Interview at University of Texas??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monica23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an interview at the University of Texas? Have one coming up in the next couple of weeks and any advice or information would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP

I have an interview coming up soon there too and I would like some info ...

Here's something I posted a while back:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83465&highlight=austin

I only applied to UT and Midwestern-CPG after all. I was going to withdraw my app from UT after I was accepted to my first choice during early admissions, but I never got around to it. I haven't heard anything from them about an interview, so I'm really glad I was accepted a MWU.

Here's UT's 2003 admissions stats:
http://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/admissions/ad_stats03.html

Best of luck to you two! :horns:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info karmapatrol...

I hate looking at those admissions stats! They remind me of how hard it is to get in there! *freaking out a little about interview*

Shannon

Thanks karmapatrol, for the info. All I can do at this point is prepare as much as possible and not be so nervous....

I'm kinda curious what they're doing now for interviews. It was very easy when I went there--basically do you know about pharmacy, how articulate are you, and can you take a position and defend it?

You had to be either a non-native speaker, very shy, not too bright or have hygiene problems to do badly. Really very low stress.

Although I hear now they make you write an essay. That would have kept me out, I think. The key to my writing is revision, revision, and more revision. It takes me forever to write anything worth reading. Plus my handwriting's not great when I'm rushed. But if they're happy with the monumental piece of crap that usually represents my first draft of anything, then OK.

I am a pharmacy student at UT. It has been a couple of years since my interview. At that time, we had a professor interview us for 30 mintues or less (about 10 questions), then wrote an essay and met current pharmacy students. I believe they have now added a problem solving question after the essay and now P2 and P# students may also be interviewing you alongside the professor during the same 30 mintues. The student's presence is supposed to help calm your nerves, not make you more nervous. The interview is not bad at all. Just be honest and don't answer the way you think they want you to answer.

Well, then that sounds about the same as mine then, just with the essay and problem added on. I had a student with the professor at my interview. Then when I got in, I was a student interviewer a few times. They had a form. Everyone was supposed to be asked the same questions, and your performance is graded according to a pre-defined set of criteria. All very scientific. :rolleyes: The criteria are based mostly on how you present yourself rather than what specifically you say. So if you look presentable, speak articulately and intelligently, don't giggle or fidget or any of that stuff, you should be fine. Just relax and be yourself. They're not out to trip you up in any way.