Interview dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

During which time frame do peds programs start interviews? Earliest I have heard is last week of November and latest is first week of February. Anyone interview earlier or later than this? Also, do they take a break from interviewing around Christmas and New Years? I am curious because I am trying to schedule an away elective over the winter and am trying to figure out where to fit it in without interfering too much with my interview availability.

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen interviews from the first week of November to the first week of Feb. I interviewed mostly in December but a few in Jan and two in Nov.

GeneGoddess said:
I've seen interviews from the first week of November to the first week of Feb. I interviewed mostly in December but a few in Jan and two in Nov.

Did you interview at all during the last week of December (eg, 23rd through the New Year)?

Members don't see this ad :)
scholes said:
Did you interview at all during the last week of December (eg, 23rd through the New Year)?

Some take time off, others don't around the holidays. I did one of my interviews December 21 or 22.

scholes said:
During which time frame do peds programs start interviews? Earliest I have heard is last week of November and latest is first week of February. Anyone interview earlier or later than this? Also, do they take a break from interviewing around Christmas and New Years? I am curious because I am trying to schedule an away elective over the winter and am trying to figure out where to fit it in without interfering too much with my interview availability.

I had one place off an interview in October (my home program). But I agree that Nov-early Feb is more the norm. I did 2 in Nov, 2 in Dec, and 1 in Jan. Most places are pretty flexible with dates, especially if you reply to their interview offer early.
:luck: