Interventional Radiology FMG freindly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know/can suggest FMG freindly VIR programs. I mean those ones that usually consider Foreign trained ragiolgist for a position. I have seen many of the programs still remain unfilled after match, but I understand that many of those will not consider FMG for unfilled positions.

I am foreign trained endovascular surgery/IR, have 2 years of internship, licensed in 3 states, some research experience, no bad records, currently work in private practice in field of IR mostly vascular(beleive it or not). I am not BE/BC therefore looking for route to become one. Anyone know any open position? any suggestions appreciated?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know/can suggest FMG freindly VIR programs. I mean those ones that usually consider Foreign trained ragiolgist for a position. I have seen many of the programs still remain unfilled after match, but I understand that many of those will not consider FMG for unfilled positions.

I am foreign trained endovascular surgery/IR, have 2 years of internship, licensed in 3 states, some research experience, no bad records, currently work in private practice in field of IR mostly vascular(beleive it or not). I am not BE/BC therefore looking for route to become one. Anyone know any open position? any suggestions appreciated?

I think the best approach is to contact programs individually. Funding and available positions can changed quickly. Additionally, don't assume that previously posted information represents current policy. For instance, recently the University of Mass. posted a position opening for 2011 on AuntMinnie.com which was initially represented as not visa compatible. Upon further discussion with the program, it appears to be H1 and J visa compatible depending on circumstances.

Thanks, that's what I try to do.

I agree about policy changing. UCSD website sais they will consider fmg on individual bases, but when I contacted the program directors, she said she would not even consider fmgs.
I believe also it a lot of has to do with personal connections, etc.