Interview Invitations Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The first interview request will probably be rolling out in a week or two, so I would like to start an interview invite sticky modeled on this thread from last year: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=148749

Don't worry, there is no strategic downside to posting your interview status. The PD from Partners isn't going to pass on you because you are also interviewing at BIDMC. It's just a nice community building thing on the forum, and it gives you an idea of when you should expect to hear from programs. Plus, when you get those first interviews, it is nice to be able to tell people who are going through the same process and appreciate what it means.

Members don't see this ad.

hey gopher!i think its a great idea to share his info.i hope i am in a position to share stuff though(!!)anyway,i have not heard from anyone ,not even an acknowledgement of having received my application although i know for a fact that my application hasbeen shipped tothe prgrams.keeping my fingers crossed!!looks like only one other person on this site has received calls so far.

I got my 1st rejection from UTSW med centre Dallas, and also an interview invitation from Wayne state university. Any ideas about wayne..??

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied 41, today just got 1st rejection from UTSW, no interview invitation yet

How are you getting rejected. Email, letter, call?
Thanks

I received my first interview invite from SLU last week and my second was from UT southwestern today. Only one other program has contacted me and that was simply to state that they had received my application.

hey guys!got a rejection from utsw dallas too!another was an acknowledgement of having received my application.gdluck to all of us!

hey copperhouse!wayne has a great program.congratulations!

Got an interview from Univ of Minn today via email.

Got another interview invitation from Southern Illinois Univ, Springfield.

hey!i got a call from southern illinois university at springfield.any input on the program would really be appreciated.is it true that they were on the verge of closing?

Got one rejection from UT Southwestern by e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invitation from St. Louis university (snail mail)

UT San Antonio(Sept), UT Southwestern(Oct), Barrow/St Joes Phoenix (Nov)

Can anyone tell me anything they know about Barrow/St. Joe's?? I saw that it was ranked high on US News and World report but on the infamous 82 program rank list it was pretty low down... any ideas?

Did you get all these interviews by email? I'm interviewing at UT Southwestern as well, but haven't head from Barrow (they sent confirmation that they received my app, but no word on my interview status) so I'm wondering if this means I didn't get an interview? Do programs normally let you know if they don't want to interview you?

docbst said:
UT San Antonio(Sept), UT Southwestern(Oct), Barrow/St Joes Phoenix (Nov)

Can anyone tell me anything they know about Barrow/St. Joe's?? I saw that it was ranked high on US News and World report but on the infamous 82 program rank list it was pretty low down... any ideas?

hey guys please tell me im not the only one who hasn't got any interviews so far. i am a us-img, submitted my stuff on aug. 17, got email confirmation that my stuff was sent on sept.2. so far ive got the CAS mailer from mayo rochester and minnesota saying when i could expect to receive an interview invite. is now the time to start worrying a little??? thanks guys

Barrow/St Joe's will call you for an interview invite... the two UTexas programs emailed me. i don't think this process is very fast... maybe between 1-3 invites/week is what i would think but obviously don't really know. i think the process is limited to how quickly people respond to the invites???

docbst said:

You mean the list that says that the Cleveland Clinic is better than UCLA and WashU? That list?

The US News rank is probably artificially high, because they lump neuro and neurosurg, and Barrow has an awesome neurosurg reputation.

All in all, it is a good 2nd tier program. Very solid. But it's no Cleveland Clinic. :D

rejection from Mayo clinic, Jacksonville ( e mail)

I was referred here by a friend who said it was worthwhile checking as it had a wealth of information.

As you may have guessed, applied Neuro (mailed August 24th) and have gotten two interviews (both via e-mail):

Temple
U. of Texas (San Antonio)

Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone got an inside scoop on Temple? Would really appreciate anyone's experience.

Best of luck to everyone and this is a great thread.
See you on the interview trail!

Don't worry, it's still early in the game. I am sure you will start getting interview invitations soon. Remember, many programs interview up through January. good luck to you!

gallant2m said:
hey guys please tell me im not the only one who hasn't got any interviews so far. i am a us-img, submitted my stuff on aug. 17, got email confirmation that my stuff was sent on sept.2. so far ive got the CAS mailer from mayo rochester and minnesota saying when i could expect to receive an interview invite. is now the time to start worrying a little??? thanks guys

Got a rejection letter with CAS confirmation yesterday from Univ of Alabama.
Got a prelim year interview today, what a relief!

