apply to UofPitt?

See you @ the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Shanna. I'm actually living in oakland now I got a job as a pt aide at upmc so I moved out here after graduating at Penn state. Yes I applied to Pitt as well that's my first choice so I'm waiting patiently for them but that won't be until after nov 15. Chatham is great to can't wait for the view. Where else did u apply.

Does it matter WHERE you graduate in this field?

Nah... just as long as you have your prereqs finished. I don't think it matters

If OutCast is talking about Physical Therapy school and not undergrad - I still don't think it matters (to a degree - hah get it?). I know there will be someone out there that disagrees, but I feel that after you graduate and pass the exam, it really depends on what you learned in your clinicals and how well you interact with others. But hey, that's my opinion and I don't even know what it's like when you get out of school since I'm still in it!

If OutCast is talking about Physical Therapy school and not undergrad - I still don't think it matters (to a degree - hah get it?). I know there will be someone out there that disagrees, but I feel that after you graduate and pass the exam, it really depends on what you learned in your clinicals and how well you interact with others. But hey, that's my opinion and I don't even know what it's like when you get out of school since I'm still in it!

From all the PTs I've talked to (about 20 different PTs from all my observation experiences) they say it really doesn't matter, as long as you get the license. Like Artizzle said, it's what you learn in clinicals, but even two people at one school will have very different experiences. The PTs I work with say go where it's cheapest, although make sure it's still a legit program, because a person graduating from USC for example will be making a very similar salary to someone graduating from some tiny non-ranked school...although getting a job may be easier coming from a "better" school, but financially it won't make much difference in the long run.

I received an e-mail on friday for an interview on Nov. 6th at the university of Indianapolis! Yay!

Hello
I also received an invitation for Chatham interview Nov.7...So excited!! I applied to Pitt as well but I did my undergrad there and heard they prefer not to accept their own grads. I don't really get that logic but giving it a shot anyway.

Hello
I also received an invitation for Chatham interview Nov.7...So excited!! I applied to Pitt as well but I did my undergrad there and heard they prefer not to accept their own grads. I don't really get that logic but giving it a shot anyway.

not sure where you heard that, but I am a first year at PITT and I would say that about 1/3 of our class come from PITT, including people from undergrad in rehabilitation science, athletic training, exercise science, and one or other that I am forgetting right now

Hey Bing,
Congrats on the interview invitation!! Saturday will be coming up pretty soon, I'm pumped. I heard its a rigorous interview, but was actually blown away by their program during open house love there PBL (problem based learning) concept and the facility and faculty were above and beyond nice. Can't wait. Haha I'll probably be one of the few guys there so if you see me say Hello, I think it was four guys and 25 girls for the open house haha.

Hey Soccer,
A few weeks ago I visited Pitt and took a tour of the PT department and was also pleased with what they had to offer. The only thing of concern is I work as an Aide for CRS/UPMC, and one of the head guys for CRS came for our monthly meeting and discussed what to do/and how to utilize Pitts PT clinical students. He just said during busier times during the day just use them as personal aides, and when the opportunity approaches teach them what you can. He said with increased patient loads (15-20/day) at CRS its hard to stop what your doing and teach the students. Just wanted to hear some feedback if you or other students are getting pushed under the rug during clinical or do you feel your getting the best out of the UPMC system. I only ask cause the therapists I'm working with said that some of the current clinical students aren't where they are suppose to be knowledge wise due to their last clinical giving them the run around. Sorry ahead if this gets you worked up as I know many clinicals are different and every student will get a different experience where they work.

I apologize to everyone else for making this a Univ. of Pitt discussion haha, just looking for input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got offered two more interviews this week. George Washington (optional) Dec 4th and Miami any weekend in Jan

Good Luck to ALL!!

So far, Drexel in November! So excited!

Good luck to all! :)

Hey Soccer,
A few weeks ago I visited Pitt and took a tour of the PT department and was also pleased with what they had to offer. The only thing of concern is I work as an Aide for CRS/UPMC, and one of the head guys for CRS came for our monthly meeting and discussed what to do/and how to utilize Pitts PT clinical students. He just said during busier times during the day just use them as personal aides, and when the opportunity approaches teach them what you can. He said with increased patient loads (15-20/day) at CRS its hard to stop what your doing and teach the students. Just wanted to hear some feedback if you or other students are getting pushed under the rug during clinical or do you feel your getting the best out of the UPMC system. I only ask cause the therapists I'm working with said that some of the current clinical students aren't where they are suppose to be knowledge wise due to their last clinical giving them the run around. Sorry ahead if this gets you worked up as I know many clinicals are different and every student will get a different experience where they work.

I apologize to everyone else for making this a Univ. of Pitt discussion haha, just looking for input.

