Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PCCM45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interventional Pulmonology Fellowship Application 2015

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys. Lets start fellowship thread for IP

I am planning to apply for IP fellowship in few weeks time. Looks like application already started. Any idea when hey start calling for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
might have better luck in the pulm/crit subforum

I think it's extremely variable when invitations for interviews go out. I've heard some programs have an arbitrary date that they set to look at all the applications together, and some do it on a rolling status.

Does anyone have any information about the structure of the following programs (BI is the only one with a dedicated website for their fellowship outlining the program):

Duke
Hopkins
Emory
Cleveland Clinic
UNC
UofChicago
Northwestern
Yale
Lahey
Wisco
Florida

Hey everyone. Also applying to IP, application sent in last week. Anyone know what kind of time window to start to expect hearing things back about interviews? Now that it is through IPFAS instead of paper application directly sent to programs, it seems there may be a different window, but anyhow, maybe people know when or what to expect.
Best of luck to everyone!

Hey everyone, how is the IP interview season going? Has anyone heard from Memorial-Sloan Kettering? I've been anxious to hear back from them regarding an interview invitation (or rejection if they decide I'm not what they are looking for).

Good luck to all who applied.

I have not heard from MSK. Have anyone heard from MD Anderson, BI, Hopkins, Mayo, Duke, VCW yet?

Good luck guys !! Lets make this forum active and keep updating.

I think it's extremely variable when invitations for interviews go out. I've heard some programs have an arbitrary date that they set to look at all the applications together, and some do it on a rolling status.

Does anyone have any information about the structure of the following programs (BI is the only one with a dedicated website for their fellowship outlining the program):

Duke : Good Comprehensive
Hopkins: 2 yr. very busy
Emory: dont know
Cleveland Clinic: Only airways, no pleural stuffs
UNC: Dont know. Looks new program
UofChicago: Don't know
Northwestern:Don't know
Yale:Don't know
Lahey: I heard its ok
Wisco: dont know
Florida
: good

hey, yeah let's try to keep this forum active.

I have heard from Hopkins and Virgina Commonwealth. Haven't heard from MSKCC. I heard from Cleveland Clinic already, but all they said is that they have already filled the spot for 2016. I also heard from University of Florida and they basically canceled all interviews and offered to pay for plane tickets that were booked in advance. They said that they will not be recruiting for next year's position on the basis of unforeseen circumstances. So it's possible that they decided to recruit internally or they may not have been able to get all the signatures they needed to get approval for an unaccredited fellowship program. That seems to be the problem at my own program. Since Pulmonary/Critical Care is a division under the department of Internal Medicine, the Internal Medicine department gets the final word on approval. They weren't too thrilled about funding a program that doesn't fall under the auspices of the ABIM.

Just another update to those interested, though I am sure you are likely all aware

HEre is a list of places where invites/rejections have been sent from as of now

BI/MGH
Cleveland Clinic (not interviewing anyone)
Cooper
Duke
Emory
Henry Ford
Johns Hopkins
Lahey
Mayo
Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Ohio State
Arkansas
Cincinnati
Florida (not interviewing anyone)
North Carolina
Penn
VCU
Wisconsin
Washington University (Barnes-Jewish)
Yale

Still haven't heard from:
Chicago chest (Elk Grove)
Medical College of Wisconsin
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Maryland
UCSF (PAMC)
Temple

Of note: when I look at the NRMP the following programs are not listed as participants in the match:
Chicago Chest
U Chicago
U Maryland
UCSF (PAMC)
Temple

Any other news from you all?
Hope interviews are going well!

Just another brief update
In speaking with program coordinators/directors:

University of Maryland is going out of match this year

Northwestern University has not sent out invites yet

UCSF has not yet sent out invites

Yale HAS sent out invites (per their coordinator)

I know not anything more from U Chicago, Chicago Chest, or Temple