CAS received on Sept 5th
I hope it makes that early UCSF deadline! (Gopher, do you know anything about this?--I see you sent your application in Sept last year)

Invitation from U. Texas (San antonio) by e-mail.
Rejection from SLU.

Interviews at Mayo Scottsdale, Barrow, Salt Lake City, WashU and Colorado.

Utah... very nice program coordinator called on the phone... 2 phone calls now, 2 emails.

should be studying for Step 2CK that I take next week but too busy looking up ski resorts near Salt Lake City

Got a letter (snail mail) for interview from Medical College of Georgia in Augusta.
Did not recieve a CAS form letter from them.

Anyone who may have gone through interviews last year that reads this have an interview at Univ Minn? It is the first one I have scheduled and needless to say I am nervous and would appreciate any info.
Thanks

penguins said:
Anyone who may have gone through interviews last year that reads this have an interview at Univ Minn? It is the first one I have scheduled and needless to say I am nervous and would appreciate any info.
Thanks

Minnesota, Hats off to thee!
To thy colors, true we shall ever be,
Firm and strong, united are we.
Rah. rah, rah
For Ski-U-Mah
Rah, Rah, Rah, Rah
Rah for the U of M.
[Repeat]
M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
Minnesota, Minnesota
Yeah Gophers! :D

If you have any specific questions, drop me a PM. It's a great program.

hey guys!got three calls so far -
siu-springfield,medical college of georgia and university of arkansas.any news of suny syracuse or umass?i am really interested in these two programs.has anyone heard from them?

I got a CAS confirmation and a letter from Univ of Michigan today. The letter was saying I was being considered for their 3 year spot (no PGY-1) and could expect a decision by 11/15. There was also an ethnic form to fill out and mail back in (optional).

rejection from Drexel (had called the program)

I have interview invitations with Barrows, SLU, Mayo in Rochester, U Utah, U New Mexico, U Minnesota, U Wisconsin. :)

Glad to have finally joined you all...just got my first interview offer today-Dartmouth via email.

UT San Antonio, UT Southwestern, U of Iowa, U of New Mexico, Barrow, U of Utah... most by email.

Rejection on CAS form yesterday from Indiana Univ (Indianapolis)

Cleveland Clinic! (by email)

3 neuro-Interviews: U NM*, U Chicago*, U Boston; no rejections, 6 "received your application" (*= pay for hotel)

preliminary year: 2 rejection (Hawaii. St. Vincent/Portland), 2 "received your application"

all by email

Good luck, everybody and I hope you have more fun waiting than I have...

Having pretty good luck so far...

Interviews: Dartmouth (email), UIC (snail mail), Iowa (email), Ohio State (phone call), Maryland (snail mail), Mayo Clinic Rochester (snail mail)

Invites from BU, Tufts, Einstein, UMDNJ.
CAS confirmations from MGH/BIDMC and Temple. (I also got a CAS confirmation from Einstein two days before I received the invite.)
Compulsively checking email and mailbox. :oops:

Anybody received any invites from the following: Oregon HSU, UNC, Penn, Jefferson, UMich, Indiana U, Tenn, or Med U Ohio?

I've heard or received interviews from other programs mentioned on this site but haven't heard hide nor hair from the above (except got the Receipt letter from Mich and Med Ohio.)

Thanks.

Are you wondering about Penn State or U. Penn? I received an interview from Penn State a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard from U. Penn yet.

I've applied to 16 programs. CAS was processed on Sep 9. I have yet to hear anything from any program (even regarding receipt of application). I did speak with Columbia and they have not yet sent out interview invitations (this should begin in about a week)...

Hi, I thought I'd add the schools I haven't seen on this thread yet.
I have interviews at Northwestern (email), Rush (snail mail), and USC (email).

Hey all, thought i'd make my debut to this forum and add my interview invites so far: Mayo-Rochester, WashU, Northwestern, UColorado, SLU, Wake Forest, and Rush...
Waiting to hear from UWash, OHSU, Stanford, UCSF, UCSD, Partners, Duke, and UNC

Good luck to everyone :luck:

Heard from Columbia today (by email).

Hey Guys,

D.O. Student , I turned in my CAS on 9/2/05, was sent on 9/23/05 and got my first interview today 9/30/05 from North Shore Long Island Jewish medical center/Albert Einstein New York. :) Was very relieved to get my first invitation.

Hi, I just received my first interview invitation from UT Southwestern. Any idea about this program? What questions will they ask? What should i prepare for this interview? Thanks!

joined the crowd today: UChicago (email)
Cas recieved by SFMP Sept 5th and sent to programs the end of last week