I am at an outpatient crs clinic for my first clinical and I am definitely not been used as an aide. But I guess that can varies a lot depending on your CI. Mine is pretty good in acknowledging that I am still a 1st year student and still going through the basics in school, but I get as much hands on as possible already. Some of my classmates are liking theirs first clinical better than others, but I have not heard anyone saying that they were having a bad experience. Personally, I cannot emphasize how much easier it makes to learn stuff when I can go to the clinic the next day and check it out in a patient. It is one thing to learn goniometry, manual muscle test, specific tests, transfers, gait training, and etc, using your classmates. But having the chance of learning those things simultaneously with pathological patients makes it a lot easier.
I agree with the therapist on your clinic that some students might be subpar at that point, but you have to consider not just the students' previous clinical (which makes a big difference) but the student himself/herself. There are people in my class that grasp things really easily and others are spending a great amount of hours to do that. At the end we all should be at the same point, but the learning curve varies for each. If I were you I would ask that therapist instead what is the clinical level of a PITT new grad compared to others. Thats what helped me make my choice to go here.

Just got an email for an interview at Shenendoah University!!! So excited. Cheers to all!!!!!

rlw237,
My daughter is in her first clinical at PITT and it has been a very positive experience. She has examined patients, done ultrasounds and prescribed exercises under the watchful eye of the CI, and learned how to write up evaluations. I would recommend to any student who is being used as an aide to let the clinical program coordinator know that. The CI is evaluated by the student as well as the student being evaluated by the CI.

I have an interview Nov 12 at Midwestern in Downers Grove and Nov 21 at Rosalind Franklin. They are the only 2 I applied to that have interviews! :thumbup:

So far LIU and Hunter. Oh and today I heard from Stony Brook. Yay!

Last edited:
hey yankees09 when did you submit your application on PTCAS? I'm applying to all those schools as well but haven't heard anything back yet. However I submitted all these applications about a week and a half ago so perhaps its too early to expect anything.

hey yankees09 when did you submit your application on PTCAS? I'm applying to all those schools as well but haven't heard anything back yet. However I submitted all these applications about a week and a half ago so perhaps its too early to expect anything.

My application was mailed on October 6th, so you probably won't hear back for a while. I didn't send my application to Hunter until October 21st.

interviewing at Hunter on tuesday morning, right after an anatomy exam late monday night. excited.

I'd like to thank soccer and ptdad for the input on Pitt. It was helpful and makes sense.

I just finished my first interview at Chatham on Saturday and feel it went
really well. there was a written and individual section of the interview. Questions were respectable just lots of quick thinking. However there was 55 kids interviewed for about 35 spots (I think that's what they said). So just on their first round of interviews they can fill the class. I find this scary in that a lesser known school nationally probably had over 100 early decision applications not to mention the other individuals who applied for regular decision. Bigger schools I would imagine have over 500 applicants for about 50 spots. I mean that's 1/10 get in haha that's crazy. Not to scare anyone I'm just a stat guy and it's staggering how many people can't fullfill their dreams. Atleast not this round. Fingers are crossed tho acceptances for Chat go out first week of December so I can't wait.

Good luck to all

Just got offered two more interviews this week. George Washington (optional) Dec 4th and Miami any weekend in Jan

Good Luck to ALL!!

Would you mind sharing your stats/background? I'm not applying till next cycle, as I've still got over half of my prereqs to take yet, but I am thinking of GWU for when the time comes.

If you don't want to give out that info, I understand--and if it's rude of me to ask, I apologize. And best of luck at the interview. :)

No worries vinganca your not being rude, feel free to ask me anything. Just know I haven't gotten in anywhere yet just interviews. But my best advice is to apply asap when u do decide to apply.

Undergrad: Penn state - upark
Major: Kinesiology - Movement Science
(PTCAS) GPA: 3.52 (I got a 2.15/2.96 in meteorology =0( my fresh year 14 credits of advanced calculus and matricies sucked) 3.82 for my kines major)
Pre req GPA: 3.45
GRE: 650 (Q), 630 (V), 4.5 (Writing)

PT Experiences: 250 hours at an inpatient retirement facility, 250 hours in an outpatient private practice facility, and currently working full time as a PT aide at UPMC in the Burgh (320 hrs currently, possibly over 1000 by graduate school pending acceptance).

Applying: Pitt, Chatham, Old Dominion, Miami, Maryland-Balt Count, George Wash, and Duke

Acceptances: None yet
Rejections: None yet
Interviews: Chatham November 7th , Miami (I need to pick a weeken in Jan) and george wash (dec4 I think it optional)

PTCAS mailing date: August 15. <~ Got lucky with all my forms and LORs

Last edited:
interview at grand valley state university in 2 weeks! has anyone heard about their interviews?

No worries vinganca your not being rude, feel free to ask me anything. Just know I haven't gotten in anywhere yet just interviews. But my best advice is to apply asap when u do decide to apply.

Thanks for sharing, and for the good advice. :) I definitely will be sending in my apps as soon as possible next year.

