Interview Invites 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Matched!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I matched with my 5th choice. Lesson of the day: rank them all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched my #1! Thrilled and excited to be done with this process!

Reactions: 3 users
So glad this isn't me today. I slept peacefully last night. heheheh

Matched with my #1!!! Congrats to all who matched, good luck to those still waiting and those getting ready for post-match!

Ps what are the next steps? Do we reach out today or wait to be emailed?

Congratulate to everyone who matched. I received mine at 8 AM. Matched my second choice.

Reactions: 1 user
matched with my #1 choice cant believe it!! congrats everyone! anyone my coresident at MUSC??

I had 2 interviews, didn't match!!! :( Truth is, I wasn't the strongest applicant. OK moving on to plan B

Members don't see this ad :)
Matched with #2, which was kind of #1 but I ranked it #2 because of moving and picking the safe choice- hospital I work at. I'm quite pleased. And just looked at the scramble list, for those of you that didn't match there are still a lot of really good programs with available positions, including a couple that didn't invite me for interviews.

...And my inbox fills up with programs advertising for unmatched PGY1s and PGY2s...

Just so no one PMs me asking what the programs are, the PGY1 is at VA New Jersey HCS and most of the PGY2s are new psych programs

Reactions: 1 users
I matched with my #1!!!!!! Congrats everyone who matched!!!

This thread isn't jumping like the years past. Congratulations guys!

How does the scramble work? I'm telling my friends to contact RPDs for programs they want today and submit to PhorCAS Monday but I honestly don't have a clue what to tell them.

Matched to my #1 by the way, I got a call at 6 am my time when I was in the shower and found out via message. It was a nice surprise considering I had 4 separate dreams last night about matching to my #2-5.

How does the scramble work? I'm telling my friends to contact RPDs for programs they want today and submit to PhorCAS Monday but I honestly don't have a clue what to tell them.

Matched to my #1 by the way, I got a call at 6 am my time when I was in the shower and found out via message. It was a nice surprise considering I had 4 separate dreams last night about matching to my #2-5.
The program called and left a message for you? Wow. I haven't heard that, especially that early.

Haven't posted anything in awhile! Matched to my #5.

The program called and left a message for you? Wow. I haven't heard that, especially that early.

I haven't heard of programs calling this early either. Either way, I interpret this as a positive.

Congratulations to everyone who matched!
Good luck to those looking to scramble! hang in there..:)

matched to my #1 too, but never got an email from the program. i was gonna give it a few days then send them an email if i still never heard back.. or am i supposed to just wait?
In that case you can just shoot them one on Monday.

matched to my #1 too, but never got an email from the program. i was gonna give it a few days then send them an email if i still never heard back.. or am i supposed to just wait?

I think there is nothing wrong with reaching out when you are ready to say a quick "hey, I'm really excited I matched and look forward to working with you" or something along those lines.

My RPD didn't email me match day last year either, (which felt like a bummer personally since I was so thrilled and everyone else was hearing back). Some program directors just do things on their own time...

Be patient. My RPD was out of town Friday. I thought it was nice that the coordinator still called and reached out to say how excited they were to have me on board but I don't know any specifics. I bet we hear moe on Monday :)

In that case you can just shoot them one on Monday.

I think there is nothing wrong with reaching out when you are ready to say a quick "hey, I'm really excited I matched and look forward to working with you" or something along those lines.

My RPD didn't email me match day last year either, (which felt like a bummer personally since I was so thrilled and everyone else was hearing back). Some program directors just do things on their own time...

thank you! i'll shoot them one on Monday. yeah, i feel like everyone's been emailed so i'm over here like, aw.. haha. but that makes sense.

I matched for a PGY-2. That is surprising. I applied to 20 programs and ending up only ranking two due to lack of interviews. Well residencies are like women, you only need one.

Reactions: 1 users
I matched for a PGY-2. That is surprising. I applied to 20 programs and ending up only ranking two due to lack of interviews. Well residencies are like women, you only need one.
What area are you going into? I feel like PGY2 was easier to get and way less stressful.

lol, congrats!! Did you apply to one specialty or a couple?

What area are you going into? I feel like PGY2 was easier to get and way less stressful.

True. I still stressed, but significantly less.
I think its probably still stressful in the competitive fields.

lol, congrats!! Did you apply to one specialty or a couple?

True. I still stressed, but significantly less.
I think its probably still stressful in the competitive fields.
That's true. I was still stressed but less so I should say. My field isn't uber competitive like critical care and ID and I think there's 8 open spots in the scramble which I think is going to be really hard to get all those spots filled.

That's true. I was still stressed but less so I should say. My field isn't uber competitive like critical care and ID and I think there's 8 open spots in the scramble which I think is going to be really hard to get all those spots filled.

I didn't apply as a couple, but I did apply for ID.

Not sure if anyone else is scambling, but Bayfront Health, FL filled the position

Northwestern in Illinois also told me they already interviewed all the people they are considering.

Programs not waiting until the suggested offer date?

tumblr_mtjvzv7a4e1sxvir5o1_400.gif

Has anyone not received email from the residency program director yet? I just shoot an email in the morning but haven't receive a reply. Kind of getting worried. Just wondering if there are any cases in the past that the program withdraw their spots due to funding?

northwestern's 2 spots are for non-traditional residents...

To my understanding it was a PGY1 that was 2 years long (non-traditional) because you did 3 month blocks of rotation and 3 month blocks of hospital staffing.

Either way the spots have been filled or they know who they want to fill them. I was just letting people who may have been interested.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited:
Just a heads up, Carolinas Medical Center has filled both of their scramble positions. I just received an e-mail.

Anyone heard from any other places in NY or IL?