Internal medicine Sub I at Detroit medical centre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys,
Anyone do a sub I at DMC IM program and has insights on hours, patient load etc.? And if they are generally nice with students? Let me know, thank you much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just saw this. I do my actual rotations here. IM was excellent at DMC. The residents and attendings are incredibly nice. You see incredible things here as well because our patient population has many chronic illnesses due to lack of access to health care. You will learn a lot here.

Try to do your SUB-I with Dr. Diane Levine. She is an excellent teacher (takes longer to round than others) and is on the residency board or whatever they are called.

Thanks so much! This is amazing to hear since I start my rotations not to far out from today - about1.5 weeks! I think as a medical student I have always felt so much more productive when the residents/ attendings are nice to work with. And, I was really anxious since I had heard mixed reviews about DMC, albeit they were from many years ago. I am very glad to know that the patient population is complex, I think this is where I learn best - and I am very thankful for this opportunity to be honest.

I haven't heard who my attending is yet, the last email from a week ago said I will be sent my etenet and other information sometime next week. But, thanks for putting that name out, perhaps I will sneak into some of her rounds.

All fingers crossed, I am hoping to do well, and land an interview at DMC.

Thanks much for taking the time!

You can always get her email by word of mouth and set up an appointment with her. She's all about students and helping them achieve their goals. I'm sure she'd be happy to help. Schedule it around the second week of your SUBI.

Thanks so much for your advice! Will do. Historically, would you know if they offer interviews to students rotating there?