Scratch That Haha. Just Accepted into George Washington TOday!!!!!!:):)

Good Luck to All!

I just finished my first interview at Chatham on Saturday and feel it went
really well. there was a written and individual section of the interview. Questions were respectable just lots of quick thinking. However there was 55 kids interviewed for about 35 spots (I think that's what they said). So just on their first round of interviews they can fill the class. I find this scary in that a lesser known school nationally probably had over 100 early decision applications not to mention the other individuals who applied for regular decision.

That number is both surprising and not. There were only maybe 18 of us at Chatham's early decision interviews last year. Though you didn't hear it from me (cough cough), but I was far from being the only person that was offered early acceptance at Chatham and ended up at Pitt instead.

Though it seems you may be the same, headed to GW?

That number is both surprising and not. There were only maybe 18 of us at Chatham's early decision interviews last year. Though you didn't hear it from me (cough cough), but I was far from being the only person that was offered early acceptance at Chatham and ended up at Pitt instead.

Though it seems you may be the same, headed to GW?

Haha you can add me to the list as well if I get into Pitt, I'm just excited I got in somewhere. I'm visiting GW in december, but tuition is crazy high plus it will be out of state for me, so Pitt and Chatham are my 1 and 2

In addition to Drexel, I have one at LIU! :)

Worried that I've only heard from 2 of my 7 places so far.... :confused:

My application was mailed on October 6th, so you probably won't hear back for a while. I didn't send my application to Hunter until October 21st.
Yankee, I submitted to Hunter on the 21st as well, still no call. Can I ask what your stats are like?

Yankee, I submitted to Hunter on the 21st as well, still no call. Can I ask what your stats are like?

University: Marywood University
Major: Nutrition and Dietetics
Overall GPA: 3.63
Pre-Req GPA: 3.74
GRE: 1270

Extra-Curric: varsity softball, tutoring

Volunteer: 160 some odd hours between pediatric, sports and geriatric

Applied/Applying to: Northwestern, NYIT, LIU, Stony Brook, Hunter, maybe Columbia

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: LIU, Hunter, Stony Brook

I actually got an email from them on Thursday asking me for an interview. Good luck!

interviewing at Hunter on tuesday morning, right after an anatomy exam late monday night. excited.

How'd your interview go? I have one for December 2nd. Nervous about the essay. Anyway, I hope yours went well.

I just interviewed at hunter today, did LIU a week ago... both bot too bad... no surprises.

Got stony brook on 12-4

I just interviewed at hunter today, did LIU a week ago... both bot too bad... no surprises.

Got stony brook on 12-4

I'm going to the Stony Brook interview that day too. They have everyone come on the same day and then do personal interviews. Should be interesting. What's your first choice?

either hunter or stony...it'll be a tough choice if i get into both... you?

same. both are such a good deal and have good programs, so I'd be happy about either.

How'd your interview go? I have one for December 2nd. Nervous about the essay. Anyway, I hope yours went well.

thanks. it wasn't too rough at all, though i don't really mind writing essays at all. they're a pretty friendly bunch over at hunter! good luck with yours.

thanks. it wasn't too rough at all, though i don't really mind writing essays at all. they're a pretty friendly bunch over at hunter! good luck with yours.

Fabregas, I have an interview with Hunter next week. Just wondering how is the interview process and the essay?

But dude, Congrats again!

Hey Yankees. When u say marywood univ for your undergrad do u mean the one in dunmore pa. Cause that's my home town haha.

Hey everyone, Heres my stats and what i've heard so far. I e-submitted on oct 2.

Major: Biology, pre-pt
GPA: (ptcas) around 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
gre: 1290 Q 750 V 540 AW 4.5
PT Hours: 70 inpatient, 110 outpatient, 4 different places
Applying: VCU, Columbia, Duke, Marymount, Shenandoah, ODU, GWU
Acceptances: George Washington

rejections: none yet

Interviews: Duke, Columbia, Shenandoah

waitlist: none yet

Good luck everyone!

^^^Hey Doc,

I applied to all those va schools as well. Please post when you hear from the others. Anxiously awaiting ODU since they have rolling admissions. I interview at Shenandoah on Jan 7 (had to reschedule from an earlier date). I was so proud of myself for getting an interview there until I read on their site that they interview All qualified applicants. Haaha. Still excited though. Good luck!

i just heard from Midwestern (Downer's Grove) today...i have an interview on Dec 3rd. I was looking through old posts but I can't seem to find any posts about the interview process at Midwestern. Does anyone that recently had an interview there have any suggestions? How should I prepare for it? Thanks for your help!

Muscles - The interview at Temple went really well, it was a group thing so it was pretty informal. They said we will know if we are accepted, wait listed or rejected within 2 weeks!

So far, Drexel in November! So excited!

Good luck to all! :)

Congrats on your interview and good luck!

I applied there as well and was wondering how long it took you to hear. Also, did you use the online application status checker? mine is rather confusing.