Interventional Cardiology!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymafia90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medical School - 4 years.
Internal Medicine Residency - 3 years.
Cardiology Fellowship - 3 years.
Interventional sub-Fellowship

I was just wondering if i can do Internal medicine residency or cardiology fellowship while i'm a undergraduate student or while i'm in med school, or is it forbidden ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

I was just wondering if i can do Internal medicine residency or cardiology fellowship while i'm a undergraduate student or while i'm in med school, or is it forbidden ?

WTF kind of a question is this? You have to go through the training as you listed above, in order. To get into medical school you need to finish undergarduate studies in the US.

Second, this forum (the cardiology subforum of IM) is not for high school or college students to post their BS questions. it is for cardiolgy fellows, attendings and IM residents who are applying. Your question should be asked in the pre-med forum. Also, 3 threads? Really

Reactions: 4 users
WTF kind of a question is this? You have to go through the training as you listed above, in order. To get into medical school you need to finish undergarduate studies in the US.

Second, this forum (the cardiology subforum of IM) is not for high school or college students to post their BS questions. it is for cardiolgy fellows, attendings and IM residents who are applying. Your question should be asked in the pre-med forum. Also, 3 threads? Really
im new on here, and i was just told there's a place for me, i didn't know where to post on here, i wanted to get to the right group of people, this is not a bs question, and i don't understand the point of you cursing towards me, but ok

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope mods ban this joker quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
You're asking if you can do a residency or fellowship while an undergrad? I think you should choose a different career.

Reactions: 6 users
You're asking if you can do a residency or fellowship while an undergrad? I think you should choose a different career.
someone already answered me that question on yahoo in a well mannered way, please don't answer to this thread, it's in the wrong place.

Hey folks. Let's keep things professional. Not everyone comes in to this process with the same background.

If people prove to be trolls, you know we'll weed them out.

But until then, lets consider the possibility that the OP just needs some good resources to get on the right track.

Reactions: 6 users
Relax big guy, the kid's probably still in high school.

Relax big guy, the kid's probably still in high school.
i am 22, i was going to school for psychology, till i had a change of heart, thank you for having some sort of understanding... unlike the others, i really appreciate it. I am a student and i am here to stay and learn, i will ask any question i have, the issues others will have with it, is their inner mental problem, not mine.

I'll humor your question. You need to complete college before med school. You need to complete med school before residency. You need to complete residency before your fellowship. You can not do your residency and fellowship while in undergrad or med school...they are prereqs.

I'll humor your question. You need to complete college before med school. You need to complete med school before residency. You need to complete residency before your fellowship. You can not do you residency and fellowship while in undergrad or med school...they are prereqs.
thank you sir, i was already told that in a well intelligent manner by someone else, Hope you understand the meaning of patience after this experience, your brain will thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you sir, i was already told that in a well intelligent manner by someone else, Hope you understand the meaning of patience after this experience, your brain will thank you.
Don't poke the bear. Given your age and the fact that the internet exists, that's still an exceedingly dumb question.

Reactions: 7 users
As innocent as it may have been, OP and all of their threads/posts keeps making me laugh

Don't poke the bear. Given your age and the fact that the internet exists, that's still an exceedingly dumb question.
im pretty sure if you ask anyone that's not a med student that question they wouldn't know, i'm not here to go back in forth, I've already have gotten an answer, don't post because you're feeling emotional, it is against the rules to not stay on topic, so if you're going to move off topic and you can not control your ego that was created from an unstable emotional core please don't answer, everyone on here have been showing signs of an emotional/stress person that does a lot of self mental harm, have a good day bye.
As innocent as it may have been, OP and all of their threads/posts keeps making me laugh
im happy i can make you laugh

How did you decide on interventional cardiology? Genuinely curious.

How did you decide on interventional cardiology? Genuinely curious.
well, i was really focusing on becoming an anesthesiology, then one day while doing some more research on anesthesiology and med school and on other question i have had that day, I founded this forum, and i bumped into a post where someone had asked a bouquet of questions, and one of them was " if you weren't an anesthesiologist what would you be" and someone answered "a cardiologist", and he/she went further on explaining how studying to become a cardiologist is a year or two more then studying to become an anesthesiologist. Then i thought to myself, i could do this, its not too late, then i started doing research on cardiologist, and now i cant get enough, and anesthesiologist and cardiologist are kind of connected in the workplace, and also i started to think about how doing this can help me help my family whenever they're having heart issues.

Then i thought to myself, i could do this, its not too late, then i started doing research on cardiologist, and now i cant get enough, and anesthesiologist and cardiologist are kind of connected in the workplace, and also i started to think about how doing this can help me help my family whenever they're having heart issues.
Medical care of relatives is not considered good practice.

Reactions: 3 users
Primarily, lack of objectivity. Mixed motives can also be a problem, as well as unprofessional record-keeping.
oh, so if a family member wanted to get something checked and came to me, in my office, that would be bad?

yes you can. just make sure to sign up for the residency and fellowship classes. most people are able to complete undergrad in three years while finishing all of their residency/fellowship classes. you may need to apply for a semester of grad school if you want a minor in interventional cardiology.

Reactions: 4 users
I finished my IM internship at high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.