Internships open to foreign graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavy_crazy

ISU CVM 2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a friend at Royal Vet College in London - AVMA COE accredited - and he is looking to enter the match this coming Fall.

What internships accept foreign graduates? He is running in to issues of internships not sponsoring visas for foreign graduates. Does anyone have experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My answer would depend on what type of internship he's looking for. SA rotating?

I believe VCA internships accept non-U.S. interns. The VIRMP descriptions usually say if they accept U.S. applicants only.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two separate issues. One is where he got his degree. Being an AVMA accredited school this will not be a problem at most programs.

The other issue regards Visas. Many programs do not accept applicants that require a Visa to work because of financial and timing limitations. This information will be in the program description published on the VIRMP site. So he just needs to check the descriptions of any programs he is interested in.

Private internships will sponsor a visa.

Last edited: